Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Oh, Josh, did you tell me that you were submitting Quadrant 42 as well?

EDIT: Also, some songs don't really have a name to go with them save the stage represented. Some originals will be difficult to adapt into the Adventure name format, so I'll have to ask a few of you in private as to what you'll want to name 'em.

EDIT2: And those who submitted tracks without download links, will you PLEASE do so? D: General, that goes for your Flying Battery. Aptiva dude, that Pig City, I NEED IT. And StereoPixel, I don't think you gave me links for either South Island or Final Fortress... Seriously, it makes things difficult for me to keep track of all this if I'm not sent anything, and I don't want to end up losing submissions as a result. So please, once you finish your track, send me an mp3 or something! D:

It could use more keys, maybe.

The drums aren't programmed (well, unless they're electronic drums, which they might be, I haven't asked). In either case, Marvin played them himself.

I think every thing is neat. And the mixing is nice too! I noticed KP said to add more reverb but that would not be too great. Adding more reverb will make everything sound muddy as hell. It is nice how it is, I like drums. They are nice and pack a punch. Great guitar work too. If you do add anything, add a solo ya know? like some guitar chords in the back ground to sustain the solo (like a nice synth lead) to give it a nice touch. That is if you do plan to add anything of course biggrin.png great job I love it.

I think every thing is neat. And the mixing is nice too! I noticed KP said to add more reverb but that would not be too great. Adding more reverb will make everything sound muddy as hell. It is nice how it is, I like drums. They are nice and pack a punch. Great guitar work too. If you do add anything, add a solo ya know? like some guitar chords in the back ground to sustain the solo (like a nice synth lead) to give it a nice touch. That is if you do plan to add anything of course biggrin.png great job I love it.

Okay, reverb might be a no, but I think some instruments could stand to be better. I hate criticizing the work of others, but this feels like it could be... well, a bit better.

I think possibly the biggest problem I have is that it feels a bit... empty. I feel like it needs to be rounded a bit better.

It's still awesome though.

Edited by Marine the Racoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

@ Vizard: Yeah, I am. I'll email you with all my current submissions. I know what you mean about the naming, I've wondered about it myself. I suppose some will have to be different. Not every track in SA2 had the same naming format, like the event titles. Maybe we could do something like that. "Original: Title Here." I've got a working title for the Sonic X song remix but I'm afraid it can't be fit into the Adventure format.

On a semi-related note, some notes on who did what and credit to the original composers along with this album would be really cool, kinda like how VGMDB does it. http://vgmdb.net/album/29979

@ UrbanFlow: I already added an extensive guitar solo (could be split into 3 parts) in the second half of the song. xD A synth lead would be cool though.

@ Katamari: ...I forgot what I was gonna say. tongue.png

A synth lead would be cool though.

I'M ON IT. @_@

Well, since Faseeh actually successfully guessed the game my mystery track is from, might as well spill the beans now.

I watched a full playthrough of Rivals 2 recently (just to see if it was worth getting or not, and it's kinda not), and these songs caught my attention. Since both Rivals' soundtracks are mostly forgotten (except for Race to Win), I decided to give some of the music some justice!

EDIT: Also, some songs don't really have a name to go with them save the stage represented. Some originals will be difficult to adapt into the Adventure name format, so I'll have to ask a few of you in private as to what you'll want to name 'em.

Well technically, Not every song in the Adventure games has that specific name format (example: "Sand Hill", "Twinkle Circuit", BOSS: Masters of the Desert), so we can either go with Nemo's idea or just keep the title as is. (Well for mine, I guess you can put "Welcome to Genocide City...for Genocide City Zone) or something like that.

well, if someone has an idea in ​​how i can be the lead synth thing, send me a message and we check what i can be done.

I finally found another song I wanna work on! It's a relatively obscure one from Sonic X, and I'm thinking it might make a good interlude track~

• Thumbs Up 1

All you people with obscure songs. :P

I'm sticking to just doing songs I have love for. I tend to do better with those. After all, I want to give only my best to the album. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

All you people with obscure songs. tongue.png

I'm sticking to just doing songs I have love for. I tend to do better with those. After all, I want to give only my best to the album. biggrin.png

It's definitely fine to love an obscure song. At the end of the day, your heart has to be in the right place at the right time, and that's where the writing shines the most.

Let me quote something that fellow OCRemix musician Fishy once said, in an interview regarding last year's London Gaming Con:

Q. Have you got any advice for those budding remixers who are wishing to submit to OverClocked Remix?

Fishy: Don't be tempted to remix music you have no attachment to for the sake of popularity! If the music means something to you, it will show and you will be happier.

Edited by Rexy
  • Thumbs Up 5

OK, here's a demo of the Sonic X medley. The "Mirai" section needs to be chopped in half, I think. I need to add some stuff. Not sure what. xD

This is so peaceful :)

Well, damn. Sorry for the double post, but I actually got this done!

I present to you, my first DnB styled-track, "Burn to Ashes...for Chaotic Inferno"!

https://soundcloud.c...c-inferno-remix

(working title I guess. If you have a better name, please feel free to offer suggestions.

Also, any criticism is welcome!)

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 4

@Ash Crimson, That. Was. AWSOME!

I love DnB and that just totally blew my mind, At the start I thought the bass was a bit heavy but after I got into the feel of the track it merged nicely with the other instruments :) The Silver samples add some real tension and coolness to the track too :)

Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds great, man! In it goes!

Also, Stereo, if you can send me your FF Classic and South Island tracks, that'd be nice... ^^;

I think we might be at about 50 tracks by now...

With that, got an announcement to make in a jiff. All I'll say is...

READY YOUR TABLETS.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds great, man! In it goes!

Also, Stereo, if you can send me your FF Classic and South Island tracks, that'd be nice... ^^;

I think we might be at about 50 tracks by now...

With that, got an announcement to make in a jiff. All I'll say is...

READY YOUR TABLETS.

NEARLY 50 SONGS. EPIC!

Words are not enough to express how incredible this is going to be! This better be worth it when it comes out next year :D

• Thumbs Up 5

Can I dream of a physical CD release? No? Ok :<

That CD-art looks phreaking awesome!

Edited by generaloffensive

https://www.box.com/...u360256wt5ult17

I'm SO CLOSE to finish this but Jeff KEEPS SAYING THAT IT'S MISSING SOMETHING

I would like help, people. D:

It sounds ok at the first listen but I'd say you should try and work on the drums a little more (they sound a little bit "weak") try compressing and EQ-ing them (if you're unsure how to do that you can search Drum compression or Drum EQ-ing tutorials on google or something) It will help bring "more life" to it. And imo in terms of composition, it sound way too close to the original, add some variations / harmonies (3rds, 5ths, octaves you choose) / key-changes, try different instruments, solos, add another layer, different song structure, new and fun idees are always welcome. I might be entirely wrong since I'm using mono headphones so I don't get to listen to the fullest so, my apologies if I have misheard something. I'll assume you've wrote the midi data for this particular remix so I'm going to also assume you know what key and what chord progressions the song has to offer. Try to take advantage of that biggrin.png. I wish you luck my friend!

Edited by generaloffensive
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://www.box.com/...u360256wt5ult17

I'm SO CLOSE to finish this but Jeff KEEPS SAYING THAT IT'S MISSING SOMETHING

I would like help, people. D:

Quick tip from me - make your bass louder, probably boosting the signal by 3-6db or so. I've also noticed that you've gone for a deep sub-bass, so it's also a good idea to double it up with something more acoustic-sounding in a higher-octave. That's what I tend to do with my bass-lines biggrin.png

[EDIT: Actually, just realised your mix is more of a 'cover' than an actual remix. I think I can see where Jeff is coming from with that now. All I can say is that you need to figure out any additional ideas to make it feel like your own track. What does Starlight Carnival mean to you? What are your fondest memories of that stage? How can you add that feeling in musically? By looking in that direction, you have a foundation to expand upon the setting here.]

Edited by Rexy
  • Thumbs Up 1

All I can say is that you need to figure out any additional ideas to make it feel like your own track. What does Starlight Carnival mean to you? What are your fondest memories of that stage? How can you add that feeling in musically? By looking in that direction, you have a foundation to expand upon the setting here.

I'm screwed.

Eh... I think I'll just throw the towel and work in something else or... Something. This Starlight Carnival BS has been tearing me apart for months and I can't figure out how to do it.

Nevermind people.

I'm screwed.

Eh... I think I'll just throw the towel and work in something else or... Something. This Starlight Carnival BS has been tearing me apart for months and I can't figure out how to do it.

Nevermind people.

Well, thanks for making me feel a lot worse. ;_;

I've been through enough disappointment in the past 3 weeks to see people just give up on things. Is this what I'm made for now - just scaring people away? What have I done to deserve this? :(

I'm screwed.

Nevermind people.

Dude, no! D;