Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Well, thanks for making me feel a lot worse. ;_;

I've been through enough disappointment in the past 3 weeks to see people just give up on things. Is this what I'm made for now - just scaring people away? What have I done to deserve this? sad.png

It's not you Rexy, I appreciate your words seriously

dammit now i feel bad

this isn't funny >:c

Blue, just don't give up. We are all here to help. Okay, maybe not me as my stuff is like 'yeah'. But the others are.

Take their advice, pull of your own spin and we've hit an awesome track!

On other news... I'll be doing art like I've said. Just that nobody will like it. :P

The majority of my remixes are more like "covers," for lack of a better term, because my goal in making them is to transcribe the original as accurately as possible.

But when a true "remix" is called for, switching things up is cool. In my remix of Yuzo Koshiro's "Rain," which I'm submitting for this album, I transcribed the piano like the original but then added synth chords, bells and other textures to flesh it out.

What you've got so far is great, I just think it needs fleshed out a little more. My first thought; try changing up the drums. Maybe, instead of the snare being on the up-beats, put it on just the 2 and 4, or maybe the downbeats. You could also accent unusual beats, like put the hi-hat on the last 16th-note before the end of the measure, make it funky.

Maybe, even, remove the drums entirely and see where that leads you. oO

And that's just one instrument. Music has no limits. It has loose rules, but the blues show those rules can be broken. Have fun with it!

I agree with ya Nemo. It does not have to be drastically different, but you have to input some of your own ideas to get a better twist out of it.

When is the deadline for album art submissions? :3

EDIT: Is there a specified size? Or does it just have to be a square? :P

Edited by JemiLoke97

THAT'S IT. I GIVE UP ON SPLASH HILL. EVERYONE HATES THAT ANYWAY.

Talking of it, if Blue's giving up on Starlight Metropolis (Ishouldstopunconsciouslyadvertisingmystuff) Carnival, I'd tackle it! The style I finalized for Blinded by Neon, (for Starlight Metropolis, mind) moderately paced techno synthpop, should be an interesting enough take for the song.

...Kat, I'll need a keyboard solo from you. You or SplashNetwork/Joshua Minor, anyway.

Edited by Can of Nothing

When is the deadline for album art submissions? :3

EDIT: Is there a specified size? Or does it just have to be a square? :P

Preferred size would be around the same as those hidden in the spoilers above, and it has to be square. ^^;

The end date is the same for the music! So February!

Because Soniko is late to the punch, i'll be taking part in the album art submissions, may do a few if i got time!

• Thumbs Up 4

OH GAWD, how I've missed that thread? o.o This is freaking awesome guys, people of the forum doing Sonic music for its own album, it's like a dream ^^ I can't do music, but going to keep my eyes here from now, outstanding remixes everyone!

Dear colleagues, after hours and hours of pure rage, after hours of continuous crashing and saving issues, I've FINALLY managed to export a small portion of my Altar Emerald remix biggrin.png

It's nowhere near finishing but it might take a while to finish because of the crashes (PLEASE IGNORE the saw lead, I want to replace it in the future). So please, tell me what do you think guys biggrin.png

http://soundcloud.co...emerald/s-0pD7O

... I need some Xanax guys... all those crashes drove me crazy!

P.S. Wobwobwobwobwob.

Edited by generaloffensive
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sup guys. Definitely looking forward to the album. I did a browse-through of the last two pages but since I'm in class I can't listen to much.

Did two more mixes for the collab this morning. One is a bit of a laid back mix of sky chase, dug into my beatmaking side for it. The Ex-Boss remix I might change a few things (levels, etc.) but I won't be able to do that for a few days so I figure I should post them up see what you guys think.

http://www.masterjace.com/mp3s/remixes/skychase.mp3

http://www.masterjace.com/wip/da_ex_boss.mp3

• Thumbs Up 6

My pants feel really tight all of a sudden.

Great tunes, Jace! Two things:

-What would their titles be?

and

-Are you still submitting the Sonic 3 credits theme?

Sup guys. Definitely looking forward to the album. I did a browse-through of the last two pages but since I'm in class I can't listen to much.

Did two more mixes for the collab this morning. One is a bit of a laid back mix of sky chase, dug into my beatmaking side for it. The Ex-Boss remix I might change a few things (levels, etc.) but I won't be able to do that for a few days so I figure I should post them up see what you guys think.

http://www.masterjace.com/mp3s/remixes/skychase.mp3

http://www.masterjace.com/wip/da_ex_boss.mp3

I gotta say that these are some amazing remixes. I really love how you handled nonaggression.

@ Jace: NONAGRESSION...!?!

JACE YOU ARE MADE OF WIN. What are you using for these amazing soundfonts?

I think the only soundfont I used was the touhou soundfont for the choir. Everything else is Synth1, Albino 3, Korg Legacy stuff and a little bit of Nexus (computer can't really handle it). Guitars are from Colossus and everything else is Hyper Canvas.

My pants feel really tight all of a sudden.

Great tunes, Jace! Two things:

-What would their titles be?

and

-Are you still submitting the Sonic 3 credits theme?

Yeah I still have to think up titles and re-encode into 320kbs, lol. I actually finished the Sonic 3 credits remix today too.

I gotta say that these are some amazing remixes. I really love how you handled nonaggression.

Thanks man. Me and nonaggression go way back to the MIDI days. Probably my favorite sonic track.

Edited by Jace
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Jace: Wow that's awesome! :D really like how the composition of both tracks stand out really well. And the synths / drums you used are really really well polished :D

@Joshua: Sonic Advance 3 - Altar Emerald :D

Nice job, Josh! >D Be sure to send me the mp3 later!

So that'll put us at 55... that'll make for 5 sets, 5 interludes, and 5 album arts as of now...

Oh, is it time for the art already?

I did want to try my hand at doing something musical, but with so many other distractions, projects and a lot of self learning required in such a short amount of time, I just never had the chance. Fitting in the time to draw a cover entry should not be a problem though. I did say I was at least going to do that last year.

I already had the perfect idea in mind, but I never got to put it on paper. I do intend to surpass my 2011 entry in every possible way so look out for it. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, so here's the deal.

With the album's steadily increasing growth rate, now standing at 55 songs at 3h+ (and over 300MB), I realize that this is going to be a bit of a bitch to download once February comes 'round.

Now, I have no intention to put a limit on the album, seeing that I want to keep the February date and because this is an open doors project, so instead I looked back as to how we handled the tracklist arrangement on the previous album.

Last year, the album was split down to 4 discs, which was done aesthetically in order to accommodate all of the album covers we've received. This year though, I will be splitting each set of tracks down to separate downloads, coming to about 10-12 tracks each, so you can just get each "disc" at a time and make things easier for all of you.

The option to download it all at once will be available as well if that's your ideal preference.

• Thumbs Up 8

Clearly this means we should split the Album into "Episodes." Just make sure to replace all the songs' instruments with cats and ducks. wink.png

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 7

Actually, let's go with that! Labelling them as Episodes would be pretty cool. XD

Speaking of, I will be adding the post regarding the album art onto the first page in a bit, along with a few additional details.