Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Fine, no Back 2 Back.

...A New Day? It's the only one I can get the samples out of that I think I can remix.

...Hang on, I'll be extracting samples from SRA.

Actually, going with Stereo's idea...

How about, instead of His World, we all work on an English version of this?

If there's one song I actually want to sing, it's THIS. It could use some rocking guitar, piano, maybe some EARgasmic material, an English voice for this guy...

you know you bitches want Segata Sanshiro

EDIT: I dunno, it's likely just the SASRT DLC hype train that's getting to me. ^^; I'm all up for His World too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright, I dunno about you, Faseeh, but I'm gonna post my WIP here :U

_wip__a_secret_project_by_jemiloke97-d5leez4.png

Ignore the names up there, they're just the names of my Livestream watchers and will not be in the final product :P Tails will be flying in the middle, holding a music triangle while Sonic's clenched hand will have a pair of drumsticks in it. Contrary to popular belief, this wasn't inspired by Music Plant at all (I've never played the Advance games :P ) I just wanted huge instruments, that's all. 'The Sonic Stadium' will be on top, while 'Music Adventure' will be at the bottom. If not, every word will just have to squeeze in at the top.

The guiitar was traced from Jun Senoue's Sonic guitar cuz I suck at drawing them on my own . Does it look out of place? Faseeh keeps saying it doesn't look Sonic-y...hmm. Is it because I traced it? :o

• Thumbs Up 9

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Jemi, love the concept on this one! 8D giantinstrumentsandpianoslidingoasbfoasbfjaslbflqjwficsaicbassqwudoiasbf

I've had a bit of an update in the rules though: remember that along with "The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012", there should be an "Act [blank]" so we can issue each album cover to a specific set of tracks. Once it's been decided whose art goes to which tracklist, you can fill the blank with 1, 2, or whatever xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, going with Stereo's idea...

How about, instead of His World, we all work on an English version of this?

I'm up for anything if anybody would like me, that is. Don't love His World but not a big problem.

Jemi, opinions. That's all. It's nice though!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Jemi, love the concept on this one! 8D giantinstrumentsandpianoslidingoasbfoasbfjaslbflqjwficsaicbassqwudoiasbf

I've had a bit of an update in the rules though: remember that along with "The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012", there should be an "Act [blank]" so we can issue each album cover to a specific set of tracks. Once it's been decided whose art goes to which tracklist, you can fill the blank with 1, 2, or whatever xD

WAZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

I'm glad you love the concept :D I was a little worried about having enough space to fit in the title. Is it okay if I have 'The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012' at the top, but with 'Music Adventure 2012' occupying the 2nd line, with ' The Sonic Stadium' right on top? And 'Act [blank]' at the bottom-right corner of the cover? :D

WAZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

I'm glad you love the concept biggrin.png I was a little worried about having enough space to fit in the title. Is it okay if I have 'The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012' at the top, but with 'Music Adventure 2012' occupying the 2nd line, with ' The Sonic Stadium' right on top? And 'Act [blank]' at the bottom-right corner of the cover? biggrin.png

That's just fine, Jem. XD Works perfectly!

That album art is looking awesome Jemi :3

I know it wasn't inspired by Music Plant but i tgink if you followed that route color scheme wise It'd look really nice, I can just imagine a candy pink backdrop and the rest of the colors been really candy and neon looking too..

Its your piece though, just suggestions :P

• Thumbs Up 1

So I started working on what was originally going to be a Quartz Quadrant medley, but it turned into a... trance... remix... thing... SHUT UP.

https://www.box.com/...7gvxw7kdk6h73xn

Hey, I like it. The piano parts are a pitch higher than I personally like, but otherwise, it's a pretty nice remix so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm...not sure if this is worth mentioning, but earlier this year, I posted an awesome video from youtube into the youtube thread of a fantastic yet unfinished animated 3D retelling of the Doomsday Zone.

At the time, I stupidly read the comments and spotted a dull discussion about the eyes being the wrong/right colour. (Sonic started with his current green eyes and they remained green when he turned Super.)

I died a little inside, on that day...

Anyway, I remembered this and since my action cover takes place at that very same moment, I figured I'd create alternate versions of the cover, each with Super Sonic having different coloured eyes. In a vain attempt to please everyone. I've already shown the red eye, current Super Sonic version. There's also the green eyed version, as his sprites clearly showed green eyes in the original games. And the Generations Classic Super Sonic, plain black eyes version.

I don't imagine you'd used all three. I figure whomever judges what covers to used would have to pick their personal favourite eye colour choice, if my cover was to be used.

Well I don't think i'll be submitting these 'cus there not actual original art but I decided to have a go at making a front and back cover for the album! smile.png

FMia9.jpg

7e7Fy.jpg

These actual took some hard work to do, i'm not all that good at manipulating and scaling sprites in Photoshop but I think it turned out nice!

Tell me what you think :3

EDIT: Maybe I will submit the back cover one :P

@Marvin, I'm really liking it, The melody is very Sonic'y indeed :3

but I think it needs more work to make it sound more lush and full,, it sounds a bit empty and Midi'ish at the moment

Edited by StereoPix3l
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Marvin, I'm really liking it, The melody is very Sonic'y indeed :3

but I think it needs more work to make it sound more lush and full,, it sounds a bit empty and Midi'ish at the moment

I guess the midi thing becuase the synths im using...but i dont know what to add to this -_-

Alright, might as well now. First things first, I've restarted Mad Gear but no progress yet so yeah. (Also I don't know why but I'm not that interested in it but I don't want my efforts to go to waste or anything so I will be doing it.)

Other than that, me and Joshua have almost completed our remix of Nimue... Lady of the Lake.

https://www.box.com/s/4wgehucd4iwu51mm9fl3

Whatever I can show at the moment is this as for the next part I'm still tweaking it to be a little more different than the start as this is very repetitive and stuff. I'm not done with this part too as Josh says we could make it sound a lil' more Scotland-ish. :P

All that said, I'd like genuine feedback on this remix so far.

Oh and DJ EAR, Kat or anybody? Would you be able to do some EQ stuff to the final mixdown? I find giving individual tracks a lil' troublesome and I am the most fussy and clumsy person in the world so yeah, if anybody could, it'd be great!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh and DJ EAR, Kat or anybody? Would you be able to do some EQ stuff to the final mixdown? I find giving individual tracks a lil' troublesome and I am the most fussy and clumsy person in the world so yeah, if anybody could, it'd be great!

Toss the tune to me at djear.info@gmail.com and I'll be happy to Master it for ya.

(If you can include each instrument / stem individually thats a plus!)

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, some stuff to note. Nimue is mostly complete, just some polishing and EAR will master and then it'll go straight to Vizzy.

And so I've done no progress on Mad Gear yet. Aaah pickles.

I'd like to know if Kat and Stereo are still doing that Mega Collection Menu theme. If they aren't, I'd like to give it a go.

Anyways, I've been playing A LOT of ASRT and I might be doing a Samba/Shinobi/Skies of Arcadia/Golden Axe track. :3

Or maybe not. Seriously, I can't find a song that I want to do. Gosh, hope I can find one soon.

Heh, your mixes sound better than mine. xD

Thanks man!

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS

Time for a new venture remix concept! This is as obscure as I'll likely get, the Waterbike theme from Sonic Rush Adventure!

It's planned to be a collab with Alien.Renegade, look forward to it soon!

Edited by KatamariParadox

I was actually surprised no one submitted or called Sky Sanctuary yet. Guess I could try something with it later, but we'll see. I'm on Dilapidated/Sylvania right now anyway.

And Kat, Alien, I'll be looking forward to that!

(now may school be over so I can finally work on shit)