Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

And with that, me and Joshua have finished up our Nimue...Lady of the Lake remix, which has turned out really nice.

EAR will be mastering it and sending it back to us and we'll send it to Vizzy. We'd like to keep it a suprise to the /most/ of you till the album's out.

We're still thinking of a name for it. What do you people think of Through the Mist She Rests or The Humble Lake or stuff like that? Sorta trying to go with the fact that she is humble, she's the Lady of the Lake and the place is really misty in the game's potrayal so if any of you have name ideas, do tell us. :3

Oh and anyways, I'm taking a Sonic 8bit tune and this is confirmed. Not sure which at the moment but it's looking like it's gonna be Scrap Brain.

I really don't want to continue Mad Gear or anything so I'll think about it next year.

So yeah, that's scrapped.

Also, I read the thread from page 1 again, I freaking hate myself then. Gosh, I've certainly become better in every thing possible from April/May.

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS
  • Thumbs Up 1

We couldn't decide which eyes colour to choose from, so I suggested the red version, just because it was the first one I did.

So here it is.

album2012red.png

The act number was left blank just as Jeff requested. I can't think of anything else I can add. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free. I'll also link the other two versions so you can compare, but the only real difference is the eye colour.

Black Version - http://imageshack.us...m2012black.png/

Green Version - http://imageshack.us...m2012green.png/

• Thumbs Up 2

5d2.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM. THAT. LOOKS. FRACKIN. AWESOME!!!

I kinda like the green eyes version a little better bawwwwwwwww But this is freakin' awesome, man!

• Thumbs Up 7

I know I'm bothering you all by posting too much but here's something I'd like to show:

https://www.box.com/s/vw5u6mvhultwnsjfs07e

In the finishing stages of Nimue, I was already getting in on this. I'll be perfectly honest, I really don't like how it's going at the moment. I think it's unoriginal, over-repetitive and boring.

So if anybody thinks this has potential as an interlude at least, do tell me. I'd like all kinds of feedback too, despite me not knowing if I want to continue this.

Another worry I've is well, we had real nice Scrap Brain tracks last year and well, I don't want to be the one doing the only bad Scrap Brain track in current TSSMA history or what so ever.

And so I thought of Atomic Destoryer but again, Mike nailed it last year and I can't think of any other way to do that track. :/

I guess Bridge Zone might be a nice try.

I guess Scrap Brain was designed to be scrapped anyway. Aaah pickles.

Gonna have to withdraw my submission until next year. But my keyboard playing is improving, so hopefully by sometime next year I will have that Golden Axe medley done for you all. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so don't ask me why but I was dancing to the tune of Atomic Destroyer and then I did the Micheal Jackson pose. EURAKA!

So yeah, I want to do album art, not sure if it'll be back cover or front cover but I'll do the drawing of what I want first.

Seems sorta unrelated right? It'll make sense when I'm done with at least the drawing.

Argh, sorry for the double post:

------

Okay, just a quick check guys.

Do any of you have a re-upload of the Rush samples around? The link StereoPixel and Kat throwed around last time aren't working. O.O

You know what's funny? I asked for the samples in my like 4th post around here when I was a noob lol, and I'm asking again.

Once a noob, forever a noob. tongue.png

Argh, sorry for the double post:

------

Okay, just a quick check guys.

Do any of you have a re-upload of the Rush samples around? The link StereoPixel and Kat throwed around last time aren't working. O.O

You know what's funny? I asked for the samples in my like 4th post around here when I was a noob lol, and I'm asking again.

Once a noob, forever a noob. tongue.png

I posted a re-uploaded copy of the pack a while ago, forever a noob indeed.

Anyway here it is

Edited by KatamariParadox

Hey, I got a question for you guys. What are your feelings towards music sampling? Like the best example I can give you is, Hip-hop sampling or stuff like Jet Set Radio. Do you think its stealing (as some musicians have called it, not all however) or enhancing the song (refreshing the original song in a new way). Me personally, I think its pretty cool and creative to an extent honestly. I never saw a problem with it as I do it myself sometimes. There are many things you can do with samples and even adding your own extensions or say melodies can do the song even more good then it already is. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Urban Flow

Hey, I got a question for you guys. What are your feelings towards music sampling? Like the best example I can give you is, Hip-hop sampling or stuff like Jet Set Radio. Do you think its stealing (as some musicians have called it, not all however) or enhancing the song (refreshing the original song in a new way). Me personally, I think its pretty cool and creative to an extent honestly. I never saw a problem with it as I do it myself sometimes. There are many things you can do with samples and even adding your own extensions or say melodies can do the song even more good then it already is. What are your thoughts?

Sampling is awesome. It doesn't feel like stealing at all, I see it as an artist's re-imagining of an existing idea. When done right, it adds a little bit more life to the track in my opinion.

Kat, what have I said about hostilities?

Hey, I was joking. It might not have hurt to have thrown a smiley in there, but it wasn't ill-intentioned.

Hey, I got a question for you guys. What are your feelings towards music sampling?

It's all cool. I'll also say what I've learnt from copyright law and all those kinda stuff. You may use up to 10% of something else in your product legally, which means that you have to say where you took it from and all that kinda stuff and if the track you are sampling from is 100 seconds, you can use up to 10 seconds from it.

But, something else like this can happen too: There was this dood who sampled 3 notes from a 1-2 minute song, and then he was sued.

He prolly didn't site the thing.

However, this whole thing is jumpy. It seems that if you actually modify the track heavily, it doesn't really count and you don't need to site the original anymore and the copyright law doesn't apply of siting doesn't apply anymore but you can't use a lot. This is how Hideki Nagunama does his job.

I hope that helped you, Flow!

• Thumbs Up 1

Kat, Stereo, I freaking love you two. That was great, sure, some stuff could be changed for the better but it's a great start! :D

Also, I'm already thinking of songs for next year and I'll make sure this goes in. :3

Hey, I got a question for you guys. What are your feelings towards music sampling?

Sampling is a double edged sword.

On one hand, it's become an influential leg in the music industry. Even groups/artists outside of the hip hop genre such as Daft Punk and Skrillex have built their greatest hits upon samples and given them new life. There's always that drive by musicians to find a great sample. The invention of kompakt/kontakt has pretty much made it so that someone with general DAW knowledge can create authentic, top billboard sound. There are even more samples than ROM/OSC in your average synthesizers.

Since it's become so easy to take something old/obscure and rebrand it for profit, the old school folks come out of the woodwork criticizing artists and about how they should do it like everyone used to, learning and playing instruments. I'll be honest, I can see the reason in their opinions. As an example, I recently sat in on a recording session with Fred Thomas, James Brown's former bass player, who many refer to as the most sampled bass player ever. And the atmosphere was pretty surreal. Nothing I've done in FL or even back to the Anvil days compares to watching and listening to what some people can do on live instruments.

Personally, sampling is fun. There's nothing better than taking a sample and making it sound completely different so that it fits into the scheme of a new creation.

Now on a somewhat related note, here's another track for the album I spent the early morning working on. It's a trance remix of the deep core boss from SRA. I was actually looking through that pack a few posts up for the orch hit sample before I realized Sonic rush and Sonic Rush Adventure were two entirely different games so I went without it.

http://www.masterjace.com/wip/deep%20core%20trance%202.mp3

• Thumbs Up 1

Aquarium Park Act 2/3 samples a drum loop. :V

Thank you DJ EAR for mastering this. Joshua, you were one awesome dood to work with!

Hope you like it.

Jeff, I sent you the DL link in PM so yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

So me and StereoPixel have been tossing this project back and forth, and both think it sounds pretty good so far. I'm posting a short preview for feedback, let us know how it is! happy.png

Sonic Mega Collection - Extras

I like it, but I want to hear some change up in the melodies!! Ya know like some of your own ideas incorporated because right now it just sounds like the original song. You guys have some nice sounds and vst's, now you use them along with your ideas in mind.

Sampling is a double edged sword.

On one hand, it's become an influential leg in the music industry. Even groups/artists outside of the hip hop genre such as Daft Punk and Skrillex have built their greatest hits upon samples and given them new life. There's always that drive by musicians to find a great sample. The invention of kompakt/kontakt has pretty much made it so that someone with general DAW knowledge can create authentic, top billboard sound. There are even more samples than ROM/OSC in your average synthesizers.

Since it's become so easy to take something old/obscure and rebrand it for profit, the old school folks come out of the woodwork criticizing artists and about how they should do it like everyone used to, learning and playing instruments. I'll be honest, I can see the reason in their opinions. As an example, I recently sat in on a recording session with Fred Thomas, James Brown's former bass player, who many refer to as the most sampled bass player ever. And the atmosphere was pretty surreal. Nothing I've done in FL or even back to the Anvil days compares to watching and listening to what some people can do on live instruments.

Personally, sampling is fun. There's nothing better than taking a sample and making it sound completely different so that it fits into the scheme of a new creation.

Now on a somewhat related note, here's another track for the album I spent the early morning working on. It's a trance remix of the deep core boss from SRA. I was actually looking through that pack a few posts up for the orch hit sample before I realized Sonic rush and Sonic Rush Adventure were two entirely different games so I went without it.

http://www.masterjace.com/wip/deep%20core%20trance%202.mp3

Great mix! Also, I do think learning to play an instrument is a great experience. I can play some keyboard and that is really it. But I really want to get into learning Sax sometime. I think sampling is great but I don't think it can beat learning how to play an instrument and creating something from it. Its definitely surreal in that aspect. And you sat with a former bass player of JB? Thats crazy man.

Well, Faseeh and I were going to do this as a collab, but he couldn't seem to make it any better as it is. Opinions on this would be helpful: >Twinkle Park 'Orchestrated'<

Bit Muddy - You've got a LOT of mid-range in there. This tune would sound a thousand times better if you gave everything more room to breath, bring your bass out of the mids and into the lows, and your highs out of the mids and into the highs. ^_^

Could end up sounding really nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bit Muddy - You've got a LOT of mid-range in there. This tune would sound a thousand times better if you gave everything more room to breath, bring your bass out of the mids and into the lows, and your highs out of the mids and into the highs. happy.png

Could end up sounding really nice.

Well, I sorta felt the muddy feel but couldn't do anything about it. Thanks anyway EAR and Hyuga, do take those into note.

Hyuga and I might still do something else for a collab!