Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Bit Muddy - You've got a LOT of mid-range in there. This tune would sound a thousand times better if you gave everything more room to breath, bring your bass out of the mids and into the lows, and your highs out of the mids and into the highs. happy.png

Could end up sounding really nice.

Thanks for the feedback. Edirol's polyphony limit is quite annoying to work with. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Gregzy, Rexy gots the wall of cosmics covered!

...oh, wait, Cosmic Wall? Thought I read Cosmic Fall...

Yeah, sure, you got it Greg!

EDIT: And all these submissions yay! <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Talking about samples and loops, you'll have a blast with my Starlight Carnival WIP. https://www.box.com/s/lxcq1ycxloy18u9i5jbv

As for sampling, I usually only use royalty-free loops, but like in Starlight Carnival, if a small portion is used in a good way to enhance the song, I really have no objections with it.

...Just I want to use Sonic CD's reverse cymbal (In JAP title screen) in my originals, but I wanna use them for a game

By the way, is it illegal to sample an unused track that just happened to get leaked unofficially?

I may be wrong but doesn't sampling laws change depending on if your making profit or not?

I may be wrong but I think record companies are a lot more lenient if your just a small time musician making remix's..

I should know this stuff seen as though Music Business is one of things I'm studying -.- I'm gonna talk to my tutors about this and find more out smile.png

In terms of Sonic though, SEGA usually are quite happy about people remixing and sampling Sonic stuff and re-imagining it. When Sonic 4 was coming out they even posted remix's people had done of the Title Screen and Splash hill on there blog and some people had sampled the actual songs in some shape or form smile.png

Edited by StereoPix3l

In terms of Sonic though, SEGA usually are quite happy about people remixing and sampling Sonic stuff and re-imagining it. When Sonic 4 was coming out they even posted remix's people had done of the Title Screen and Splash hill on there blog and some people had sampled the actual songs in some shape or form smile.png

That's true, SEGA's got no beef with fan music... so far.

Gregzy, Rexy gots the wall of cosmics covered!

...oh, wait, Cosmic Wall? Thought I read Cosmic Fall...

Lol, I thought the same thing when I first read it xD

But yeah, glad to see the more stable counterpart of the Cosmics coming in here! Go get 'em Greg! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Talking about samples and loops, you'll have a blast with my Starlight Carnival WIP. https://www.box.com/...ycxloy18u9i5jbv

As for sampling, I usually only use royalty-free loops, but like in Starlight Carnival, if a small portion is used in a good way to enhance the song, I really have no objections with it.

...Just I want to use Sonic CD's reverse cymbal (In JAP title screen) in my originals, but I wanna use them for a game

By the way, is it illegal to sample an unused track that just happened to get leaked unofficially?

What track, dood?

Also, if my calculations be correct (read: if i wasn't lazy and managed to get everything down), then I think we're at 61 songs now.

What track, dood?

Also, if my calculations be correct (read: if i wasn't lazy and managed to get everything down), then I think we're at 61 songs now.

Holy shit.

Error'd!

Actually we're at 64, 62 not counting MISSING SK-MINIBOSS AND THAT LITTLE BLUE HEDGEHOG FROM STEREOPIXEL THAT I'VE YET TO RECEIVE HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I present a remix I did for the collaboration, of Electric Tooth Brush from Jet Set Radio. I showed Vizard the unfinished version, but here's the finished track.

http://soundcloud.co...ric-tooth-brush

Enjoy!

Matto

I really think you ought to go back and redo that.

Besides using the same synth and beat from the source (which IS pretty cool) You've got off-key notes everywhere in that odd bassline that doesn't seem to really fit......and the entire mix itself is really baddly EQ'd, not to mention the fact it doesn't seem to go anywhere...A Style I've heard before, but I don't know if its really making what you've done very different from the original.

I think you should go back and give it another go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I contacted Joshua a while ago to see if he could record guitar for my unfinished Final Rush Act 1 remix, since I wasn't happy with how it was turning out. He told me he really liked it and went ahead to record for it; here's an update of the WIP with the guitar added.

Final Rush [Act 1] WIP

I'm well aware the mastering could use a lot of improvement, so I'm open to suggestions.

I present a remix I did for the collaboration, of Electric Tooth Brush from Jet Set Radio. I showed Vizard the unfinished version, but here's the finished track.

http://soundcloud.co...ric-tooth-brush

Enjoy!

Matto

Gonna have to agree with EAR. Some notes are just not in key, the bass is not really floating the same boat either and needs to be fixed. Especially the transition in the beginning with the bottom note.

I'll be sure to send in like at least 2 more tracks from my side! I'm going for quality over quantity so I prolly can't put in more than that. D:

What track, dood?

Sonic CD 510 Title Screen's reverse cymbal thing at the start of the track. I've already found, downloaded, and made the sample.

And I repeat, I'm considering using it for a game, not a SSMA track.

Sonic CD 510 Title Screen's reverse cymbal thing at the start of the track. I've already found, downloaded, and made the sample.

And I repeat, I'm considering using it for a game, not a SSMA track.

Oh that's fine then. xD; Even if a track's unused, it's still made in-house by SEGA and found in the game's data (kinda), so I'll allow it.

So yeah, would it be legal to sample that unused track if I'm using it for a game or something?

...Oh, and by the way, for anyone who didn't recognize the samples, I used samples from Before the Sequel - For Title Screen and Evening Dreamscape pt2 - For Sunset Star Act 3 for Starlight Carnival.

Edited by Can of Nothing

I and Kat might do a collab but we'll see how it goes. It's prolly gonna be from Unleashed, SRA, SR or the Riders series.

Talking about the Riders series,

I wanted to do this but my MIDI programming skills, without a midi keyboard too, are atrocious. So we'll see. Maybe next year, I can do it with Joshua or something. :P

Joshua: What, like it's an abnormal thing?

Oh yeah, and you're Joshua Taipale, right? I think I know you from SplashNetwork.