Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Oh, I misread then, I thought it was just a random Mega Man mix all together with nothing else XD. Like I said in the status update that guy asked, I think it'd be cool to have the Mega Man song mixed with this Bullet Station thing he was planning~. Sorry for the miscommunication!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, well I kinda need to wait until we get enough people to collab with since we have 3 keyboardists and no drummers or bassists.

But I definitely want to do a piece from Golden Axe.

@Wearied: Alright, my eyes derped and misread. XD Yes, you can mix BS with MMX5!

@Samus: Yes!

@iwantthatguitar: In.

@Collabs: I've set the limit for collabs to 4/user (outside of the 6), though I'd want to see everyone concentrate on their own tracks first. XD;;;

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, guys. I posted this once before, but just to make it clear, HERE are all of the Sonic Rush samples. That includes instruments and voice.

• Thumbs Up 5

So those of us unwilling or unable to make our own tracks get 6 less slots on the album? Doesn't seem fair...

So those of us unwilling or unable to make our own tracks get 6 less slots on the album? Doesn't seem fair...

...wait, what? No, I don't mean it like that, not at all! ^^;;;;;;

Since we have almost a year, sign me up for these tracks as well:

Marble Zone

Ice Cap Zone

Sonic 3 Data Select

When I get done with City Escape and Mad Gear, I'll start working on these. And I have a question, can City Escape use the vocals? I noticed in the last album that all the tracks that originally had vocals didn't use them for the remixes.

Edited by Grimchi3f
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since we have almost a year, sign me up for these tracks as well:

Marble Zone

Ice Cap Zone

Sonic 3 Data Select

When I get done with City Escape and Mad Gear, I'll start working on these. And I have a question, can City Escape use the vocals? I noticed in the last album that all the tracks that originally had vocals didn't use them for the remixes.

That's entirely up to the remixer. Some of last year's tracks had lyrics though.

Alright, guys. I posted this once before, but just to make it clear, HERE are all of the Sonic Rush samples. That includes instruments and voice.

Do you by any chance have something like that for Sonic 3 samples?

Ark Annihilator and Unawakening Float.

I see. I'll have to listen to those again. Just goes to show how much I was paying attention! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

In and in, Cola!

@Grim: It's alright dude. xD

I NOTICED 5 MINUTES AGO

YOU'RE TOO SLOW AHAHAHAHAAAAAH

I'm sorry. Anyway, I'm working on that Blizzard Peaks mix first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you by any chance have something like that for Sonic 3 samples?

I see. I'll have to listen to those again. Just goes to show how much I was paying attention! biggrin.png

I think I can help you out with the Sonic 3 Samples! You need to PM me and tell me the exact samples you are looking for biggrin.png

Oh! If it is still okay, add Windy Valley....for Windy Hill - Sonic Adventure, and Aquatic Mine From SA2

Remember its this Part of Windy Valley:

Alright....that pretty much wraps up my list. I think I may have one more song. But I am not so sure. I will let you know Jeff anyways if I do decide to add one more song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be the first to admit I haven't read the whole topic, but here's some things I'd suggest for 2012's project. Feel free to take all, some or none of it.

• Might want to put a cap on tracks or length, as there is a point where an album gets too big.
  • I'd very much recommend everyone submitting their tracks in a lossless quality (e.g. FLAC) so the whole album can have the same encode quality when turned into MP3/AAC.
  • I'd also like to see a 2012 album release in 2012. Could e.g. target a December release, set a deadline for late October/early November, then you have leeway if necessary.

And for artists?

• For people less sure they can produce enough quality tracks, focus on quality rather than filling your quota of tracks.
    • If you're unable to yourself, take advantage of people willing to do post-production. ...well, I don't mean take advantage, I mean take adv... you know what I mean sad.png
    • Collabs are good (I saw this mentioned earlier but should be said definitely).
    • If you were involved last year, and you aren't already doing so, try something different this time - go in a different direction, remix the sort of song you normally wouldn't, take yourself out of your comfort zone. After all, we don't want TSSMA '12 to just be TSSMA '11 Part 2... :)
  • Thumbs Up 7

Right, BMN!

Also, Cola! That Rhythm Thief song! It sounds like a Sonic Shuffle song, right down to having the "Go!" sample from it! If you ever need that vocal sample, it's from oldskool Batman! =D "To the Batmobile, Let's go!" is the full line. I can give 'ya the file if needed. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

FYI - Not that it's officially opened yet, but I'm more than happy to do Free Mastering should ur tune need that extra *umph* to sound amazing. </plug>

Wolfy can speak nicely of such things ^_^

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll be the first to admit I haven't read the whole topic, but here's some things I'd suggest for 2012's project. Feel free to take all, some or none of it.

• Might want to put a cap on tracks or length, as there is a point where an album gets too big.
  • I'd very much recommend everyone submitting their tracks in a lossless quality (e.g. FLAC) so the whole album can have the same encode quality when turned into MP3/AAC.
  • I'd also like to see a 2012 album release in 2012. Could e.g. target a December release, set a deadline for late October/early November, then you have leeway if necessary.

And for artists?

• For people less sure they can produce enough quality tracks, focus on quality rather than filling your quota of tracks.
    • If you're unable to yourself, take advantage of people willing to do post-production. ...well, I don't mean take advantage, I mean take adv... you know what I mean sad.png
    • Collabs are good (I saw this mentioned earlier but should be said definitely).
    • If you were involved last year, and you aren't already doing so, try something different this time - go in a different direction, remix the sort of song you normally wouldn't, take yourself out of your comfort zone. After all, we don't want TSSMA '12 to just be TSSMA '11 Part 2... smile.png

Alright. xD It's a good idea you brought these points up then, and this early. I agree with ya on the whole thing.

As for the first point though, should we actually get way too big, who's up for the idea of splitting the album into two parts?

• Thumbs Up 2

FYI - Not that it's officially opened yet, but I'm more than happy to do Free Mastering should ur tune need that extra *umph* to sound amazing. </plug>

Wolfy can speak nicely of such things happy.png

Yes, Speaking in terms of help, if anybody needs some, I am always up to helping out! I already helped somebody getting a certain sound they needed, so if ya need some, I will try to help the best I can! laugh.png

Alright. xD It's a good idea you brought these points up then, and this early. I agree with ya on the whole thing.

As for the first point though, should we actually get way too big, who's up for the idea of splitting the album into two parts?

The way the first album was handled in that department was neat in my opinion. I think we should stick with that format, or however you guys see fit really. As long as a solution is brought upon (^_^)
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't care how 'big' the album gets - As long as the tunes are in 320kbps MP3 or Uncompressed WAV/AIFF/FLAC and the ID3 data is filled out so that I don't have to do it all myself just to put it on my iPod and have it read the files correctly.

• Thumbs Up 3

I started Chaos Angel yesterday. It is heavy. I also have a pretty big plan for a song that my newly-formed band might cover. It shall be... wordly.

Anyhow, dunno what else I could "metallicize" as the ol' Egghead would say it. Any ideas?

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 4