Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

I have a lot to learn from you guys.

Anyways, something I spent a lot of time on, as far as I know, got like 90% positive feedback.

https://www.box.com/...fhzicj8elyw756c

Jeff says I need to use stronger percussion for the second part, which I am trying to but can't manage so yeah...

Whatever presets you're using for Nexus, they sound rather... forceful, especially the one replacing the lead orchestra part. You may want to consider giving it a different direction or at least tweak your sounds.

And yes, the drums need improving.

Whatever presets you're using for Nexus, they sound rather... forceful, especially the one replacing the lead orchestra part. You may want to consider giving it a different direction or at least tweak your sounds.

And yes, the drums need improving.

Thank you. :D Having some problems with Mixcraft right now, and I'm bummed out after the 2 + 7 hours I spent on this remix.

I need a break so I'll see what I can do after that.

Oh, that's right! Jace, do you have titles for your Deep Core and Sky Chase submissions?

Nope but I have to send you the final versions anyway. I'll pass all that along later today.

Has Secret Base Act 1 been taken? I'm working on a remix of it, and I need to find a good trumpet soundfont. The one in Garageband just doesn't sound appealing to the ears.

Edited by Haden of the Holidays

Has Secret Base Act 2 been taken? I'm working on a remix of it, and I need to find a good trumpet soundfont. The one in Garageband just doesn't sound appealing to the ears.

Don't think so! All yours!

*Jots that down*

Not an excellent one though.

Talking about trumpets, does any one know any good VSTs for live instruments? It'll come in real handy.

Not an excellent one though.

Talking about trumpets, does any one know any good VSTs for live instruments? It'll come in real handy.

If you've got lots of space and lots of money, you can't do much better than Kontakt.

Luckily before kontakt existed, people used GM soundfonts.

Not the best thing in the world but come in handy when you need a particular sound. There are also the individual ones but I'm not so sure anymore where you get soundfonts. You can get an authentic sound by adjusting ASDR and velocity.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot. Edirol has some good live instrument VSTis. Orchestral, Super Quartet and Hyper Canvas.

Edited by Jace
  • Thumbs Up 2

Too similar to Green Hill as it's essentially a Green Hill mix, so I'd say it's been covered. ^^;

Sweet! I was wondering when we would be doing another one of these, looks like it's time to break out my midi controller again. I have a few unfinished songs I may just throw in, as well as the unfinished songs that didn't make it in last year. The remixes I'm trying to get in so far are...

1.)Sunset hill zone.(possibly all acts)

2.)sonic 3 final boss

3.)For true story

4.)Billy Hatcher main theme

5.)A theme of tragic revenge(Nights Jod)

6.) dreams dreams instrumental

Possible remixes:

7.) It doesn't matter(sa1 & Sa2 version)

8.)Monkey island(super monkey ball)

9.)an original song.

This is pretty much it for now. Man am I hype as ever for this!

So Viz, should I just drop my WIP of sunset hill zone and focus on the other remixes then?

Here's a WIP of my Secret Base Act 1 Remix. What do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.c...act-1-remix-wip

The trumpets need work, I know.

Yeah, I'd say hold the notes for the trumpets longer. What I mean is, instead of having them go, "dun dun dun dun", have them go, "dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun".

I don't know if that helped any, but there you go.

Afraid to say that I'm going to have to sit the album out this time around. I'm involved with way too many things at the moment that has to take priorities over this. If I ever manage to find the time and place I might do a track, but as it stands I've just got too much going and between having to worry about this and other things, I'd rather be able to appreciate this particular album as a fan than a creator.

I might get involved in some behind-the-scenes stuff in getting the album out like last time but Viz seems to have things nice and covered so I won't really be involved as much. Last time was a lot of work and I'm pretty much going to need that load off my feet.

On the flipside I'm definitely planning on contributing with another album cover again, so I hope to get around doing that soon.

Either way, I hope you guys manage to bring together some killer tunes. I'm looking forward to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I'd say hold the notes for the trumpets longer. What I mean is, instead of having them go, "dun dun dun dun", have them go, "dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun".

I don't know if that helped any, but there you go.

The Trumpets in Garageband for some reason cut off after a while, although, I'll see what I can do.

Yet another slow song.(I sung this one with a buddy= flamez137) I really need to get back with the fast stuff.. O_O

• Thumbs Up 3

So Viz, should I just drop my WIP of sunset hill zone and focus on the other remixes then?

Actually, I reconsidered my decision on that end. Seeing that the Green Hill mix I received doesn't cover any Sunset Hill bits, I'll allow it. Seeing as you called it first, it's all yours!

Afraid to say that I'm going to have to sit the album out this time around. I'm involved with way too many things at the moment that has to take priorities over this. If I ever manage to find the time and place I might do a track, but as it stands I've just got too much going and between having to worry about this and other things, I'd rather be able to appreciate this particular album as a fan than a creator.

I might get involved in some behind-the-scenes stuff in getting the album out like last time but Viz seems to have things nice and covered so I won't really be involved as much. Last time was a lot of work and I'm pretty much going to need that load off my feet.

On the flipside I'm definitely planning on contributing with another album cover again, so I hope to get around doing that soon.

Either way, I hope you guys manage to bring together some killer tunes. I'm looking forward to it.

Ah well, since you have other priorities to worry about, then that's alright, dude! If you do manage to get a track in before February 1st, then cool! If not, well, that's cool too. In case you need a reminder if you're able to go ahead with a track (if and only if you have time, I wouldn't want to force you seeing that you have other concerns), MasterJace already submitted Deep Core, leaving your other possible track being Stardust Speedway US. If you do have ideas though for a track and can manage to pump one out before doors close, be sure to contact me to make sure it's free! xD

If it helps, I'm already covering just about everything for the album (writing up on it for the front page, seeing that I wasn't a staff member back then, and uploading it onto the FTP server), so I'll be lifting up that burden for ya too. DJ EAR will generously be doing the remastering too to help make the album balanced in sound as well.

Either way, these doors will always be open to ya, regardless of when you send a track for whichever album. (who knows, I might accept a few late submissions if I get any)

Calling dibs on Music Plant, I have a good feeling about this one! biggrin.png

Also see ya Carbo, hope you join next year.

unsure.png

...errrrrrrrrr.....

• Thumbs Up 4

I still have no idea what song I can do for the album. ._.

I wanted to do Starlight Zone, I actually finished it today. But Rexy claimed it and my remix got left out. D:

If anyone wants to listen to it. I'm open for any song suggestion (easy songs, mind you. I'm still a beginner).