Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

I'm really looking forward to hearing that Chaos Angel cover! Chaos Angel + metal sounds like an amazing combination.

As for suggestions for what else you could cover, maybe another song from the Sonic Advance series? Egg Rocket would be awesome. Or you could be like me with last year's album and go for an obscure Game Gear tune. :P

I started Chaos Angel yesterday. It is heavy. I also have a pretty big plan for a song that my newly-formed band might cover. It shall be... wordly.

Anyhow, dunno what else I could "metallicize" as the ol' Egghead would say it. Any ideas?

Search for the most obscure tunes. >D

Also I forgot to mention, but it'd also be kool for cover artists to provide their work at a high res in PNG, and also if possible in their art app's native format (unless you don't want your stuff to potentially be edited). Some of the stuff that went into the minisite wouldn't have worked out if Flow hadn't sent me that PSD smile.png

You mean me hahaha. That was my PSD tongue.png

Edited by SUPERCHARGEDBATTERYPUNK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would it be cool if I did another song too? I worked on a "Big Arms" remix earlier this year and never finished it. Re-found it today and did some tweaking to it. Also I dunno if it is too Midi-y for the project either. It's nothing compared to the epic Cash Cash remix from SG 3DS but it's something I liked working on. If I upload what I've done so far to SoundCloud for you guys to listen and see...

http://soundcloud.com/matthebassist/unfinished-big-arms-rmx

...there we go. It's unfinished because I haven't finished working on it yet.

Hope this post made sense...

I guess it's alright, though I wouldn't mind a little bit more of a personal touch on your part. Though it has a few differences, it sounds a bit too close as a cover.

On that note..

ATTENTION, SONGNICS

I'd like you all to take a quick breather.

While your enthusiasm is totally cool and seeing you guys shoot up song after song is cool, I'd like for you all to stop for a minute and take a look at the OP.

As you might have noticed now, I've changed Rule #3. Well, not so much as change as more of an update. Why is this?

Again, OP. Some of the songs you've all shot are more or less beginning to creep on each other's turf. We'd want to keep the album varied. We got off lucky with 3 Scrap Brain [8-bit] mixes last time, and I'm seeing that some of you guys are starting to shoot for the same songs! D: We can't have that!

That is why, for now, I'm shutting off song ideas for now until you guys shuffle things around a bit. I trust that you're all mature enough to keep things civil. xD

I guess it's alright, though I wouldn't mind a little bit more of a personal touch on your part. Though it has a few differences, it sounds a bit too close as a cover.

On that note..

ATTENTION, SONGNICS

I'd like you all to take a quick breather.

While your enthusiasm is totally cool and seeing you guys shoot up song after song is cool, I'd like for you all to stop for a minute and take a look at the OP.

As you might have noticed now, I've changed Rule #3. Well, not so much as change as more of an update. Why is this?

Again, OP. Some of the songs you've all shot are more or less beginning to creep on each other's turf. We'd want to keep the album varied. We got off lucky with 3 Scrap Brain [8-bit] mixes last time, and I'm seeing that some of you guys are starting to shoot for the same songs! D: We can't have that!

That is why, for now, I'm shutting off song ideas for now until you guys shuffle things around a bit. I trust that you're all mature enough to keep things civil. xD

So basically half of the rules are gone and we have until November.

Alright then.

So basically half of the rules are gone and we have until November.

Alright then.

I don't recall hitting this button.. xD;; Might be bmn down there..?

In any case, edited.

Well what I think is a lot of people are claiming tracks they won't even do or are taking on too many. That's why I've limited myself to just a few for the time being (two of my own, two collabs). I don't want to tread on anyone else and would rather name off something I know I'm already working towards rather than to name off a wishful list and deny others the opportunity to do that song.

Sandopolis was the only track there that I didn't think I'd end up doing in any capacity (but its a good collab idea anyway), but I've had plans since the first album wrapped to do the Eggman Sonic 4 theme (which is so atrocious nobody else would pick it anyway but me because I AM CRAZY) and Planet Wisp I'd mentioned wanting to do near the end of the last album anyway.

• Thumbs Up 7

I know I posted like a list of like 10 songs, but really, if anyone of you are wanting to do those, go for it, XD! I'm really open to anything, those were just some I was thinking of. If one of you manage to do one of the ones I listed first, then good on ya, and honestly no beef over on my end, XD.

I do want to ask though, may we include songs in our songs that are already full? As in lets say we have 2-3 Rooftop Runs already, but in my, idk, Rank E cover (just an example LOL) I wanted to toss in a hint of Rooftop Run, would this be ok?

• Thumbs Up 1

...Punk nailed it! Exactly that.

I know I posted like a list of like 10 songs, but really, if anyone of you are wanting to do those, go for it, XD! I'm really open to anything, those were just some I was thinking of. If one of you manage to do one of the ones I listed first, then good on ya, and honestly no beef over on my end, XD.

I do want to ask though, may we include songs in our songs that are already full? As in lets say we have 2-3 Rooftop Runs already, but in my, idk, Rank E cover (just an example LOL) I wanted to toss in a hint of Rooftop Run, would this be ok?

Nothing against those. XD The main hook/song you want to remix is what the limit is on: songs included are not! You can go ahead and mix anything you want in a specific ____ remix.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, for just everything to honestly work out fairly, should we really just say who ever posts their actual song down here first gets it? I don't think there would be too many cases that this would be a problem honestly. The reason I suggest this is if we actually plan songs we want to do, I have a feeling some of us might not even get around to said songs, or want to maybe even change our minds months down the road. That said, you'd be holding on to a song that others potentially want to do for months on end for no reason.

Maybe this with a mix of just a heads up here. Like I walk in and go "hey, I think I'm gonna work on an Ice Cap remix right now" just as a heads up, and maybe others can bump in and say "oh, I'm almost done with mine or something."

I don't know, it really seems like there could be problems anyway we tackle this. That said, I hope just everyone stays calm if suddenly your song was claimed before you could get to it or something. It's just a song, XD.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, doesn't the rules say that only up to 2 or 3 of the same song will be accepted? Which means it's fine if you remix the same song as someone else, just as long as multiple people don't do it as well. XD

I still need to decide what else I'm going to be doing. I have like a million* ideas in my head. Doomsday Zone, Sky Babylon, Triple Trouble boss theme, Twinkle Snow, Evening Star (Chaotix), I just can't choose... D:

* = slight exaggeration

• Thumbs Up 2

So, for just everything to honestly work out fairly, should we really just say who ever posts their actual song down here first gets it? I don't think there would be too many cases that this would be a problem honestly. The reason I suggest this is if we actually plan songs we want to do, I have a feeling some of us might not even get around to said songs, or want to maybe even change our minds months down the road. That said, you'd be holding on to a song that others potentially want to do for months on end for no reason.

Maybe this with a mix of just a heads up here. Like I walk in and go "hey, I think I'm gonna work on an Ice Cap remix right now" just as a heads up, and maybe others can bump in and say "oh, I'm almost done with mine or something."

I don't know, it really seems like there could be problems anyway we tackle this. That said, I hope just everyone stays calm if suddenly your song was claimed before you could get to it or something. It's just a song, XD.

Yeah I agree! I mean to be perfectly honest, just because I choose Aquatic Mine (I actually did choose it) and someone else wants to do it, Go for it biggrin.png !. I just think all we need to focus on is being different, hearing the same song in a different way, or better said, arrangement definitely won't hurt. I listed Ocean Base Zone as a song, DJ EAR also picked it. I guarantee our mixes will sound completely different (if he does end up doing it of course) otherwise I would be the only one with that song. See what I am saying? I say to people, don't be afraid, pick whatever you want, no matter if one person picked it already. Like Mr. Wolfy said here, its just a song XD
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm just gonna go on record and say so far that I'm planning on doing a... unique take on It Doesn't Matter, Bridge Zone, and I'm working on Chaos Angel (though for this track, I'm really open to collabing with a keyboard artist). And of course.... I'm doing the Chao Garden race song, though don't expect me to turn it into the next Ghost Love Score, or something tongue.png

But yeah, that's my planned workload, I really help this doesn't impede on anyone else's plans..

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

That Ocean Base mix WIP kicks ass! It fits the techno tone of the original perfectly and is catchy as hell. Can't wait to hear the completed mix when it's done!

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds pretty good, I can't wait to hear the finished version.

• Thumbs Up 2