Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Looks like it's about crunch time. IIRC I still have to finish/submit my last two mixes and unfortunately I will have to scrap my aquatic mine mix because I wouldn't have time to rebuild the corrupt FLP before the deadline. 

Since it's easier to just finish another WIP as a replacement with all my overbubbling creativity, I assume this song isn't taken, it's the staff roll from Sonic Advance 3 done in a double 80s mix. I'm gonna work on it more later.

http://www.masterjace.com/wip/WavemasterThrowback.mp3

• Thumbs Up 6

Dang, looks like I won't be able to give ya guys any remixes this year.

Watch out for the 2013 one, I'm gonna be finishing some of my ideas I have at the moment, as well as...

yeahimjustgonnachuckmoreofmyoriginalsasadumpingslashadvertisinggroundsomebodypleasekillmehalp

What's the status on all the album's graphics work? Is there anything left that needs to be done?

4-Music Origins: While it is a Sonic forum making a music album, it would only be natural to have Sonic music... though other SEGA-based music will be accepted!

That's right, not just Sonic, but we'll be accepting anything from NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio, Billy Hatcher, Space Channel, Super Monkey Ball, Bayonetta, Yakuza, ChuChu Rocket, Shenmue, Binary Domain, Spiral Knights, House of the Dead, Samba de Amigo, even Bass Fishing if you wanna go there... anything and everything SEGA. Though let's keep it primarily Sonic as it is the main focus.

Taken from the first post :P
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's the status on all the album's graphics work? Is there anything left that needs to be done?

Well, I've received 3 finished submissions as of now. Basically, all that's needed from those whose covers are accepted is "Act #" on the cover, the # being the disc number for it. Depending on how many I receive in the end (seeing that we might have enough to split it apart), we might have just enough covers!

Also, DanJ86 pitched the idea of the back cover for each disc, which would be issued to those who sent over covers and got theirs in. Though it's entirely optional at this point, it helps add a bit of authenticity!

For example's sake, here's Dan's. 

album2012reversecoverco.png

Revision-One did one cover last year and managed to fit all 45 tracks on there, but I don't think just one back cover will do it with the sheer number we got now... xD;; Only if the folks are up to it!

Wait, not just Sonic?

You mean...

I CAN REMIX RISTAR?!?!

AISODHAIGAISODHAIDASDISFS

AAAAAAAND WELCOME BACK.

Alright! Wouldn't want to be short a cover!

As for the back, That's a good idea! I'd love some variety in the back covers!

Hm, tricky to fit over 90 songs on something as small as an album back. Maybe only the songs on that particular disk could be on the back instead of the entire album on each disk's back cover?

Example:
TSS Music Adventure 2012 ~ Act #
Over 90 Sonic the Hedgehog & SEGA Remixes!

[List that disk's tracks in order in two columns.]

I'll get started building a matching back cover based on the above outline. It would also be very helpful to know at least how many tracks I'd have to put on the back so I don't end up short on track list space.

Also, to promote the album upon release, are there any web banner type things that need to be made that link to the album's download link?

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright! Wouldn't want to be short a cover!

As for the back, That's a good idea! I'd love some variety in the back covers!

Hm, tricky to fit over 90 songs on something as small as an album back. Maybe only the songs on that particular disk could be on the back instead of the entire album on each disk's back cover?

Example:

TSS Music Adventure 2012 ~ Act #

Over 90 Sonic the Hedgehog & SEGA Remixes!

[List that disk's tracks in order in two columns.]

I'll get started building a matching back cover based on the above outline. It would also be very helpful to know at least how many tracks I'd have to put on the back so I don't end up short on track list space.

Also, to promote the album upon release, are there any web banner type things that need to be made that link to the album's download link?

That's the idea! Once the end date's come, artists on board will know what they've got.

And not that I know of... but that is a good idea..

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey um, due to being really busy with other projects and real-life stuff, I won't be submitting an album cover for this year :( Guess my WIP will never be completed...besides, there other artists submitting much better album covers than myself :P I guess I'll do one for next year's then.

(personally I feel that my album cover pales in comparison to everyone else's)

(personally I feel that my album cover pales in comparison to everyone else's)

THAT'S A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT ;A; NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT

• Thumbs Up 5

I thought that I might as well show these:

https://www.box.com/s/vgn4qerp8n45cm2gtgqx I don't plan to send this into any TSSMA, prolly Final Fortess but yeah, just showing what I'm up to.

https://www.box.com/s/xrvnpnqq1bj18nhzs0ay This. I plan to send it in next year for TSSMA'13. As I can't seem to figure out the next few chords/notes and the MIDI for this is weird to say the least, this ain't going anywhere without being a collab. So if anybody is interested to work with me on this, hit me a PM as always... if nobody is gonna do that, some of you can expect PMs from me :P

You know you could just tab that out for me :P Oh haha, thanks anyway. That'll come into great use if I do finish that.

Also, on that note, Joshua and I have got some solid ideas for next year :P

Hey, I wanna do the text for one of the back covers. I wanna use the Generations font! Please? Someone?

Anyways, I actually wanted to do a trailer but Final Cut sucks at layering so bleh.

As cool as the Generations font is, I don't think it's suited to be the default font for 90 odd song listings on a small CD back.

:V

Alright then. I could do other stuff too ya know lol.

Anyway Jeff I can help you out with that trailer editing in iMovie/FCP X. Just tell me what ya want and gimme what you have and blabla.

Alrighty, can someone check this WIP for me?

Yeah, this one right here.

The artist in question wanted to know what you guys thought as a possible contribution. He's considering upping the BPM to make it sound more like a tune from the Sonic Riders series.

Alrighty, can someone check this WIP for me?

Yeah, this one right here.

The artist in question wanted to know what you guys thought as a possible contribution. He's considering upping the BPM to make it sound more like a tune from the Sonic Riders series.

If he wants to go for a Sonic Riders sound, then upping the tempo is probably a good idea.

Also, who is this guy and where can I contact him? I wanna know where he gets his drums from.

I was told that it was constructed from samples, so it's got a bit of Rush to it too, now that I'm thinking about it... though the tone is mostly Riders.

Dizzy, do you have Skype, by any chance?

I was told that it was constructed from samples, so it's got a bit of Rush to it too, now that I'm thinking about it... though the tone is mostly Riders.

Dizzy, do you have Skype, by any chance?

I do, actually. Haven't been on for a while though, and i have no external microphone.

Well the tempo manages to appropriately fit the house genre, but an extra 5 BPM won't hurt (any faster and it may end up being more like hard house). Drum quality is definitely great, not quite too crazy about the thin-ness of the synths though but if they're actually sampled, then I can live with the texture. Definitely worth listening to similar house tracks for some ideas on where to go with that.

Sounds pretty solid to me otherwise :)

• Thumbs Up 1