Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

hnnnngh... Forcing myself NOT to listen to any of this awesomeness until the release of the album this week.

TIS' PROOOOOVIN' HARD YO~

Ehhhhh. The album isn't being RELEASED this week - the submission DEADLINE is Feb.1st. for tunes & artwork.

I still have to Master all the submissions after that, we've got a YouTube promo in the works as well... and I imagine we will have a dedicated website up and running to host it all as well.

Release time is TBA sometime in Feb.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a remix for Reach for the Stars that I'd like to put in.. That's cool, right? I missed out on putting it in the first album. D:
Aww.. Unfortunately, I dont..

HELL.

FUCKING.

YES.

IT'S DONE!

For this one I went for a fusion of hardcore punk, arcade-style, and a lo-fi garage rock sound, which explains the tone and grittiness.

Well done, my friend. Very well done, indeed.

Also, I like the segment of Egg Emperor you snuck in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww.. Unfortunately, I dont..

Send it over and I might hold onto it for the next album?

Or, in the meantime, hone your musical skills and make more tunes to prepare for the next round! Train yourself to become an even better musician, then come back in full force for the third music album!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've officially made bad use of my time preparing for this album...Suppose that's what happens when real life stuff starts to become important.

Newayz, I'm officially dropping a few tracks I was hoping to do for the album from 6 to 4, and instead - focusing on getting out some SOLID tunes...instead of a bunch of half-ass'd submissions.

I'm not TOO upset, as I'll eventually get around to the dropped songs for an upcoming album of my own (GYZGF) but for now, I'ma focus on the ones I'll most enjoy wrapping up now...and will not drive me into the ground when it comes time to Master this 100+ whatever-sumodd album before it's release.

SO - Here are the tunes I promise to have done.

SONIC ADVENTURE 2 - City Escape
SONIC ADVANCE 3 - Ocean Base
SONIC RUSH - Bomber Barbara
SONIC RIDERS: ZERO GRAVITY - Blast Town
  • Thumbs Up 3

What, no love for Cyber Track? ;A;

Alas, it all comes down to time, my dear Soniko!

As EAR stated, they'll still be made, just not in time for the album - he's got another one of his own coming in the making! Better to have 'em nice and finished rather than rushed, right?

I'd highly recommend checking out his Super Sonic Knockout Beatz/SSK BEATZ and Green Eyes Zone Bad Future albums in the meantime. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Woo! I'm really lookin' forward to SAdv3's Ocean Base!

Edited by Spazdaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

EAR!

Haha If you're not careful, your tracks will end up in the Club Sonic section of Summer of Sonic ;D

In other news, I'll be able to scrape in an entry to this years album :) WIP in progress (DONT CHECK MY SOUNDCLOUD OR YOU'LL SPOIIIIL IT). Really looking forward to all the awesome tunes people have lined up. :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Alright, so I'm in a situation.

Yesterday I had to head back to my parents house due to some car troubles I've been having. Since I'm broke and my dad wanted to pay for it, he of course wanted me to go to his handy-dandy trusted mechanic over here (I live 2 hours out from my parents btw).

Anyways, the important part. Seems like they can't work on it until tomorrow since that's when parts come in (I hope), meaning I can't leave back to my house with all my music swag until tomorrow afternoon, leaving me around a little over 24 hours to get my second song done from scratch basically. The idea is all in my head now that I've gone through it a few times, but yeah.

So what I'm saying is there's a chance I won't make it home in time to finish my last song for the album, or there might be this glorious action movie-esque moment where I finish it with a second left on the timer.

• Thumbs Up 5

So Viz, you wanting the little blurb about the artists too?

Yeah! Gotta feature everyone on board, you know? :D

@Wolfy: YOU GOT THIS!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you want us to post the icon? Do we put it in the post or do we link to it?

Also, how big is 80x80?

@ Modern VizardJeffhog Gotcha. All ready to go here!

@ thapoint09 (temp) 80x80 is 80 pixels by 80 pixels. I don't know what graphics program you are using, but here's how it works in most:
When you start up a new document, you can specify the canvas size in a multitude of different measurements. Just make sure you are set to 80 for both the Length and Width and that you are set to pixels. Then, just copy and paste whatever image you want into the scene!

@
:: DJ EAR :: Awesome stuffs there man! Can't wait to see how epic it gets when it's done!! \^o^/

• Thumbs Up 1

I somehow managed to finish another mix just in time for the album deadline! XD

I technically started this in 2012, so I don't feel bad submitting this to the 2012 album. :P Anyway, here's my mix. It's a quite different take on Jungle Joyride - Day from Sonic Unleashed. It's like, one of the catchiest tunes in gaming history, so I just had to go for that for my next mix.

I hope you guys like it! :P

Edited by mikeblastdude
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sand In My Power Sneakers ...for Yellow Desert

I'm mostly finished with this, but some final feedback would be nice (or maybe it sounds like utter crap and isn't fit for human consumption, idk).

https://www.box.com/shared/lm6i82ri2fqyfyrcagnl (Long Version)

https://www.box.com/shared/09sshgtfn6b02523r8ol (Short Version)

Pick one, cause I can't :x I kinda feel like the longer one overstays its welcome a bit.

I'm not submitting Speed Slider because I cannot get it to sound right and bleh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, Viz, just a correction that I noticed - I only did the front cover last year. Someone else did the back cover with all the text! I only drew the front part.

You keep listing me as doing that back tracklisting haha :V

• Thumbs Up 1