Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

HA HA, I DID IT

Ladies and Hedgehogmen, I present to you with up most fashionably late mannerisms: "Launching the Empire," >D!

Launching the Empire - Wolfblur

So a run down of it. It's High and Broken (Levitated Ruins or whatever from Secret Rings) as the basis of the song, with Sky Fortress Act 2, No Way Through (Pirate Storm), Flying Battery, and Mystic Cave sprinkled on top (maybe one more, I feel like I'm forgetting). I was getting uber pissy with this song earlier this evening, but a few of you kept telling me to go, so I did and got past the frustration. So I wanted to tell ya guys thanks for that =3.

I /miiight/ have another short interlude up my sleeve, but we'll see if I don't crash out here before that haha.

• Thumbs Up 7

Did the deadline pass? D: I still needed to do some tweaks to my interlude. I think. .3.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. Really sweetass song Wolfy. And, AR, that song sounds marvellous. Really catchy. :3

Edited by Blue Wisp

I was just going to ask, are we allowed to do another front/back cover if we already submitted one or is that a no no?

Wolfy, how do you get such clear guitar tone? Garageband doesn't like me. xD Man, this is awesome! High & Broken is my favorite song from Secret Rings. biggrin.png I like how all these other tunes are mixed in so smoothly.

Well I use a Toneport UX2 hardware thing with Gearbox for the guitar tone software. Then after that it's just straight recording into GB with some EQ after is all XD.

Thanks everyone! And I'm sorry Jeff, don't stomp on me with your knife shoes, DDDD:

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, that sucks that you can't use midi's. I would've uploaded a remix of Marble Garden

Man, that sucks that you can't use midi's. I would've uploaded a remix of Marble Garden

You can use them as a base, but the song has to be arranged anyhow. So it can't be a typical youtube "remix". Basically a part or part(s) of the remix have to be your own creation ya know. The point of that is to give the remix your own nice little touch.

• Thumbs Up 2

So yeah I decided to go with the longer version after all.

https://soundcloud.com/cosmictruffle/sand-in-my-power-sneakers-for

"Sand In My Power Sneakers ...for Yellow Desert"

It started out as a Generations remix, but then turned into... I dunno.

(not technically late cause it was already here, just making sure the right version gets picked cause I decided I liked the longer one XD)

Edited by cosmictruffle
  • Thumbs Up 3

While I'd like some mixing fixes to let the lead come out better and the bass and loud noises to be a bit more backgroundy, I certainly like the idea and everything else!

Edited by Faseeh

YES, YES IT IS

pictur60.png

That mix sounds really nice. Catchy, and it's a nice deviation from the original style.

But seriously Pulse, sounds awesome, I really like around the 2 minute mark a lot

• Thumbs Up 5

Lol, Wolfy & Nemo. Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated!

@faseeh - I know what you mean, i seriously tried to get a decent balance, but i just couldn't find that sweet spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think just getting those scratchs a bit of a decrease in volume and the same for the bass and just some playing around should be good actually! I really like it otherwise!

Ohoho, FiG probably had the last entry; they were both on that Anarchy Reigns interlude, AND had a song entered an hour before the deadline.

• Thumbs Up 2

So yeah I decided to go with the longer version after all.

https://soundcloud.com/cosmictruffle/sand-in-my-power-sneakers-for

"Sand In My Power Sneakers ...for Yellow Desert"

It started out as a Generations remix, but then turned into... I dunno.

(not technically late cause it was already here, just making sure the right version gets picked cause I decided I liked the longer one XD)

Wow... I never thought that anyone other than myself would ever want to remix Yellow Desert... or anything from Sonic Blast for that matter. XD Sounds pretty cool though; an interesting take on the tune. Good job.

I hate to sound naggy (is that even a word yet?), but i would like to hear some feedback on my submission... Just for... You know, personal reference. It doesn't have to be positive commentary either.

My 2nd Submission:

https://soundcloud.com/pulsetitan/servers-are-the-7-tikals-1

Sounds awesome to me. It sounds like something that would be in one of the older DDR games, which I used to play all the time with my friends, and plus I completely love the SA soundtrack, so this mix gives me that good nostalgic feeling in two different ways. XD Nice work.

I just finished doing the mixing for this. I like Wild Canyon's music alot so yeah. (and plus I love old-school hip-hop, I do have extensive knowledge on it after all xD) So enjoy.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 6

I just finished doing the mixing for this. I like Wild Canyon's music alot so yeah. (and plus I love old-school hip-hop, I do have extensive knowledge on it after all xD) So enjoy.

Public Enemy AND Pete Rock?

You...you are awesome. Too much awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Public Enemy AND Pete Rock?

You...you are awesome. Too much awesome.

I heard Public Enemy in there (though I thought of the original track by the J.B.'s) but Pete Rock? Where?

• Thumbs Up 1