Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

How do you make such awesome stuff!? Honestly! I don't think I'll ever be as good as that. sad.png

A: I've been doing this for 9+ years.

B: It's been 9 long years of practice practice practice practice and more practice. happy.png

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 8

A: I've been doing this for 9+ years.

B: It's been 9 long years of practice practice practice practice and more practice. happy.png

N-N-Nine...years!! *faints*

I may be in over my head here...I located a possible freeware that I could use to make music on a PC, but would that be enough? Should I dare splashout on a retail product that could do the job better, fully knowing I have no natural talent in music, and later down the line would probably suffer from a mental breakdown over nothing but failures?

I'm not even sure what song I would like to play around with...I do like the idea of messing around with some of my personal favourite tracks from the series.

I-I'm not ready to surrender just yet...wish me luck...I'm gonna need it...

• Thumbs Up 4

Trust me. There are TONS of songs laying around on my PC that are so terrible and experimental, they will NEVER see the light of day.

It's always a learning process.

• Thumbs Up 2

I may be in over my head here...I located a possible freeware that I could use to make music on a PC, but would that be enough? Should I dare splashout on a retail product that could do the job better, fully knowing I have no natural talent in music, and later down the line would probably suffer from a mental breakdown over nothing but failures?

I-I'm not ready to surrender just yet...wish me luck...I'm gonna need it...

I feel your pain bro.

Also, Which program did you find? Right now I'm using MIxcraft. It's not bad but I'm not sure if it's the best one out there.

I feel your pain bro.

Also, Which program did you find? Right now I'm using MIxcraft. It's not bad but I'm not sure if it's the best one out there.

I use FLStudio10, VirtualDJ 7, WavePad, Audacity & NoteWorthy Composer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I visited the house my keyboard was at yesterday. I managed to transcribe sections of Endless Mine, Palmtree Panic (Present), Stardust Speedway (Past), and Stardust Speedway (Bad Future). Maybe this won't be too hard after all...

I keep trying to post a demo of my Stardust Speedway thing, but SSMB keeps crashing my everything and causing me to rage furiously, so yeah.

Nope! I'll keep trying. I recently rendered a demo for all of 'ya, but...yeah D=

You can do it Aptiva! Kick reason aside and do the impossible!

EDIT: WOAH HEY! First song submission! 8D And an original at that, how swell!

EXSHAD - ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Submits first song to album!

Sonic Time Twisted [Fan Game]: Drifting Dynamo Past

• Thumbs Up 7

IDK if anyone knows really, but does anyone know good ways to EQ a rhythm guitar? It seems like I can find "it's place" for bass, drums, and a lead guitar easy enough, but it seems like every time I have a rhythm guitar (which seems like always), it just muds up everything. I'm kinda asking just in general, and of course, for this project. I wasn't very happy with how cluttered my "Building the Empire" song was, D;.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gregzilla, thank you ever so much for song #2 with Wrapped in Black! >D Kickass sounds, good buddy.

Wow, two in a night and only four days into the project.. XD

As for you Wolfy, dunno how I can help ya on that one... xD;;;

• Thumbs Up 2

IDK if anyone knows really, but does anyone know good ways to EQ a rhythm guitar? It seems like I can find "it's place" for bass, drums, and a lead guitar easy enough, but it seems like every time I have a rhythm guitar (which seems like always), it just muds up everything. I'm kinda asking just in general, and of course, for this project. I wasn't very happy with how cluttered my "Building the Empire" song was, D;.

Have you tried some Stereo Shaping? Even some simple panning can do the trick. I would say focus on where the guitar is the heaviest. By rhythm guitar.....do you mean like a guitar that handles chords or the opposite? Edited by Urban Flow

Have you tried some Stereo Shaping? Even some simple panning can do the trick. I would say focus on where the guitar is the heaviest. By rhythm guitar.....do you mean like a guitar that handles chords or the opposite?

Yeah, I always pan, it just still seems so muddy to me still, maybe it's my tone. And yeah, the chords and all that jazz

Well, I meant all on the same project, just for different things.

No.

FLStudio is my primary DAW

Virtual DJ is what I use to...DJ - it's also handy if I ever want to make some quick Scratch sounds, or if I want to apply some Turntable Effects to a song.

WavePad / Audacity are handy lil tools for editing audio samples, as I find the wav-editing tools inside FL to be a lil lacking.

NoteWorthy Composer is what I use to create MIDIs...which is rare, but Its how I started.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright here is the first song I completed; Well I made a Sega Genesis remix of Bingo Highway, I figured this would be good considering no one here does Sega Genesis covers (as far I know) Anyways, I am a Big Sega fanatic and I love the Sega Genesis so yeah biggrin.png Also, add this to my list of songs.......I was gonna tell you earlier but I forgot tongue.png This was made under the limitations of the Sega Genesis mind you. So case in point, this can play in an actual genesis hardware. I tagged the MP3 in the artist area only (so you know who made it of course)

(Download Link) http://www.mediafire.com/?lzy9w7u2xlpvtwz

Bingo Highway 55575 bytes King Meteor

http://www.vgmusic.c...hway-KMv1-1.mid

Upload Date and Time: 06/13/2009 01:08:20

Uploaded by: kingmeteor20@gmail.com (King Meteor)

So wait. Identical sounding songs, both at identical lengths (minus 1 sec.)

Dood. Please, seriously. *sigh* Did you grab this MIDI and just apply VOPM/Megadrive Soundfonts to it?

Imean... You can even here in your's where the soundfonts cant reach the super-high notes at 1:12...

• Thumbs Up 5

Bingo Highway 55575 bytes King Meteor

http://www.vgmusic.c...hway-KMv1-1.mid

Upload Date and Time: 06/13/2009 01:08:20

Uploaded by: kingmeteor20@gmail.com (King Meteor)

So wait. Identical sounding songs, both at identical lengths (minus 1 sec.)

Dood. Please, seriously. *sigh* Did you grab this MIDI and just apply VOPM/Megadrive Soundfonts to it?

Well actually no (I don't even use that soundfont, just VOPM). To be fairly honest the reason I even decided to do this was because it was a Sega Genesis Remix. I mean I could do some proper arranging if it does not pass. no problem really. happy.png ;;;

Well actually no (I don't even use that soundfont, just VOPM). To be fairly honest the reason I even decided to do this was because it was a Sega Genesis Remix. I mean I could do some proper arranging if it does not pass. no problem really. happy.png ;;;

I would go out of my way to make a different type of mix, but that was not my intention. It was simply to display the Sega genesis Sound. I had to do some editing. Since The Sega Genesis Guitar can't even handle chords to begin with. So I had to cut the chord in half really. I did some work on it. I am not gonna lie. It was not just, load up FL, copy notes into a plugin, fix a volume or two then export. If that is what you were thinking. The concept was to make it under the limitations of the Genesis bro. Go listen to the original and this, you will hear a difference. I don't want to upset you or make anyone else uncomfortable for that matter, so if its an issue, do tell me unsure.png Edited by Urban Flow

I'm not saying it doesn't sound nice - on the contrary it sounds pretty darn cool.

The issue is that it's:

1) More or less note-for-note the original piece...and moreso-

2) Nearly identical to a MIDI created by (Unless its a different username of yours) Someone OTHER than yourself.

The reason places like OCRemix.org, and other sites have specific guidelines for what is and is not an acceptable submission - the reason this project needs to have similar guidelines on what is and is not an acceptable submission, is the potential Copyright issues that can spring up surrounding Remix's, Covers, Arrangements, Mashups, and the like (of which all 4 things are different things entirely) when you are dealing with this stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....ht_implications

This is probably most easily explained here.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not saying it doesn't sound nice - on the contrary it sounds pretty darn cool.

The issue is that it's:

1) More or less note-for-note the original piece...and moreso-

2) Nearly identical to a MIDI created by (Unless its a different username of yours) Someone OTHER than yourself.

The reason places like OCRemix.org, and other sites have specific guidelines for what is and is not an acceptable submission - the reason this project needs to have similar guidelines on what is and is not an acceptable submission, is the potential Copyright issues that can spring up surrounding Remix's, Covers, Arrangements, Mashups, and the like (of which all 4 things are different things entirely) when you are dealing with this stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....ht_implications

This is probably most easily explained here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still like how it came out.

Why not just re-imagine it?

Stick with the Genesis sounds, Stick with Remixing Bingo Highway - but actually...Remix it. ^^;;

Incorporate your own ideas into the piece and make it your own. I think it'd be a pretty cool lil chiptune. (Something the '11 Album didn't really have...)

• Thumbs Up 5

I still like how it came out.

Why not just re-imagine it?

Stick with the Genesis sounds, Stick with Remixing Bingo Highway - but actually...Remix it. ^^;;

Incorporate your own ideas into the piece and make it your own. I think it'd be a pretty cool lil chiptune. (Something the '11 Album didn't really have...)

• Thumbs Up 1