Awoo.

The Trayvon Martin Case

Nepenthe

The fact that a grown man merely says he was scared of a 17-year old that dwarfed him by 40 pounds is tenuous.

I honestly never understood this. George Zimmerman was close to 200 pounds and took MMA classes and somehow was scared of some teenager that was 1/4th smaller than him?

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't really matter if you're stronger or a better fighter than someone, not only can you get beaten up but you can be killed if you're caught by surprise. Fighting is about momentum and strategy, and aggression can more than make up for training if you get blindsided.

Even more so if they manage to get a hold of your gun.

Edited by Son Gerku

Did he at least get kicked off the neighborhood watch?

He was a self-appointed neighborhood watch. No one fucking gave him the authority. Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

ZImmerman has asked that African American apologise to him. Yes, he actually said this despite the circumstances of this entire fucked up case.

His public image/reputation is already as tainted as it is by this whole case, why would he proceed to dig himself deeper into the ground by saying something like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

As inappropriate as his comment was, I can see where he is coming from. Still, many people in the Hispanic and Caucasian communities have blindly sided with him. If one of you quotes me and says something like "people like you?" I will laugh at your pathetic immaturity.

That's typical of you self-righteous generalisers on the internet.

EDIT: That was a joke.

EDIT2: You actually have a point about the race politics involved. I find it a bit uncomfortable, to be honest.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

Zimmerman should just shut up and disappear he is making things worse by doing shit like that. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

ZImmerman has asked that African American apologise to him. Yes, he actually said this despite the circumstances of this entire fucked up case.

What a dick. They're not going to apologize because he didn't apologize. And I hope that the African Americans DON'T apologize because he does not deserve an apology by covering up a lie saying that. Something  you did wrong...YOU SHOT A FUCKING 17 YEAR OLD. THAT WAS INNOCENT OF DOING NOTHING TO YOU ZIMMERMAN. THAT'S WHAT YOU FUCKING DID WRONG!

Sorry, got angry for a moment, so excuse my language.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was a scared man pinned down and being beaten up on the sidewalk, and he had a gun. The next logical step? 

Umm, don't have guns in the first place? Don't be a vigillante dick and follow around people who are doing nothing wrong; police exist for a reason.

Nepenthe's point is really the best argument for something like this: How the hell did a hulking man like Zimmerman get 'pinned down' by a 17 year old, skinny wee kid like Martin? I'm sorry but it just isn't feasible and I honestly don't understand why people are trusting Zimmerman's word on the matter or even this witness. Psychology consistantly shows that witnesses are often useless for giving evidence on violent crimes as they often fall prey to weapon focus, anxiety and panic. You'd be suprised as to how people's memories can change radically over time with the added pressure and stress of having huge consequences applied to your recall. If you ask me, witness testimonies shouldn't be taken as such guarentees, they should be much lower than scientific fact; such as Zimmerman being a few stones heavier than 17 year old kid Trayvon.

I just feel so awful for the family during all this. Imagine if it was your child that didn't come home that night, and you had to listen to people defending the man who shot him and calling your kid a punk and a violent criminal. For heaven's sake it's not Martin who's on trial here, it's Zimmerman!

• Thumbs Up 2

Zimmerman should just shut up and disappear he is making things worse by doing shit like that. sleep.png

Basically. The guy's a fucking idiot if he expects an apology. Especially after saying all that bullshit about God's will.

How the hell did a hulking man like Zimmerman get 'pinned down' by a 17 year old, skinny wee kid like Martin? I'm sorry but it just isn't feasible and I honestly don't understand why people are trusting Zimmerman's word on the matter or even this witness. Psychology consistantly shows that witnesses are often useless for giving evidence on violent crimes as they often fall prey to weapon focus, anxiety and panic. You'd be suprised as to how people's memories can change radically over time with the added pressure and stress of having huge consequences applied to your recall. If you ask me, witness testimonies shouldn't be taken as such guarentees, they should be much lower than scientific fact; such as Zimmerman being a few stones heavier than 17 year old kid Trayvon.

Hulking man? Martin was 4 inches taller than him, and more muscular. Not to mention he had experience with fighting. Zimmerman weighed more, sure, but he didn't have an athletic build by any means, and he was skinnier on the night of the crime than he is now.

And it's not as if Zimmerman getting "pinned down" is purely based on testimony. The pathologist/gunshot expert said the evidence corroborated his story, between the injuries on the back of his head and where he shot Martin. Not only is it feasible, this part of the case isn't even being disputed anymore.

Before anyone jumps on me for this: I'm not justifying what went down that night.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Zimmerman also had experience with fighting in his classes, and indeed had actually instigated a fight with an officer before.

And while we know Trayvon was on top during the fight at some point (and also that the injuries were indeed not life threatening), we do not know how long this was, what he was specifically doing when on top, whether or not George was ever on top, and ultimately who started it in the first place. The entire fight is a sketchy fragmentation of events from unreliable witnesses that neither side can say truthfully supports or denies their case.

But considering one person who saw the entire conflict has proven himself a lying piece of shit, and the only other person is, well, dead, I'm not willing to give the lying piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. He got that in court anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zimmerman also had experience with fighting in his classes, and indeed had actually instigated a fight with an officer before.

And while we know Trayvon was on top during the fight at some point (and also that the injuries were indeed not life threatening), we do not know how long this was, what he was specifically doing when on top, whether or not George was ever on top, and ultimately who started it in the first place. The entire fight is a sketchy fragmentation of events from unreliable witnesses that neither side can say truthfully supports or denies their case.

But considering one person who saw the entire conflict has proven himself a lying piece of shit, and the only other person is, well, dead, I'm not willing to give the lying piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. He got that in court anyway.

Trayvon's only known injuries, besides the bullet wound, were to his knuckles, which he got while hitting Zimmerman. I'd be surprised if Zimmerman were ever on top since he clearly didn't get a strong hit in, fighting classes or not. 

But really, all I was even responding to was the claim that Martin pinning him was unfeasible: It wasn't unfeasible because it happened. That's all. 

The injuries to his knuckle was pretty superficial, as well as Zimmerman's injuries in general. It wasn't some MMA-style beat down that went on. All you have to do is look at the actual loser of an MMA fight to see it wasn't that grievous. I agree that it's possible for anyone to get pinned, but I don't really buy the version defense tried to sell, that being Martin had the better of him the entire time and was working intentionally or otherwise to kill him.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://starmanswift.tumblr.com/post/55525715247/xjeremyjohnsonx-onebeautifulsoul

SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED! 
 March tonight in Leimert Park Los Angeles, CA Police draw guns at unarmed black protesters. Thank GOD they pulled that young CHILD away from that cop at 4:00 TAKE THESE RACISTS DOWN!!!!

ALL MY FOLLOWERS PLEASE REBLOG THIS!!!!! I’M BEGGING YOU!!!! PLEASE REBLOG THIS!!!! ANY JOURNALISTS, REPORTERS, THOSE WITH OTHER BLOGS AND VLOGS AND CHANNELS PLEASE. SHOW THE PEOPLE WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!! SPREAD THE WORD GUYS!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE OF RACES, ETHNICITIES, CULTURES, NATIONALITIES, BACKGROUNDS. REBLOG GUYS!!!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-our-citizens-unwarrented-police-brutality/VcC1yNMF

Edited by Chaos Warp

SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED! ‪#‎TRAYVONMARTIN‬ March tonight in Leimert Park Los Angeles, CA Police draw guns at unarmed black protesters. Thank GOD they pulled that young CHILD away from that cop at 4:00 TAKE THESE RACISTS DOWN!!!!

ALL MY FOLLOWERS PLEASE REBLOG THIS!!!!! I’M BEGGING YOU!!!! PLEASE REBLOG THIS!!!! ANY JOURNALISTS, REPORTERS, THOSE WITH OTHER BLOGS AND VLOGS AND CHANNELS PLEASE. SHOW THE PEOPLE WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!! SPREAD THE WORD GUYS!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE OF RACES, ETHNICITIES, CULTURES, NATIONALITIES, BACKGROUNDS. REBLOG GUYS!!!

https://petitions.wh...tality/VcC1yNMF

Fuck all of that shit. The stupidity here is actually cringeworthy. Mindless attention whoring and getting people riled up.

EDIT: Plus, that "young CHILD" was dressed like a thug.

Edited by Frogging101

I'm curious how you feel people who are "dressed like a thug" should be treated by law enforcement.

No, it was nothing to do with the treatment by law enforcement (IMO it should be hands off until they're actually committing a crime). I meant that the person writing that was attempting to appeal to people's emotions by going all "omg look how they're treating that child! he's a child omg!", when that doesn't really work in this case for multiple reasons...

So you're saying people who merely "dress like thugs" deserve no sympathy from people. Hmm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh...

Am I the only one that noticed that they were probably dressing up like Trayvon Martin? White hoodie with hood up?

Uh... Am I the only one that noticed that they were probably dressing up like Trayvon Martin? White hoodie with hood up?
Shhh. Don't let anyone in on the irony!
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fuck all of that shit. The stupidity here is actually cringeworthy. Mindless attention whoring and getting people riled up.

So the way you dress should change the standards of which you're treated?!

Besides, the young child was dressed like Trayvon Martin, not a 'thug'

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see a hole getting deeper here...