Awoo.

The Trayvon Martin Case

Nepenthe

So the Medical Examiner for case was let go and he is counter sue-ing the state for $100 million dollars. But that is not the good part. He decided to let loose a few things...

Link

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — Dr. Shiping Bao's testimony raised eyebrows during the George Zimmerman trial.

"I believe it is my opinion that Trayvon Martin was in a lot of pain, and that he was suffering," Bao said July 5 during testimony in the George Zimmerman trial.

On the stand, Dr. Bao changed his testimony about key statements he'd made and said he'd changed his mind about Martin only being alive for as many as three minutes after the shooting.

"I believe he was alive one to 10 minutes after he was shot. His heart was beating until there was no blood left," Bao said. 

Dr. Bao is dropping another bombshell -- his attorney is preparing a $100 million lawsuit.

Through his high-profile attorney, he claims the medical examiner, state attorney's office, and Sanford Police Department were all biased against Martin.

"He says their general attitude was that he got what he deserved," Attorney Willie Gary told Channel 9.

Gary said Dr. Bao was made to be a scapegoat and was wrongfully fired from the medical examiner's office. He said his client was prepared to offer proof that Martin was not the aggressor.

"He was in essence told to zip his lips. 'Shut up. Don't say those things,'" Gary said. 

Gary said prosecutors never asked Dr. Bao a question crucial to their case.

"He wanted a question that would have allowed him to explain to the jury with scientific evidence how there was no way Trayvon Martin could have been on top of George Zimmerman," Gary said.

Gary said that question never came.

Oh...you probably missed that. Let me put it in larger text and have it in an appropriate color for you.

"He wanted a question that would have allowed him to explain to the jury with scientific evidence how there was no way Trayvon Martin could have been on top of George Zimmerman,"

I, after working tirelessly to write a Racial Profiling law in Florida after this bullshit incident, hate this fucking state if this is true and if this guy is not trying to weasel money out of the state for his impromptu, but deserved firing.   

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is Florida such a judicially fucked up state? It always seems like that one state's judicial system is doing something wrong; Zimmerman, Casey Anthony etc. I'm pretty sure I also recently read about a Floridian judge caught taking backhanders from the state's corporate prison system in exchange for sending as many people to prison as possible, regardless of what punishment was actually appropriate for their crimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So if I'm reading this right, he's claiming that a medium range gunshot from the back with no exit wound (that caused Martin to die of slow blood loss) would really be able to be covered up for a year and a half as a close range gunshot to the front with no exit wound (which basically blew apart Martin's heart)?

I wouldn't doubt the possibility that the DA threw the case at least in some way (the political reasons are numerous), or even that most of the players involved were predisposed against Martin; but I think that's pushing things a bit far.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

This is probably relevant enough to bring back this topic...

George Zimmerman has been arrested for assault and battery after he, among other things, pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend.

George Zimmerman’s trouble with the law continued on Monday. The man who shot and killed Travyon Martin last year was taken into custody Monday afternoon when local police responded to a disturbance call. Florida police announced on Monday evening that they have charged Zimmerman with assault and battery.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, during the altercation, police said “Zimmerman pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend, 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe. He also broke a table, pushed her out of the home and barricaded the door with furniture.”

Here’s more from ABC News:

"When we arrived, the victim indicated that she and George Zimmerman were having a verbal dispute and at that time she alleged that he had broken a table and pointed a long-barrel shotgun at her," Seminole County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma said at a news conference. She managed to work her way to the front door of the residence and call 911 on her cell phone. "At that time, he actually pushed her out of the front of the residence and barricaded the door with some furniture," Lemma said. When authorities arrived, the girlfriend gave officers a key to the home and they were able to open the door, push away the furniture and confront ZimmermanHe was unarmed when police got to him and "rather passive," Lemma said. He offered no resistance and was taken into custody.

Yeah, if there somehow was any doubt before, there isn't anymore: Zimmerman is a goddamn maniac, and shouldn't get anywhere near a fucking gun.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Not even six months after he's acquitted and this is the second time he's made headlines for threatening his girlfriend, third/fourth time making headlines in general for getting in trouble with the law. It's like how Rodney King kept crossing paths with the police, except this is happening on a more frequent basis.

I hate to say it and hope it doesn't come to that point; but If the Florida justice system/police aren't careful a third hypothetical threat by this guy may actually escalate to violence.

Wait...isn't this like the second time he's done that?

Why am I not surprised? Hopefully they do the smart thing and throw this moron in jail this time because I'm sick of hearing about him.

Ugh, get this trigger-happy lunatic off the streets already.

Zimmerman's behavior - relying on violence and intimidation - certainly fits the definition of "thug," I'd say.

Edited by Dr. Mechano