Awoo.

The Trayvon Martin Case

Nepenthe

I smell a riot...

Oh people are already losing their shit. Don't be surprised if half of Florida is torn up tomorrow.

(Also, we don't know that Trayvon was "pummeling" Zimmerman from atop the entire time. That was never concretely established.)

Didn't say he was on top of him the entire time, but the pathologist/gunshot expert said it was true at the time of the shooting. Combine that with the wounds on the back of Zimmerman's head, and the officer testimony that his back was wet, and I'd say Martin being on top of Zimmerman at some point was one of the most provable things in the altercation.

I also want to say, I'm tired of this notion that the system is literally working when guilty men go free. That isn't a feature, it's a bug. An assurance that the system is the best thing we can think of, but I don't see why this in and of itself is celebratory. The system works well enough that we're kinda comfortable with it. But let's not consider this justice actually working. Again, the killer of an unarmed minor who escalated the situation we t free. This is not ideal.

Very much agreed. It's far from desirable, but I still think it's the lesser of two evils.

In other news, someone launched a few fireworks near my house when the verdict was read. I felt slightly sickened at the notion people were taking so much enjoyment from this.

Edited by Solly

Can we also talk about how this also happened in the exact same state, yet...?

tumblr_mpwpgbZUO41qj3uuto1_500.png

...am I missing something?

And to be frank, it didn't have anything to do with this case when you posted it either, turbojet.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

The very thing I didn't want to happen happened. Riots. Oh boy.

I'm laughing at how some people totally called this...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

KdEXqaM.jpg

oh shit

I have stayed away from decision of this but I am truly bothered by that.

I live about an 1 and 45 minutes from Miami so I will sleep alittle worried. 

I have stayed away from decision of this but I am truly bothered by that.

I live about an 1 and 45 minutes from Miami so I will sleep alittle worried. 

Footage was a lie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, and here I actually bought it. :lol:

Protests I'm fine with and frankly those were to be expected, although I'm not sure how much impact on this case that kinda pushback can have on things, minus review of laws.

Public Shaming just put up a post. Here are some tweets. tumblr_inline_mpwtfdysW51qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mpwtfagZ1h1qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mpwtfbTHAl1qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mpwtfdf2qk1qz4rgp.png
Before everyone sees these and goes "omg all faith in humanity goooooooooooooone". Please realize that hundreds of millions of people use Twitter, and cherry-picking exceptionally bigoted and racist tweets, while good for exposing idiots, ultimately says nothing representative of anything.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Those posts actually make me feel sick.

I don't understand how you can be so hateful, and to wish for and condone the death of someone based on their race. I mean, I get that racism has always existed, but to see it so raw and so unabashed like that just makes me feel actual physical distress. 

Welcome to the world of being a social minority, where messages like these illicit a range of responses ranging from an eye roll to a sigh. The more you're exposed to online dickery like that, the more you grow thick-skinned to it, or rather learn to ignore them. But I'm kinda glad they're being gathered in one place though: always welcome to know the crazies from the normies.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not bothered by that really. I mean, the good outnumber the bad right?

...right?

So my parents wanted Zimmerman to go free the whole time... Now just to clarify, my parents were not accusing Treyvon of anything. We agreed that the shooting itself did not need to happen. However that's really about it with similarities. My parents Under the impression that Zimmerman was innocent under self defense. Treyvon had called one of his friends or something about being followed,and then proceeded attacking zimm after confronting him. Their logic is "had Treyvon gotten a hold of the gun, Zimmerman and others lives could have been in danger." Now do we know that? No, that is speculation. (Using his track record honestly holds no water when he hadnt commited any crimes at the time)Treyvon might have just walked off after that. Theres also the issue that Zimmerman followed him after specific instruction not to play batman. If he needed to use a gun, instead of shooting he could have just pointed it as a way to strike fear or something. Btw, do we know that the screams were Treyvons or Zimmermans? And speaking of the gun, does Zimmerman carry a gun on him daily? Or was this a rare occasion? I'm curious. But at the end of the day, the only story that could be told was zimmermans, and he had evidence to support it, while the other side couldn't support their claims, resulting in the freedom of a guilty man. Ugh.