Awoo.

The Trayvon Martin Case

Nepenthe

I wonder how this'll affect the gun control debate? Probably not much, but who knows?

I wonder how this'll affect the gun control debate? Probably not much, but who knows?

NRA: "This wouldn't have happened if the kid had a gun"

• Thumbs Up 4

This escalated really quickly. Riots, Tweets, Facebooking, etc. This is just going to end up as a huge mess that will need to be cleaned up. I'm still not happy about the verdict. Trayvon had at least 3 or more witnesses. Zimmerman should not be allowed to walk the streets as a free man. It's unjustice that the law isn't more just as it should be.

Edited by Felix Jr.

This escalated really quickly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgQJR4hkew

I think it was debunked earlier as coming from a different event. Might wanna go back a few pages.

I think it was debunked earlier as coming from a different event. Might wanna go back a few pages.

Oh my bad it was on the last page, I just forgot. I'll edit

This is a disgusting miscarriage of justice; i'm honestly a bit lost for words now. How can such an obvious case as this fall through?

The boy was shot dead, end of story. There's no debating that and I don't give a damn of the ins and outs of it all, at the end of the day a young unarmed boy was murdered by a much older, stronger (armed!) man. Whatever the situation was, even if Trayvon had been up to no good, I'd still be on his side. The boy was murdered and that, in my books, is manslaughter.

Why do I still live in this shitty state anyways?

Because your parents/guardians wanted to live here. I usually stay away from threads that involve the media (except video game related) for a reason but I don't know, this post made me want to say something. Here I am very proud to be a Floridian. For better or worse. Any kind of media including negativity isn't going to change that. And if any of you roll your eyes on me because I said I'm proud, I don't care.

This doesn't necessary mean I agree with the ruling on Zimmerman's case, but I'm going to stay neutral about it. What's done is done, no point talking about it now IMO. You can talk negative all you want and get depressed but that's not going to be me.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, there is a point in talking about it now, because if this shit happens again this is just going to blow another powder keg that people should've caught earlier. Forgetting about it, or leaving it as "what's done is done" apathy, risks it repeating again when this should serve as an example of what to prevent in the future to come.

• Thumbs Up 3

No, there is a point in talking about it now, because if this shit happens again this is just going to blow another powder keg that people should've caught earlier. Forgetting about it, or leaving it as "what's done is done" apathy, risks it repeating again when this should serve as an example of what to prevent in the future to come.

And you think starting riots and making terrible noise around our neighborhoods is going to change the ruling of Zimmerman's case. In fact, one or two people can be thrown in prison for storming the neighborhoods in anger.

• Thumbs Up 2

And you think starting riots and making terrible noise around our neighborhoods is going to change the ruling of Zimmerman's case. In fact, one or two people can be thrown in prison for storming the neighborhoods in anger.

You must have missed the parts where those riots were said at least TWICE to be fake, I presume?

Or the peaceful protest that was actually happening?

Or my point in general saying "we shouldn't let this happen again"?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 3

You must have missed the parts where those riots were said at least TWICE to be fake, I presume?

Or the peaceful protest that was actually happening?

Or my point in general saying "we shouldn't let this happen again"?

How exactly is it a peaceful protest when it's at night, when people are trying to sleep? How is it a peaceful protest when you can hear "F*** THE POLICE!" over and over? How is it a peaceful protest when several people are smashing police windows?

I'm disgusted by the outcome of the trial. The only scenario where Zimmerman would be innocent on all counts would be if the kid he killed was still alive. If you're responsible for deliberately engineering a situation where you would have to defend yourself with a deadly weapon, then you are fucking guilty. The only purpose of that trial should have been to determine the degree to which he should be punished, not to let him get away scott free for killing a teenager.

Glad to see peaceful protesting in response to such a terrible injustice.

If a self-professed vigilantee decides to follow Zimmerman, feels he's being threatened by him, and then decides to defend himself with lethal consequences, then I assume he'll also be completely innocent on all counts. (Note, I do not think this should happen). Disgusting.

• Thumbs Up 1

How exactly is it a peaceful protest when it's at night, when people are trying to sleep? How is it a peaceful protest when you can hear "F*** THE POLICE!" over and over? How is it a peaceful protest when several people are smashing police windows?

Are you seriously fucking telling me these people right here:

1013147_212778298875740_133986252_n.jpg

Are smashing windows and saying "Fuck the police"?

So you really haven't read the previous two pages in this topic where people debunked that riot from being over Treyvon Martin?

• Thumbs Up 6

Are you seriously fucking telling me these people right here:

1013147_212778298875740_133986252_n.jpg

So you really haven't read the previous two pages in this topic where people debunked it that riot from being over Treyvon Martin?

That is just one bunch. You think they are the only bunch?

But I apologize, I am done here. The more I talk about it, the more it will get to me.

That is just one bunch. You think they are the only bunch?

And I'm suppose to take your word for that? Because you're doing nothing but saying "there's more" without showing anything more.

Because this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgQJR4hkew&feature=player_embedded

is the only posted riot on this topic, and it has already been said 3 times here to be from a completely different event: The Vancouver Hockey Riots.

EDIT: Which still doesn't excuse you from completely missing (if not blatantly strawmaning) my initial point earlier.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not surprised this topic and ruling has people so fired up, but wanting somebody to be guilty and proving somebody to be guilty are quite different. They couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt he was guilty so now he's free. I saw this coming a mile away, so when I read the news I was not surprised in the least.

There are lots of things to blame for the result, but if people are persistent then things like the crappy laws can be changed. Maybe people's anger at this will spark some change?

I also wouldn't worry to much about Zimmerman, just because justice may not have been served (depending on your opinions) he's certainly not going to have a good go of it from now on (at least not for a long time). I would hate to be him right now and for the foreseeable future.

Are we honestly still saying there are violent riots, even when the only one was proven fake, and then insisting on such anyway without any attempt to point to accounts of these things? "Well, riots happen." Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 3

So a woman gets 20 years in jail for firing fucking WARNING SHOTS at a violent, abusive husband in self defense, yet some guy follows an unarmed, innocent, 17 year old kid walking down the street when he was told not to, gets into a fight, shoots him DEAD when his life wasn't in danger, and walks away free?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

This sickens me to no end...

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 5

Do you actually know what a peaceful protest is? Serious question.

So a woman gets 20 years in jail for firing fucking WARNING SHOTS at a violent, abusive husband in self defense, yet some guy follows an unarmed, innocent, 17 year old kid walking down the street when he was told not to, gets into a fight, shoots him DEAD when his life wasn't in danger, and walks away free?!

This is not going to be relevant no matter how many times people bring it up; and it's kind of distressing that in order to try to link them anyway people are willing to overlook so many aspects of both cases.

• Thumbs Up 4

I made the awful mistake of going to 4chan's /pol/ section to see what they think about the verdict...

I came back feeling physically fatigued...

If you're going to go to the obvious places in order to feel enraged and thus justified to come back here complain, may I suggest checking Stormfront? They must be having a ball.

Gotta say, Harlem is taking this a lot better than most people; they're more disappointed than angry, but completely understand how the verdict came about. 

Bottom line is, this should have never happened in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 5

Source for that? Only source I found is a FB page named "The Illuminati Exposed", so I'm twisting my nose.

Unjustice at it's finest right here in America. The law today IS based on what race you are which is just wrong in every aspect and they know it, they just don't want to admit it. I hope in the future that from this case the probably will learn from their mistakes. And I'm sure Zimmerman would have this guilt in the back of his head everyday as he walks a free man. 

Also you guys seen what he said? He said he was proud to be an American. That just sickens me to the core.

• Thumbs Up 1