Awoo.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

Badnik Mechanic

So how many people preordered the White Wizard edition, and how many of those people preordered through the Namco store with the "Ninostarter" promotion?

Two weeks to wait and then to see how shitty shipping is going to be from them.

• 2 weeks later...

NEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ni No Kuni Delayed in Europe! It's only delayed by a week but I want this game so bad!

As compensation we get some free DLC... if this is the same DLC that you get from the pre-order Namco are gits.

NEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ni No Kuni Delayed in Europe! It's only delayed by a week but I want this game so bad!

As compensation we get some free DLC... if this is the same DLC that you get from the pre-order Namco are gits.

It's official: Namco Bandai are the worst localizers ever. No words can describe how much i hate them.

....Sighhh, well might as well post the behind the scenes videos since no has done it yet:

This one came out today:

Edited by pppp

Ok, we now have IGN's review:

9.4/10 "Ni No Kuni is the best JRPG I’ve played in years, and a must-play for an RPG fan with a PlayStation 3"

Awesomelaugh.png

Edited by pppp

Someone on the Bethesda forums offered this game as a sort of consolation prize to the PS3 folks: 'Sure, you can't have any DLC for Skyrim, but the 360 and PC don't have White Witch'.  Somehow I don't think the two are comparable.  Except that they are both long delayed; I'm very glad to see this is finally actually coming out.

Limited Edition Unboxing:

Is it me or does he say his name is "Filthy Rich"?

Edited by pppp

The E-Commerce company Digital River who namco uses has messed up... big time.

They have over-sold the Wizards edition, hundreds of copies have been cancelled!

F0000kin' ell! That is one hell of an absolute fuck up! Don't know if this affects the worldwide release of the game. But it's definately affective US/Canadian orders. If mine gets cancelled I might just be sick, been after this since it was announced.

The E-Commerce company Digital River who namco uses has messed up... big time.

They have over-sold the Wizards edition, hundreds of copies have been cancelled!

F0000kin' ell! That is one hell of an absolute fuck up! Don't know if this affects the worldwide release of the game. But it's definately affective US/Canadian orders. If mine gets cancelled I might just be sick, been after this since it was announced.

Where were you the last week? This is all anyone over at the Namco forums has been talking about? Heck, every hour or so a new thread pops up over there about cancelled orders. People who ordered last year were cancelled (some still charged multiple times for the order), while some people who ordered during the supposed restock got shipping notices. 

If you didn't order from Namco's site you should be fine, it's Digital River's fault if anything.

Oh christ...

Looks like theres now a problem with the EU orders! Theres suddenly loads of posts at NeoGaf from worried people saying that people who ordered from The Hut group are now getting 'payment problem' emails.

Really hope my order is ok now... never been this worried about a CE before... just really want that book =/

Oh christ...

Looks like theres now a problem with the EU orders! Theres suddenly loads of posts at NeoGaf from worried people saying that people who ordered from The Hut group are now getting 'payment problem' emails.

Really hope my order is ok now... never been this worried about a CE before... just really want that book =/

I'm starting to think Shadar is pulling strings to prevent people from getting the gamewacko.png

Ok the shit is hitting the EU fan right now. More and more people reporting card order problems from orders placed at The Hut group. But whats odd is that people who ordered back in July are being hit with the cancelled order email.

It sounds like there has been a massive over-sale of Wizards editions here in Europe, and don't forget, this is different to the US version.

If you've got a pre-order on the W.E. and you live in Europe... be prepared for bad news.

The Hut group are aparently cancelling orders at random. Hut group owns Zavvi, Shopto, The Hut and some other retailer. Namco Bandai's twitter account is getting more and more people asking them about this.

But if you live in the Netherlands... there are now reports that Namco have cancelled EVERY SINGLE ORDER for the Wizards edition in that region! Seen several tweets and one post over at NeoGaf claim that every single store in the country is calling up customers all saying the same thing, that they didn't get any stock!

... ... . has anything like this ever happened before? Such a popular item has been handled so poorly and affected so many people? The only thing I can think of which comes even close is when Sony Cancelled the EU launch of the PS3 about a month or two before Christmas?

That is utterly appalling.  I had missed the announcement of the WE completely, but now I think it may have been just as well that I did.  I feel awful for the people who wanted one and got cancelled because the folks in charge have no clue what they're doing.  They really ought to just print more so all the people who did preorder get one - the drop in value will mainly affect the hoarders and resellers who didn't actually want the set in the first place - just the resale value.

It was bad enough when it was the one company that handled the NA orders screwing up; to have it worldwide is simply inexcusable.

Well strange things are afoot here in the EU.

Last night, Zavvi were cancelling orders randomly... a lot of them too... but today, theres a few that have it in stock, though they're selling out within an hour of them being listed. Play.com had some last night, today they're sold out.

Also with Zavvi. Last year I couldn't praise them enough... but following christmas I won't ever recommend them again. Constant problems with them. Orders never turned up, charges for orders that THEY cancelled. Never deal with again... the problem here... are these cancellations down to a stock shortage from Namco? Or are they due to how terrible Zavvi have been lately? Only if it's Zavvi's fault... consider MGS Rising has a rather amazing limited edition, exclusive to Zavvi.

Oh but to give you an idea as to how badly the NA orders have been messed up.

This guy ordered one copy of the Wizards edition from the NA Namco store. Digital River messed up his order too.

i4emlP9l.jpg

BY GIVING HIM THREE!

Well strange things are afoot here in the EU.

Last night, Zavvi were cancelling orders randomly... a lot of them too... but today, theres a few that have it in stock, though they're selling out within an hour of them being listed. Play.com had some last night, today they're sold out.

Also with Zavvi. Last year I couldn't praise them enough... but following christmas I won't ever recommend them again. Constant problems with them. Orders never turned up, charges for orders that THEY cancelled. Never deal with again... the problem here... are these cancellations down to a stock shortage from Namco? Or are they due to how terrible Zavvi have been lately? Only if it's Zavvi's fault... consider MGS Rising has a rather amazing limited edition, exclusive to Zavvi.

Oh but to give you an idea as to how badly the NA orders have been messed up.

This guy ordered one copy of the Wizards edition from the NA Namco store. Digital River messed up his order too.

i4emlP9l.jpg

BY GIVING HIM THREE!

Wow. i mean...Wow....It is amazing to me how bad this company is. It actually goes beyond belief. Basically for all we know the reason they don't have enough to meet demand is because they're giving more than one of them to some people.

Just checked the Playstation plus side of the store. Theres a free exclusive dynamic theme if anyones a member of PS+.

Just downloaded it now, it's a selection of scenes from the game (still images) and the camera slowly moves and zooms in. It's a nice effect.

Just checked the Playstation plus side of the store. Theres a free exclusive dynamic theme if anyones a member of PS+.

Just downloaded it now, it's a selection of scenes from the game (still images) and the camera slowly moves and zooms in. It's a nice effect.

I love those dynamic themes... but I wish I could buy them. If I ever end PS+ I'd lose them.

It was pretty hectic in NA too, some people received the guide, the $20 coupon, the WE, and no charge whatsoever.

The sad thing is, the people who are getting the guide as compensation won't even have it shipped for another month. By then it isn't that useful.

I love those dynamic themes... but I wish I could buy them. If I ever end PS+ I'd lose them.

Wait a minute, not only do i have to have PS+ to get the theme but i lose it after my sub is over? Even if i installed it?

Wait a minute, not only do i have to have PS+ to get the theme but i lose it after my sub is over? Even if i installed it?

I'm pretty sure that's how it works for anything marked as "free" with PS+.

You keep free avatars and themes even after your subscription runs out.

It's Ni no Kuni release day here in Europe! Hooray!

At 9am, the doorbell rang and, voila, the postman hands over a copy of the Wizard's Edition! And it truly is a thing of beauty. The box was a little bit bent and battered but nothing that detracts from the sheer quality of the package itself - the Drippy plush is really well made and adorable, and as for that Wizard's Companion book... holy moly, a lot of love went into that. It looks, feels and even smells like you'd expect a proper book to. Attention to detail in it is stunning. My only gripe with the Wizard's Edition is that us EU lot basically got screwed over by not getting the soundtrack/coin/art cards included like in the US version, but oh well.

20130201_093446.jpg

20130201_093622.jpg

20130201_094758.jpg

Now, I consider myself very, very lucky to have got my hands on one of these. I've apparently been living under a rock for the past few months because I only found out about Ni no Kuni a few weeks ago, let alone find out about the Wizard's Edition. I'd heard the game mentioned here and there, but it had never clicked that it might be something worth my time. Cue a friend telling me about how excited he was for it and how amazing this Wizard's Edition would be, I too got caught up in the hype for it and went to stick my pre-order in... but, as this was only a couple of weeks ago, most sites had already sold out of their stock long ago. I searched high and low to find somewhere that was selling it at a reasonable price and not the extortionate £150+ on eBay, and just as I was about to give up, I stumbled upon some website that I'd never heard of before that was still advertising the Wizard's Edition. I placed my pre-order, got a confirmation e-mail... and then checked the site again a few hours later and the Wizard's Edition had been removed from their pre-order section. If I'd had been that little bit later in trying to find one, I'd have missed out completely, because (aside from Play.com getting some new stock in for a very short window a day or so ago) I have not seen this on any other site since. And then after all the fiasco about people's orders being cancelled, I'd basically resigned myself to the fact that because I ordered so late I wouldn't get one... yet, lo and behold, here it is!

So, in summary? Phew.