Awoo.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: General Console Moe Thread

HunterTSF

From what I understand the original desperately needed a rework because the gameplay sucked compared to the others, that seem to be sort of decent JPRGs. Maybe now I can get into the series from the start.

And only play when I'm absolutely positive nobody is in the house.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game play structure is none of the games' strong point honestly, which shouldn't come as a big surprise because it's Compile Heart. All of them are relatively sub-par in that regard but the latter games do make their systems generally interesting and unique bumping it up to being pretty above average.

It's a guilty pleasure in most cases. I love it regardless though.

From what I understand the original desperately needed a rework because the gameplay sucked compared to the others, that seem to be sort of decent JPRGs. Maybe now I can get into the series from the start.

And only play when I'm absolutely positive nobody is in the house.

The gameplay isn't the selling point believe it or not lol, each game is pretty subpar as Carbo said. I honestly play it because I like the character designs, its my guilty pleasure, and I love it.

Well, I'd be playing for the premise and wacky industry references. Concerns being extremely dull/broken gameplay and Star Ocean 4 levels of uncomfortableness in regards to the fanservice aspect.

Well, I'd be playing for the premise and wacky industry references. Concerns being extremely dull/broken gameplay and Star Ocean 4 levels of uncomfortableness in regards to the fanservice aspect.

The healing system in the first game was broken, basically you had to set it at a high priority during boss battles because you can't heal yourself, you have to rely on your AI friends, making things harder than they should be. It was like they were trying to be innovative but also archaic as all hell at the same time. I barely remember Star Ocean 4, I just remember the glossed over doll eyed characters and Edge being an annoying fucking protagonist... and Lymle... 

Healing in the first game was so moronic I can't understand why they thought it was a good idea.

You needed items so the Ai characters could craft healing potions/spells to use... in battle... the hell?

So early on you die a lot through no fault of your own, which in turn reduces your share value, meaning you're forced into a second playthrough if you want to do every mission.

But eventually you suddenly get to a point where you have so many items that healing no longer becomes an issue... so why not just let the player control healing? Crazy...

• 2 weeks later...

IxAvWvW.jpg

I've put 20 hours into this game so far, its much better than the first, and improves upon the second as well. I thought you'd have bought it considering you tend to get all kinds of limited edition merchandise. It's rather hard to find the LE now at a decent price.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, i have seen all the episodes since the beginning they aired, i watch it every friday because that's when they air the episodes. the anime is amazing it's like nothing i have ever seen before. and my favorite characters are, Neptune/Purple Heart she is my most favorite from the neptunia series, and IF is other of my favorites and Nepgear and Blanc/White Heart, but, Neptune/Purple Heart is my most favorite. and i hope i can revive this topic i know i can.

Alright everyone i'm going to revive this topic. so does anyone want to talk about anything neptunia.

I hate this series with every fiber of my being...and yet I want to play it. 

You will play it, and you will like it whether you like it or not.  <--That makes sense. biggrin.png Still trying to beat Victory, I recently got back into it, but now Xillia has taken over my life, so I've gone on another Nep Nep break.

Edited by Noel

Well, Hyperdimension Neptunia is going great for me, i love this game a lot and i can't wait for the next episode of the anime tomorrow.

I've seen and heard about this series before, and while the concept is interesting (Anything satiring the console wars is a plus in my book) It also kinda scares me.

From what it looks like, it really gives me an "Axis Powers Hetalia" vibe. Only instead of a innuendo filled slice of life show with Bishonen men representing Countries, it seems to be an innuendo filled rpg with moe girls representing Video game consoles. 

I dunno, maybe I'll give it a shot in the future... Maybe it'll surprise me or creep me out.

Question for anyone that has played the first neptunia, what level are your party members on? I have Neptune on level 27 and compa on level 26 and IF on the same level as compa 26. so what level are your party members at?

Question for anyone that has played the first neptunia, what level are your party members on? I have Neptune on level 27 and compa on level 26 and IF on the same level as compa 26. so what level are your party members at?

I never bothered with DLC, but I think I stopped at like 80.

Noel, on 09 Aug 2013 - 10:07, said:I never bothered with DLC, but I think I stopped at like 80.
I'll keep playing because i want to get to the level cap level 99, and if i had money i would buy the level cap and some levels dlc.

image_thumb104.pngAlright since nobody has said anything about this i will, Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth 1 is a remake of the first neptunia but, with victorys gameplay awesome right. and yes this is one game i really want to buy and before anyone says anything, no, i don't have a vita but if this game comes to the usa i will get one. so let the hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1 talk begin.