Awoo.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: General Console Moe Thread

HunterTSF

And that's not how you spell Blanc, but you don't see me complaining.

You all need to go back to school. It's spelled V-E-R-T

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic is several months old and didn't need to be revived.  Topic necromancy isn't generally against the rules here, but it's only accepted under the condition that an important and meaningful contribution be made.  The above post does not count as such, so I'm going to ask that you not do that, as any further instances will be regarded as spam by the mod team.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, helllllllllllloooooooooo, how come I was never told a topic for Neptunia existed?!

But yeah, man, a lot has passed since the last post here. Anyway, as you can tell, I'm a Neptunia junkie. I've platted every Neptunia game I've played right now and I own every one except Victory.

...enough about my nep-session, though. Time for something meaningful that is worth reviving this topic for.

A new Neptunia game is coming out this year! Well... new isn't exactly the best word for it. More like, enhanced? This is pretty much Neptunia VII on the PS4... but with a VR gimmick. The CPUs (and Adult Neptune) can interact with the player and stuff.

Shameless Waifu Dating Sim Mode

But yeah, I don't really know much about the other changes aside from that mode. Apparently you don't need a PSVR for it, but that's as far as I know regarding the new stuff for the game. Not sure about what else even though the game's been out in Japan for a while, now.

Still, as a Neptunia nut, you bet your ass I'm buying it anyway. At launch, maybe. I did buy Cyberdimension Neptunia when it launched late last year and I had a blast with it.

4 hours ago, StratusAsterion said:

Since this already bumped, might as well add the announcement of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 PLUS! for PS4

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/02/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1-plus-announced-ps4

Hope the limited edition comes with Nep-Nep figure!

I'm already in the midst of playing through the Vita version of Re;Birth 1... but I'm willing to double dip. I'm no stranger to such.

More Nep for me!

Wonder what enchancements will be added... or if it'll just be the Steam version on PS4 plus DLC.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Just now, StratusAsterion said:

Im excited to see the collectors edition too since i love me some nep merch!

Same. I'm still waiting on the VIIR western LE info. I wanna see what that contains.

I've been playing the GOG versions of ReBirth 1-3.  But there's a bug with the third one:

The moment when Plutie transforms into Iris Heart offscreen and infront of Warechu, the game crashes.  And this is all the more aggrivating for me as I have the DLC partners available, but this one bit is refusing to let me advance further.

Meanwhile in the second game, I have managed to recruit Nep herself into my party as well as recruiting Tekken.  The hard part will be trying to level the shares to get the other Makers and eventually the Oracles.  But even then, Nepgear is still my most powerful thanks to the Gehaburn - Anime being an easy Disc 1 Nuke of sorts.

Now if only GOG can get the rest of the series on its platform, that would be interesting, especially with VII having Orange Heart.

For that matter regarding her, while I know she is supposed to represent the Dreamcast, she is still orange in the PAL release despite the Dreamcast having a blue spiral instead of the scarlet spiral that the States and Japan got.  But making this confusing is the fact that Dreamcast from Sega Hard Girls has a blue color scheme in the PAL release for SDN v SeHa Girls, yet OH still has her original scheme in all regions.

I do want to bring up that the devs made a clever reference to Mario when fighting the Four Felons the first time around.  Trick the Hard being fought in Lowee and kidnapping Ram is can be seen as a clever reference to Bowser, given his yellow heavyset reptilian design and sexual preference to younger girls, not to mention him being the personification of Nintendo Hard.

2 hours ago, Tailikku said:

I do want to bring up that the devs made a clever reference to Mario when fighting the Four Felons the first time around.  Trick the Hard being fought in Lowee and kidnapping Ram is can be seen as a clever reference to Bowser, given his yellow heavyset reptilian design and sexual preference to younger girls, not to mention him being the personification of Nintendo Hard.

Not the first time the Neptunia franchise made a reference to Bowser like that.

dbe.png

This series, I tell ya.

four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-ne

I've been playing 4 Goddesses Online and while at first the combat took some getting used to, I think it's starting to grow on me. I even started blocking and dodging, which is something I never usually do in games. It got tiresome getting knocked back and having to charge the enemy over and over again.

So...it seems the game really wants you to dislike Kiria and Princess. At first they seemed highly rude and annoying, but Princess asking Noire to change her hair because they match????

Line! Crossed! Grr...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DanJ86 said:

So...it seems the game really wants you to dislike Kiria and Princess. At first they seemed highly rude and annoying, but Princess asking Noire to change her hair because they match????

Line! Crossed! Grr...

It's really odd with Kiria and how yeah, she's meant to be hated early on in the game.

it's odd because i'm hating a person who pretty much looks like genderbent me.

"Ooooh, I hate that Me with Boobs!"

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/20/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1-plus-releases-japan-may-31-ps4/

Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus gor a Japanese release date: May 31st. No news on a localization yet but come on guys, it's gonna be localized eventually.

And yeah, it's confirmed that Dengekikko from Neptunia U will be in the game. To what capacity, I don't know for in the original Re;Birth 1, she just did random talking in the overworld with no real plot significence.

latest?cb=20140618020811

She's one of my U mains, so I really do hope she's playable. That would be the first time we see her playable in the typical Neptunia turn-based fomat.

(plus i can her meet IF. Tails VA meet Tails VA.)

• 2 weeks later...

Neptune's crossing over, once again!

28575824_2466886253536806_15375359270354

Confirmed for Steam (and PS4), on March 7th, Neptune is coming to Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash as a paid DLC character! However, if you own 4GO on Steam within the specified event period, you get her for free.

Hmmm...

I know, Neptunia is all fanservicey and all, and it's mighty tempting to play as one of my favorite characters ever in any capacity... but I dunno if I personally will get into Senran Kagura for this. That series is a little too uncomfortable with its use of sexy girls for my tastes. Too heavy-handed with the fanservice.

Regardless, I know this series has its fans... and those fans could also be Neptunia fans. Plus, this isn't the first time this series cooperated with Marvelous, so this was only a matter of time. So for those who like both franchises, go nuts. Nep-Nep is here!

• 1 month later...

NPV2R_LE_FULLSET_US__16751.1523063118.12

The North American/European Limited Edition of Megadimension Neptunia VIIR has been revealed! 

It's small, an artbook, controller skin, the game... but the real kicker is that Nepgeardam plush. The closest you'll get to a plushie of everyone's favorite mistreated CPU Candidate.

maxresdefault.jpg

"What the goodness?! That thing's getting a plush but not me?!"

• 4 weeks later...

The English dubbed trailer for Neptunia VIIR has released! Get a glimpse of the new battle system and dubbed VR events of the game that released... well, today!

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/04/brave-neptunia-announced-nintendo-switch-korea/

71axMTYMNtL._SL1000__thumb.jpg

In other news, Brave Neptunia, the hand-drawn side-scroller RPG (made by a Canadian developer, wow!) is revealed to not just come to the PS4 and Steam like usual, but also to the Nintendo Switch! A Neptunia game on a Nintendo system for the first time! Blanc is proud.

We also got a glimpse of the story.

In Brave Neptunia we’ll have the familiar main characters in Neptune, Noire, Blanc, Vert, and many others, but this time they’ll lose their memories and find themselves in a different kind of Gamindustri with new characters to meet.

This time, the goddesses will find themselves in a 2D world, where people worship and create 2D games. Those who refuse to go with the old-fashioned 2D ways, in other words, those who use new tech or 2D god forbids—a 3D game—will be cast aside to have their spirits destroyed. Neptune and friends alongside Histoire, who was turned into a book, will step foot into a new kind of journey.

...so being 2D is literally a part of the story. I expect no less from this series.