Awoo.

Man attempted to rob 3 banks with a Toilet Plunger

Autosaver

UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - A Utica man faces felony charges. Police say he attempted to rob three different banks armed with a toilet plunger. Surveillance photos captured the suspect entering the Key Bank on Genesee Street Thursday afternoon.

Around 1:30 Thursday afternoon, Utica Police responded to the Key Bank for a report of an attempted robbery. Officers also were contacted by two other banks that said the man had also entered there and demanded money.

Bank employees say he came in started yelling obscenities, asking them to put money in a bag. Police say he threatened the tellers with the plunger.

Officers in an unmarked car responded to the scene and saw the suspect walking away. When the suspect saw the officers, he ran. Police caught up with him and took him into custody.

Lawrence Deptola, 49, of Cottage Place in Utica is charged with attempted robbery, a class "E" felony.

The plunger was recovered inside Citizen's Bank.

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-reports/UPD-Man-attempted-to-rob-three-banks-with-a-toilet-plunger-147253265.html

Oh thank god! I was worried that the plunger didn't make it. I'm calm now.

But seriously, a toilet plunger? I'm not complaining, but this guy definitely deserves to be awarded with "Robber of the Year". More like, Robber of All Time.

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't blame him for using a plunger as a weapon. Deadly little things.

Ever get one of those things stuck on your face? Sucks the air right out of you.

• Thumbs Up 2

A plunger? Really? Oh something's telling me this guy is gonna end up on worlds dumbest criminals.

He must have left his brain at home and took along the plunger instead wacko.png

If stupidity was an artform, this guy would be the freaking Mona Lisa. Truly a stunning example of how NOT to rob a bank. For bonus points, he isn't even wearing anything to conceal his identity.

Mario is short on coins or something?

Didn't expect him to have money problems.

Also he tried 3 banks.

Did the bank managers tell him "Sorry, but the money is in another bank."?

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 8

This guys tried to rob three, not one not two but THREE, banks? With a toilet plunger!?

This guy should be a comedian. You have to have a sense of humor to try to rob three places with a bathroom item.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, it works for the Daleks!

I...guess this is better than if he had brought a gun and actually caused some sort of panic? Granted, this was probably out of stupidity rather than actually caring about anyone else, but still. :P

I don't know what's worse: the guy for thinking he could get away with robbing banks with a toilet plunger, or the fact that he was able to attempt that three times before the police apprehended him.

• Thumbs Up 6

Of course, the first thing I fear when I see a robber walk into a bank is a toilet plunger.

• Thumbs Up 1

This guy kinda sounds like a badass honestly.

Guns? Fuck guns, those are pussy weapons! I'm a real man, I use a goddamn plunger, bitches!

• Thumbs Up 4

This exact event occurred in an episode of Chowder.

Did you just...make a new news story for FOX News?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a stupid crime I heard about where a thief thought squirting himself with lemon juice made him invisible when trying to rob a bank, needless to say ROBBERY FAIL!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a stupid crime I heard about where a thief thought squirting himself with lemon juice made him invisible when trying to rob a bank, needless to say ROBBERY FAIL!

...You serious?

At least he stuck with his original plan for a couple of times...He just couldn't resist going in and out.

I do not know what is a better robbery, A plunger or a Darth Vader mask.

I don't know what's worse: the guy for thinking he could get away with robbing banks with a toilet plunger, or the fact that he was able to attempt that three times before the police apprehended him.

I'd say it is a tie. Both senarios are hard to comprehend when you think about it...I can't believe that this guy got the opportunity to demonstrate himself as an idiot three times with a toilet plunger of all things.

I read this topic and got a good laugh out of it. It was much needed too as I had a very lousy day. So thank you all for article and the puns too. Thank you very much. smile.png

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 3

Looks like this criminal got, *puts on sunglasses*, plunged into custody!

YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

But seriously, stupid robber. A plunger is such an amazing weapon, amirite guys?

• Thumbs Up 5

It's a pretty effective close combat weapon if you tell the victim how recently it's been in a toilet before sticking it in their face.

• Thumbs Up 6

Anyone remember the guy dressed up as Darth Vader who robbed the bank? That's my bank.

I don't think they ever caught him.

Edited by Jay Rockman

I guess his common sense was clogged up at the time he robbed the bank. Hopefully when he regains it, it won't overflow into him and make his brain hurt.

Those two were the best I could come up with. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

DARN!!!

He beat me to it! I wanted to do it first!!! What I'm gonna do with those plungers now?! angry.png