Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

New-Super-Mario-Bros-2-Logo.jpg

Nintendo showed off....a logo at Nintendo Direct. All that is known about the game is it is aiming for North America & Japan in August 2012, and it's (obviously) on the 3DS.

I do wonder if it's a little early to be making this topic, but I figured why the hell not and let people voice what they expect to see in the game.

Personally, I just want the damn level design to be upgraded, as the Wii version was lacking in that aspect. Well that and the fact that there's no reason for this to not have Online.

Thoughts?

P.S. We're also getting a NSMB for the Wii-U, so I wonder if these two will have some connection possibly.

Edit: Flying Raccoon Mario and P-Meter confirmed

Edited by Nintendoga

As long as we get awesome power-ups and a good multiplayer that HAS ACTUAL CHARACTERS FOR 3RD AND 4TH PLAYER then i'm good.smile.png And yeah, no doubt the wii u version will somehow synch with this one considering their doing the same with super smash 3ds and wii u.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

You had me at P-Meter.

You'll have me even more with "Hammer Bro Mario"

You'll have me for life with "Kuribo's Shoe."

I haven't played with the 3DS for a while now, so this title should liven things up a tad when it comes out.

Screens

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo2_500.jpg

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo3_500.jpg

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo4_500.jpg

Wow, for a 3DS game, this looks like shittttttttt. Backgrounds are nice, but this looks more like a late DS game.

But hey, Golden Mario and Enemies.

And THIS 3D Land is how you use the raccoon tail

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna be honest and say while I thought DS was really easy, I loved NSMBWii, even when not fucking people over in coop.

But god damn it Nintendo, put some effort into it. It looks like something someone could make with the NSMBW level editor+ reusing powerups from old games. The 2D Mario games sell tons, even more than the Galaxy games, so there is no reason whatsoever to not give these games an actual fucking budget and visual style that isn't plastic.

Looks plasticy...Plasticy Plasticy plasticy.... Sonic4ep1.pngAdd that the logo for kirby is similar to sonic's 20th so they must be coping sonic which means......WALKING ON WALLS POWER UP CONFIRMED!!!

Nintendo teased a Tanooki Peach, so who knows.

The screens show that the P-Meter is only shown when Mario is Raccoon Mario, so you probably can't do those super speed jumps like in SMB3. Shame too, I liked the "BRINGRINGRINGRING" noise Mario makes when he runs.

Apparently this is confirmed for an August release by NoA. Not surprising since so much of the graphics are lazily reused.

Komo, if that's the case, what'll be the plot for the game? tongue.png

Oh, that's simple: Tatanga is back, and he kidnapped Daisy again for shits and giggles. Get her back and kick his ass.

... Okay, maybe not in those exact words, but you get the point.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, the 3DS is getting some releases in the Summer. That's good. I mean, Jesus Christ, fuck Summer droughts.

You know, I find it funny people complaining when, the reason this game is happening, is due to people complaining about 3DS not getting enough games. So what they do is make a game using an existing engine and assets, so they can quickly get out a fun title that can sell.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, judging from these screenshots, it's...exactly the f***ing same as the other two, tanuki suit aside. The graphics and level themes are both reused from the NSMB and NSMBW. I mean, at least Sonic 4: Episode 1 did that for nostalgia purposes. If this doesn't start looking more original or, if nothing else, doesn't have freaking impressive level design, this may be the first time I pass on a main series Mario game.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not complaining about the 3DS lineup, my only problem with it is that so many of the games I want just aren't out yet.

In this case, I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but I'm just annoyed that desptite the NSMB games getting massive sales, Nintendo won't put any effort towards it. I just want the games to progress, like SMB->SMB3->SMW did, but instead we're getting HEY REALLY SIMPLE 2D MARIO->NOW WITH CO-OP AND NOT AS EASY->NOW WITH POWER-UP REUSE

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, I find it funny people complaining when, the reason this game is happening, is due to people complaining about 3DS not getting enough games. So what they do is make a game using an existing engine and assets, so they can quickly get out a fun title that can sell.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't see how you could like NSMB and not Wii, incidentally. Wii is the one with the nice stage design.

There would be no problem with that if this game wasn't looking to be lazier than Dimps efforts at Sonic 4. Because it seriously looks lazier than Sonic 4.

Do you know how lazy that is?

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 3

And yet it will still be better than anything Dimps ever develops. Also, the Mario team finished the development of Super Mario 3D Land less than a year ago. Not to mention that they're developing Super Mario 4 for Wii U. The fuck do you want?

There's a possibilty it might play awesome, but it sure doesn't look awesome.

Instead of milking the Franchise for all it's worth and making a billion Mario games per-console, we could be getting a fewer amount of games but with a greater amount of effort put into them.

That's what I fucking want.

Edited by Ekaje

Wow those graphics really suck for a 3DS game. But I saw yellow shelled Koopas, so maybe we'll be getting different colored Yoshis again?

There would be no problem with that if this game wasn't looking to be lazier than Dimps efforts at Sonic 4. Because it seriously looks lazier than Sonic 4.

Do you know how lazy that is?

• Thumbs Up 3