Awoo.

The SSMB Super Sentai/Power Rangers Thread

Eternal EX

Now talk about a old good SATAM show. I remember waking up every.... saturday at....... to watch this. Oh wow the explosions, retarded monsters and BULK AND SKULL. Later after the original cast left it slowly went downhill, then once disney took it... well yeah you know what happens when disney gets a hold of something. *coughcrap* So yeah i went searching a few days ago for this show or a newer version of it. I found out (maybe rumor) they are about to stop making this series. Rumor has it their latest (and best since the original) RPM will be the end of the power rangers.

Anyways discuss the legacy of THE POWER RANGERS.

Edited by SHADIC360©

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• \Lennox

• BakingBluePotatoe

• Dr. Mechano

I'm surprised they're still going after more than a decade. Seems as long as there's some reference they can use i.e. Ninjas, Dinosaurs, Magic, Futuristic, Space, etc, they'll always be around until they use everything up.

I predict the next one will be Cyberspace (or did that one already happen?). :lol:

Bulk and Skull were the main reason I watched the show, and I'm sure that surprises no one who knows the sort of characters I like.

The rangers themselves just didn't really interest me as characters, I guess. But those two goofs were the highlight of every episode, as far as I'm concerned. Not only were they funny, but I found their genuine friendship with each other rather endearing. Plus there's their memorable

Edited by El Gran Gordo

This show is still on the air? When I used to work at the now defunct Kids Corner (daycare/preschool) center, I remember the kids would watch the original Power Rangers, not the latest version. I was surprised that they were watching the oldest version and they were into it. I didn't hear any of 'em complain that they wanted to see the newest one. Well it was a really old VHS tape of old episodes. As I watched over the kids and then watched the Power Rangers, it brought back some good memories of my childhood. My favorite Power Ranger was the green one. I thought he was pretty cool. Before the green one, the red one was my favorite.

Mystic Force was the last one I REALLY liked. Good mix of plot characters and design. I LOVED the whole magic thing and I thought they adapted and handled it really well. I've loved the Power Ranger since I was young and used to watch the original series on TV. I've caught bits and pieces of the series as it's gone on, recently mostly online. I remember what got me back into it was when we had cable for a short time and episodes of Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue used to come on. I caught the end of LG and then they repeated it so I got to watch the whole series and I rather liked it, especially that there was a much more solid story progression and that there were a lot of losses and 'deaths' which made me think that the series had really started to grow up.

I've shamefully thought up my own ideas for series of the show, one based on dragons (called Dragon Hearts I believe) where the rangers command mighty zords possessed by the spirits of ancient dragons and fight an evil dark lord from the twilight who desires the seven dragon hearts in order to revive himself. I remember thinking up some good plot ideas and twists including the fact that the dark lord was previously a ranger who commanded the dragon heart of destiny and had turned on his fellow rangers when his mother had been killed in the great war between dragons and men, and also a human female who worked for the dark lord and tried to fill herself with evil to impress him because she secretly loved him but denied her human emotions. She dies getting in the path of a deadly light arrow one of the dark lord's henchmen created when he planned to overthow the dark lord and become the evil emperor himself.

My other series idea actually involved the rangers being normal teens dragged into outerspace by a creature from another world seeking humans to help in saving his world. The creature mistakes the average human for heroes and kidnaps them in his shuttle to the distant world of Solna which has been devastated in his absence. The humans and the creature are ambushed by remaining soldiers of the conquering army who are driven off by a mysterious person dressed in a red suit. Turns out their saviour is a woman and is the red ranger who leads the power rangers the rest of whom were recently killed in a battle. It is shown that Earth is one of many planets protected by the Galactic Alliance who have formed a blockade to stop an evil race of beings from conquering the planets of the galaxy. Earth has been blissfully unaware of the war because it lacks technology to aid in the fight. The Solarians are the advanced race of human-like species who lead the war and can be cold by nature thus they do not care for the human's predicament. Of course turns out the humans can somehow control the ranger powers, a skill rare amongst Solarians and so they are signed up to helping them fight off the invaders and win the war.

The series I called D.D.F. 'Digital Defence Force' because the ranger powers are based off digital technology. The morphers are rectangular watch-like devices that strap to the wrist and have a slot through which a key card is swiped. After it is swiped the card pulls up a digital interface which the rangers interact with in order to equip their armour, access weapons and call the zords. I had many more ideas regarding this and the other series I invented but I think I have said too much already.

Whew... sorry about that! ^^'

I used to love Power Rangers! I used to collect the peices of the Megazord and put it together. As I got older I kinda stopped watching it but my younger sister still watches the newer series, Jungle Force or somthing. I don't get it to be honest theres a werewolf in it and it's odd...

I always thought that it would be cool if there was a Power Rangers/Godzilla crossover or even Power Rangers/Transformers

When I wasn't role playing with my friends and acting out the Sonic the Hedgehog games or tv shows. We were playing Power Rangers. It was FANTASTIC fun. I mean I used to like the one where they turned into animals and was it Rita who was the main bad guy along with Zedd. I didn't watch them religiously but if they were on during my Saturday Morning routine and nothing else was on the other Saturday Morning shows I would watch it.

I did enjoy it - I also had one of those Zord action figures that joined and twisted to make a big red dragon. I LOVED it.

I remember the original Power Rangers. I believe that I lost interest at Zeo, since it started to become watered down at that point for me. I did like both movies, though. Of all the villains, Ivan Ooze was my favorite. Rita and Zedd when they became a couple were funny too, and the Nostalgia Critic even referred to them as the Ricky and Lucy of the series.

It's one of those shows that hasn't changed, ever, in any of the episodes. It started off rather cool because it was different than usual, but now it is EXACTLY the same thing for every episode. Sadly, another show that lost my interest with time.

Power Rangers was one of my favorite shows, behind Barney, Sesame Street, and Teletubbies.

The theme song was great, and that was what made me like it. Often times, if I don't like the theme song of a show, I won't like the show.

I used to watch it when I was a kid, the original ones. There wasn't a kid who didn't watch it in those days, at least not the boys.

Edited by Rave92

'AHHHHH, AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE, ITS TIME TO CONQUER EARTH'. Most amazing start to any program ever, the fact that Rita isn't phased AT ALL that she'd been locked away for 10,000 years is hilarious, even moreso the fact its EXACTLY 10,000 years, how presise XD. Sucked after series, it lost the extreme cheesiness that made it awesome, much like TMNT =/

Never liked it, personally. I may be biased because it's part of the reason SatAM got canceled, but eh. Cheap special effects, use of stock Japanese Sentai footage, the fact that it just kept going and going. It was...okay, but I really just never got into it. Doesn't help that it scared me as a kid. :B

A lil bias? Yeah. But still for a 90's saturday morning show that started with a fairly low budget and took a shit load of the jap version. It was good. I youtube the movie like a few days ago and laughed like hell. "the power rangers, WHERE MY AUTOGRAPH BOOK" Best line EVER!!

I really like the newest season, RPM.

I really love the Green Ranger, Ziggy in this. xD

hahahah. it's funny how he's chicken. xD

and Ziggy's "What the f-WOAH!" from that ep......... BEST. LINE. EVER. in this series. xD

and that one remark Flynn's father made about his obsession with Superheroes... I was like "OH THE IRONY." xD

oh, and there was at least one on-screen death... and we're only 10 episodes into this season... and to think this is a kids show. xD

Edited by Blue Streak

This season is actually the best disney has done! Operation overdrive was good but nowhere near as good as RPM.

This season is actually the best disney has done! Operation overdrive was good but nowhere near as good as RPM.

Yeah. I really love the whole "Future Doomsday" thing they have going on there. =3

Haha. It's the last haven and we still have a freaking mafia. xD

I may acctually buy some RPM stuff if I find any. =3

Man, I loved Power Rangers when I was growing up. I remember we'd always play POwer Rangers on the playground at school XD. I got out of Power Rangers when I found other shows to watch on other networks, but honestly, if I ever come across a box set or a pirate I'd probably snag it.

I'd also like to compare it to the newer Rangers some day. I bet its still just as cheesy XD.

Looking back on it, this was an awful show. The acting and the situations were so formulaic and dumb. If I would've known they weren't really fighting in those costumes, it wouldn't have been as cool. But I ate it up when I was seven. This and a related show called VR Troopers, which I thought had a much better premise than Power Rangers.

I always wanted those Morphin action figures that flipped from the character's face to the helmet, but my mother wouldn't get them for me cause she thought the show was mindless and would make me fight kids at school. Ahh, the '90s. But it's still going. I'm surprised the franchise has so much selling power. What are they at now, seventh generation rangers?

Does anyone remember the Superhuman Samurai Fighting Squad? They went into computers to fight viruses and stuff.

Edited by Badnikz

This and a related show called VR Troopers,

Does anyone remember the Superhuman Samurai Fighting Squad? They went into computers to fight viruses and stuff.

OH MY FREAKIN GOSH! I thought I was the only human who knew those shows existed. lol Beetle borgs anyone?

I didn't like it. There was lots of really overdone and bad acting, possibly the worst that has ever been on TV screens. Hell, even the 'trained professionals' in the suits didn't even look all that professional when all they did was flail about while the voice actors would dub over them. You know, their old flamboyant arm swings to show they were saying something? It was all really OTT though, similiar in a way to a bad martial arts movie with the lip-sync out. The dialogue was cheesy and the voice acting was just horrible, not convincing and just sounded pathetic. And when the professional guys in the suits had to do a fall after getting punched or kicked or whatever, you could actually see them jump which made the subsequent flailing in the middle of the air look pathetic. The professionals were even crap at what they did.

Bulk and Skull were good though. Their silly antics did prove a good break from the rangers. Probably cause they were meant to be insanely retarded unlike the rangers who still looked somewhat mentally challenged during the fights.

Power Rangers was just so bland and terribly OTT it was horrible, I was surprised it got past a single season. I guess the main reason kids liked it was because they actually wanted to be a Power Ranger so they could kick the arse of that big bully down the street who would always steal their pocket money.

I never liked Power Rangers. When I was little, I never liked Power Rangers or Transformers (the only Transformers thing I even like is the live-action movie), I always seemed to like action shows with females instead, like Totally Spies for example (I just hate that show now).

One guy I used to work with said "I don't understand why I am never promoted, I have a Bachelor's degree, and I know every single Power Ranger!!! :huh: So some people still watch the show.

Like many of you, I enjoyed MMPR a lot during my childhood...it was never my favorite show or something, but I still liked to watch it :3

Sadly, things have not changed that much since 1993. I remember when Zeo appeared, it was pretty much a "reloaded" version of the original MMPR, they were not bad but not as good as the original ones. The only ones I liked later were Power Rangers in Space, because in my opinion that chapter had a decent story, and the finale was very emotive, but again almost every episode was similar.

I can't believe it still exists, the concept is getting abused and is getting too old, like it has been said, Disney got it and ruined it :/

The only ones I liked later were Power Rangers in Space, because in my opinion that chapter had a decent story, and the finale was very emotive,

Okay I thought I was the only one who thought IN SPACE was one of the best seasons I mean the finale was by far the best and it basically ended the storys for season 1 til that point. Hell if the show would've ended at that point I'd be one happy person.

Off topic: your pikas sig is in sync with my song. :P