Awoo.

Ron Paul: The Road to Revolution

-Robin-

You just can't make this shit up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1339254269/ron-paul-road-to-revolution

The Poster Reward:

ron_poster.jpg

About the Game

The Road to REVOLution is a sidescrolling platformer action/adventure game, reminiscent of console classics like Super Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog.

You play the role of Ron Paul and make your way across all 50 states collecting Gold (sound money) and Delegates.

The game is full of original artwork and gameplay mechanics. Indie Game Development at its finest, the game is designed, programmed, conceived, and produced by me, D.S. Williams.

The game is built in HTML5, and will hopefully be converted into apps for i* and android platforms.

Collect Delegates to ensure your seat as the President, collect Gold Coins to unlock branches of the Federal Reserve where you defeat bosses and progress your quest to end the Federal Reserve.

Features:

50+ Levels designed around each of the United States

13 Boss Fights representing each branch of the Federal Reserve and a Final Boss

Challenging puzzle-platformer element. There's no 'beating up monsters until they're dead' aspect. You must guide the baddies through each level.

original soundtrack (music in video by between cathedrals)

bonus unlockable characters

Platform-independent game. The game will run on any device that supports Javascript - Tested on Linux, Mac, and Windows Browsers

The game will be free to play in your browser. I hope to develop mobile versions of the game as well.

Some screenshots from the Texas level (alpha, may not represent final product):

bouncing.jpg

punching.jpg

oil.jpg

Development

I hope to have the game finished and ready by July 2012. The beta version will be ready by mid-June, but I'm a perfectionist.

This project started as a proof of concept but quickly became a passion project. Almost immediately after the idea popped into my head I was busy coding. My motivation comes from many places, but I'm primarily driven to make this game my gift to the liberty-loving community, as well as fans of classic gaming.

The Mission

Through this game, and others, my sincere hope is to perpetuate the spirit of Indie Games, which I feel is sort of the last bastion of 'Free' gaming. There is so much red tape that game developers face in the world of gaming today that destroys what may have been some of our favorite games.

Indie Gaming, I hope, will thrive in the face of dull, spiritless, cloned, big-budget games. Not every game created has to be the 'best game', but they could at least be fun. But what makes a game fun? To that I'd have to say that it's both a science and an art, and that it's purely subjective. Fun *should* be subjective, and that's what makes Indie Gaming so great: the games cost virtually nothing to produce, they can take greater risks, and they don't have to go through the 'creative' oversight of a publisher. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but I hope to at least share why I'm so passionate about the games I make.

I appreciate the guy's enthusiasm for Indie gaming, above all else. I may actually get it if it comes to fruition.

Edited by Modern Tom
  • Thumbs Up 6

I can tell that this isn't a game made for Libertarians by Libertarians. If it was, Ron Paul would be collecting Bitcoins.

Edited by Kintobor

Let me guess, Obama's gonna be the final boss isn't he? Well joking aside this does look a bit interesting. Wonder what my home state will look like.