Awoo.

What do you want to see in Episode 3?

Big Boss (legendsneverdie)

It's fairly safe to say that we will be seeing a third episode of Sonic 4, so what would you like to see when it comes around?

I'd like to see the physics get refined a little, (better rolling, etc.) Knuckles and Tails fully playable, co-op as an optional feature instead of a requirement, actual Sonic 3 & Knuckles style lock on, and Metal Sonic having a full length campaign.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's see IF Ep 3 comes out at some point. What's i'd like to see is:

-Same graphics with the AA system Autosaver said and JezMM explained to me.

-Tails and Knuckles. This time around having them as 1st player in Single Player even though i don't see it happening.

-Metal Sonic returning, Super Emeralds, more of those awesome cutscenes and another bunch of tropes.

- I am pretty sure there'll be the same amount of Zones/levels so Ep 2 length works just fine. Red Rings returning. Gives good replay value. Bound to see a modernized version of Sonic 3 Special Stages.

- Elemental shields apart from the green bubble.

From the above i can see only Knuckles and Metal Sonic returning + new tropes happening for sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Less of these please

cMMrz.png

and a improvement on the music too even though I do like the music in the game (Besides Act 2 of Oil Desert Zone) I think it should evolve at Episode 3 (seeing how music changed A LOT in Sonic 3 & Knuckles from Sonic 1/2) and make use of proper instruments than a sound font. (really this should off happened in Episode 2)

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 2

Alright, here's my list:

-Improvement of physics and handling so they mirror S3K.

-NO Booster spam. Keep them as level specific gimmicks like the classics.

-Level design along the lines of S3K, with it's awesome speed-platforming-exploration balance.

-Graphics of Ep 2, with the high AA system that Frok was talking about.

-Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all playable on their own.

Story elements played out in-game most of the time with an occasional cutscene like S3K.

-Original levels and badniks all the way.

-Go so far as to EXPAND on the classic movesets by adding an extra move to the characters. Sonic: Wall Jump, Tails: Tail spin ala SA1 and Knuckles: Dig.

-Music made with actual instruments

-And to top it off, re-release Ep 1 and 2 in this style, and make lock on (well, digital lock on) for Sonic 4 complete.

I know this may be impossible, but hey, I can dream, right?

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see Episode 3 not exist.

Reasons:

• Episode 1 and 2 are disjointed enough as they are. It's hard to believe they're supposed to be the same game.
  • The physics engine probably can't be made much better. It works in such a way that's hugely different to the Classics, that making things like rolling work right is going to be very difficult if not impossible. E1, EM, E2 and Generations 3DS use the same engine. None of them work right, and it's not far-fetched to assume E2 is perhaps the closest they'll get.
  • The story of E2/EM explains E1, and this time there aren't really any loose ends to tie up. I'm going to guess the currently missing ending could be used just as easily in Sonic 5 or something else.
  • Sonic 4 is a Dimps game, and I don't think it'll ever be brought up to a higher standard. They've proven themselves incapable after they've had so many chances.
  • I'd rather get a full new 2D game with multiple characters, a new story and new ideas. If we got Episode 3, then it'd be four levels of potentially some of the things we want.
  • Sonic 4 is really odd the way it uses pseudo-retro music, modern graphics (in a very poor way in E1) and a gameplay style that's neither one or the other. It's quite a mess. Going about fixing it will only make it more disjointed.
  • It really fails to live up to S3K any way. Lets say E3 can match it in terms of anything, it'll still only be four levels long and overpriced. I'd rather a full game.

This.

I'd also like to add that I would love to have a side-series dedicated to modernizing the classics; in the same sense as Generations. Generations absolutely nailed the visuals (classic character designs and fantastic modernizations of the classic art style) and music (modern music that homages the style of the music on the Genesis, rather than music that deliberately limits itself by using an out-of-date soundfont), with the only thing in need of improvement being the physics engine. Considering fans have managed to mod the game for near-perfect results, it's certainly possible.

I want a sequel to the classics, not another addition to a game that's already a cluttered mess.

• Thumbs Up 6

To be honest, they should just cut their losses. I'd rather see another Rush game anyway, at least I can lower my expectations for that considering its a different game style rather than it trying to be something it isn't.

To be honest, they should just cut their losses. I'd rather see another Rush game anyway, at least I can lower my expectations for that considering its a different game style rather than it trying to be something it isn't.

Honestly, I'd much rather play a Rush-style game with Episode II production values than what we've currently been getting. Episode II, to me, looks really fun and based on the videos I've seen so far I'm definitely going to buy it, but if they even remade Rush with the newer graphics engine I'd probably enjoy it more than either Episode.

• Thumbs Up 8

Without real lock on these episodes are too disjointed for me to ever enjoy. They feel like mini games instead of a real game. It wouldn't be a big deal if episodes could lock on, but they don't thanks to the awful planning of Dimps/Sega. So even though episode 2 looked decent and episode 3 could be even better I just don't care because you won't be able to start in the first level of ep 1 and finish at the end of ep 3 without having to quit one episode and load up the next. Lame.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see Episode II and III locking on, if they plan on making it a more cohesive experience. The problem with Ep I - II lock on is that they're so different in basically everything; physics, level design, graphics, music, etc. If they keep the same engine for the last two Episodes it's possible that the lock-on could be handled better.

I'd hate for Ep 2 and 3 to have perfect lock-on while Ep 1 and 2 don't. D= They've done it like this so I'd rather they just finish off the game with Ep 3 being another seperate little smaller game and then... hell they don't even have to do Sonic 5, but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd hate for Ep 2 and 3 to have perfect lock-on while Ep 1 and 2 don't. D= They've done it like this so I'd rather they just finish off the game with Ep 3 being another seperate little smaller game and then... hell they don't even have to do Sonic 5, but yeah.

Eh, I dunno. It'd be nice for there to be meaningful lock-on for the next game.

Speaking of which, it'd be nice if it was released sooner than 2 years later, I don't see why that's so much to ask for a cheap experience. Rayman Origins is getting a sequel not even a year after it's original release, why can't the same be said for Episode II? It can't possibly take more effort to bump out another 18 stages than it does for Ubisoft to create their 60+ in the Rayman games.

• Thumbs Up 1

E2 probably took so long because of all the changes having to be considered, meaning the game had to probably be totally replanned from what it originally was and then Dimps had to make Generations 3DS and then I doubt that SEGA wanted E2 to go up against Generations.

For Episode 3 I would like to see:

- Sega to have a bigger budget for Ep3. I would be amazed if Ep2 does not sell well.

- I think we are stuck with the four zones so it would be nice to see even better graphics (so no lock on). Real high quality music not trying to mimic megadrive/genesis. A professional artist of two. Remember how the Sonic 3 music was sort of influenced by Michael Jackson.

- More characters. Knuckles obviously. Maybe they should introduce a brand new character. Bring back Mecha Sonic to team up with Metal! The new Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad.

- Make the co-op optional rather than forced. Expand the levels so exploration is rewarded. S3&K level designs badly needed.

- I think the return of the mini boss (maybe in act 2 of each zone) is worth a look at.

- Make it so that you loose all of of your rings if Sonic is hit.

- New bonus stages that can be activated by touching the star post (like in S3&K).

- Maybe use the Time Stones instead of the chaos emeralds for a change. Or how about the Super Emeralds. I want to play as Super Tails and Hyper Knuckles again.

- Levels that flow seemless from act to act without the screen going blank. Like in S3&K.

- Debug mode.

I don't think I am asking too much. I think getting Knuckles is a safe bet now that his burger bar has been burned to the ground (by Sonic in 'Sonic for Hire' season four)!

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Speaking of Michael Jackson, I had a thought last night: how cool would it have been if MJ had his complaints about the Genesis music capabilities answered with a special Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the SEGA CD complete with CD quality songs from MJ? Sort of like how Ecco and Earthworm Jim had Genesis/SEGA CD versions. I would have killed for a game like that.

• Thumbs Up 7

Speaking of Michael Jackson, I had a thought last night: how cool would it have been if MJ had his complaints about the Genesis music capabilities answered with a special Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the SEGA CD complete with CD quality songs from MJ? Sort of like how Ecco and Earthworm Jim had Genesis/SEGA CD versions. I would have killed for a game like that.

I think (I could be wrong) that it was actually SEGA's initial intention for S3&K to be released on the SEGA CD and not the SEGA Genesis. S3&K is the best Sonic game ever made (in my opinion). If S3&K had been made on SEGA CD with MJ music then it would have been truely amazing!

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles

Music that isn't made to sound like a genesis/megadrive titles

more levels

better character animations

more original content

but to be fair i don't want to see Episode 3 either, just give me a new title that doesn't lend from past successors, i want something new, and fresh

i've already played the classics to death

i've already played adventure to death

i've already played 3D/2D speed fests to death

its time SEGA moved on and brought something new to the table.

maybe a Sonic Battle Sequel? i don't know, just something that isn't Classic,Adventure or Unleashed/Generations

its time SEGA moved on and brought something new to the table.

maybe a Sonic Battle Sequel? i don't know, just something that isn't Classic,Adventure or Unleashed/Generations

Sonic Battle was a spin-off, a totally different genre of gameplay. If they dared to release such a thing as a main game it would do nothing but harm to the series. D=

See: Common reaction to Black Knight, a glorified scrolling beat-em-up that fancied itself as a Sonic platformer.

Edited by JezMM

Sonic Battle was a spin-off, a totally different genre of gameplay. If they dared to release such a thing as a main game it would do nothing but harm to the series. D=

See: Common reaction to Black Knight, a glorified scrolling beat-em-up that fancied itself as a Sonic platformer.

i know i was just trying to think of something outside of the typical sonic norm, and could only think of Sonic Battle lol =P

just want something fresh and new, give the other characters some minor but important roles again, quite frankly i'm sick of just being able to play as sonic, i actually praised Black Knight for letting you be the other characters in the main stages.

Ep. 3? Why Not

- Improvements over physics, only better rolling is needed

5 Zones if fine for me

- Beach/California themed level: mix between Emerald Coast and City Escape

- Shopping Mall themed level, with carnival elements

- a halloween/scary themed level

- Angel Island

- Lava/Underground base level

- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles as main playable characters.

- Unique Special Stages for Chaos Emeralds. Super Knuckles

- Metal Knuckles return

- Returns of the 4 Shields, with two new more: Air Shield, that makes Sonic glide like Knuckles but slower, and the Earth Shield, that would be like pink wisp

- Tails having the flight ability, as well as the tail attack, on the ground and in the air (B button). Spindash. Less speed

- Knuckles gliding and climbing, as well as punches. Spindash. Less speed

- Sonic Having insta-shield (A+X) and Homing Attack (A+A). he's the fastest, with fastest spin dash and the only one that can use shields' powers.

- After completing the game you unlock the Extra Mode where u can play the game again with a team co-op a la Sonic Heroes (or with 2 chars), in which you can switch the leader and beeing able to use Shields and homing attack with Sonic, fly and swim with Tails and glide and climb with Knuckles

- Multiplayer modes, up to 4 players for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 and up to 3 players for a 3 chars team based mode. Amy as Multiplayer character, with double jump and Piko Piko attacks.

- Red Rings used for unlocking Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles for Multiplayer. Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles beeing clones to Sonic and Knuckles, with different animations and handling

- more cutscenes and a link to Sonic Adventure

and finally a ultimate lock one feature, with an on disk release of Sonic 4 Complete Edition with:

FULL Ep 1,2,3, E Metal. Episode 1 and Metal to be upgraded both graphically and technically. you can play the episodes singularly

Episode Full: Lock on abilities that includes going through the whole bunch of levels with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, new plot with Mecha Sonic as secret final Boss.

Episode Red (featuring Metal Knuckles)

Episode Egg (mini game with Eggman playable, a platform shooting, something like his gameplay in SA2 ported in 2D)

Multiplayer in all the levels, as well as some new multiplayer. Still Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles

Super Emeralds as extra and Hyper Forms (Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails)

Ok, maybe that's a "little" too much tongue.png

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Assuming Episode 3 does happen, I'll accept nothing less than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playable individually with S3K level design, encompassing both character specific routes and the sheer expansiveness of the stages as a whole. Sonic only in E1 disappointed people, and they couldn't have troll'd harder with the 'inclusion' of Tails in E2.

Calling it now though- physics will still be the same as they are in E2.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

What do you want to see in episode 3

I would like for people to get along and not fight over it.

The only thing I could possibly ask besides this is much better level design, and for someone who is ever in charge of it to put a bit more love into it. That's all I would like please and thank you.

Assuming Episode 3 does happen, I'll accept nothing less than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playable individually with S3K level design, encompassing both character specific routes and the sheer expansiveness of the stages as a whole. Sonic only in E1 disappointed people, and they couldn't have troll'd harder with the 'inclusion' of Tails in E2.

Calling it now though- physics will still be the same as they are in E2.

I totally agree with you Blue Blood. However, I think we will both be disappointed. As long as SEGA do a Sonic CD 2011 and give us a S3&K HD, Widescreen (Christian Whitehead) re-release prior to ep3 then that would sweeten the deal.

Hell, maybe Ep3 will be based on Sonic 3D Blast, lol.