Awoo.

What do you want to see in Episode 3?

Big Boss (legendsneverdie)

I would like to the return of Knuckles as a playable character, proper lock-on with all episodes allowing Tails and Knuckles to go through all of the game like in Sonic3&Knuckles. Super Transformations for them and to have Tails as main character in single player. Amy would be a nice inclusion as well. Also non repetitive music for the stages and boss's.

Knuckles

A Good physics engine

Less Speed Boosters

Good Level Design

and good music (no meowing)

Edited by Omega

Knuckles

Same amount of speed boosters as E2

better rolling

expand Sonic 4's story even more

Edited by Grimchi3f

Knuckles

Same amount of speed boosters as E2

better rolling

expand Sonic 4's story even more

more universal appeal with sonic fans

• Thumbs Up 5

And come on, saying Sonic 4 should have boosters to appeal to more fans is like saying it should introduce team mechanics for the Heroes fans to like it mo-

tumblr_m32k8e0tte1qg3r6a.gif

Yeah, Shortly after I posted that I realized that I contradicted myself! Speedboosters in Sonic 4 does not equal universal appeal! Of course, I myself actually enjoy the speedboosters... although, I can't pinpoint exactly why.

But hey, the classics are some of my favorites too! Sonic 3 and Sonic CD 2011 are my second and third favorite games of all time, right under Generations. It's not my fault I like Sonic 4(E1) almost as much as them... I find it an extremely fun game, wonky physics and all. I haven't played E2 so I can't say too much about the gameplay as of yet.

But hey, the classics are some of my favorites too! Sonic 3 and Sonic CD 2011 are my second and third favorite games of all time, right under Generations.

Funnily enough dude, my top five list starts almost exactly same way. Just put CD in second and 3&K in third.

It's not my fault I like Sonic 4(E1) almost as much as them... I find it an extremely fun game, wonky physics and all. I haven't played E2 so I can't say too much about the gameplay as of yet.

It's just that we have to disagree here. :P

i think sega said episode 2 is the fina

Then that means that you missed all the latest finds.

For now I can think of Knuckles and maybe different instrumentation for the tracks

Get out of the classic's shadow and expand. Develop the sidescrolling gameplay and modernize it. I want walljumping. climbing. more acrobatic movement. I'm personally sick and tired of limiting the supposed sequel to the classic games with the same simple moves we've had since 1992. I expect a sequel to expand the core gameplay and improve it, not just rehash the same basic gameplay to sell itself on nostalgia.

Rusty has some major points. The Homing attack is the best example, and they could use the power of shields, as well as new ones (like my early posted idea). Now that I think about it even a Stomp move could give some fresh air

No rehashes, no homages, no Badniks from previous games. Make it look completely original.

• Thumbs Up 3

No rehashes, no homages, no Badniks from previous games. Make it look completely original.

Even Sonic 3 & Knuckles used modified versions of old badniks.

In terms of location design it would be nice if the game took place entirely on the partly mechanised Little Planet, so they could take inspiration from Sonic CD's more unusual art style (but without rehashing any levels this time thanks). Unless, of course, Eggman has already finished the Death Egg Mk II by the end of Episode 2. In which case those who have played it can disregard that idea...

An obvious idea is to revisit Angel Island but there would need to be a reason for Eggman to want to steal the Master Emerald again. I really don't want a regurgitation of S3&K's story for the sake of making another Episode. I wouldn't be satisfied with it being used to resurrect the Death Egg again. (Like I said though, I haven't played Episode 2 or read many spoilers so for all I know the Death Egg is all fine and dandy still)

Even Sonic 3 & Knuckles used modified versions of old badniks.

In such a way they looked completely different. I don't see a problem with that. Fullboar in yellow/white is Motobug, in red it's Rhinobot, Monkey Dude is Coconuts, Masher is Chopper and of course there's a plethora of Orbinauts. I'm cool with that sort of thing. Actually brining back old Badniks without so much as a new look seems lazy.

Not to mention the vast majority of them were new altogether.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

Then that means that you missed all the latest finds.

For now I can think of Knuckles and maybe different instrumentation for the tracks

well i havent kept that much track of the EP4 stuff Lol sorry,i never liked EP1 much and i diddnt get EP2 yet *heads straight to google*

I want a new game that's better than Sonic 3, not a Sonic 3 rehash, which is what we're gonna get.

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 2

I want a new game that's better than Sonic 3, not a Sonic 3 rehash, which is what we're gonna get.

That's nearly impossible. Of course, I wouldn't mind getting a Sonic 3 rehash. Sonic 3 doesn't get enough love from Sega (Generations I'm looking at you).

Just makes you wonder what Sonic 4 could have been had it been made back in 1995. The story SEGA could have come up with. Would the game have been in 3d isometric (like 3d Blast)? I believe that SEGA did consider making Sonic 3&K in isometric form back in 1994 but decided against it.

Oh well so this is what we get. Just over two weeks before we finally get to play Ep2. Still looking forward to seeing what it is like. If there is an Ep3 I hope SEGA/Dimps give us Sonic fans a top quality Sonic game, which how should I put it.....that we like.

Drop the 3 act system altogether and go back to 2 acts. Maybe that would increase the levels of zones?

Better level design.

Less speed boosters.