Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

even if they just used the Flagman for the OutRun track would be better than nothing!

I think it would be pretty cool, if during the credits, just to the side as they roll up, theres Flagman, dancing.

Actually saying that, I wonder if theres gonna be any surprises in the credits. Only because the last few Sega games they've made the credits a little more than just 'black screen, white text slowly scrolling up.'

Sonic Colors: Using different wisps to play around with the credits

Sonic Generations: Watching gameplay from the original versions of the stages

Sonic 4 episode 2: Sonic and tails are falling from the death egg?

This:Driving past the credits maybe?

I think it would be pretty cool, if during the credits, just to the side as they roll up, theres Flagman, dancing.

Actually saying that, I wonder if theres gonna be any surprises in the credits. Only because the last few Sega games they've made the credits a little more than just 'black screen, white text slowly scrolling up.'

like this?

FREESTYLE

• Thumbs Up 2

like this?

FREESTYLE

That would be SO awesome, more like with the entire cast dancing.

If ASRT had a slight reference to Crash Team Racing I'd buy a hundred copies from this game. Seriously, I love Crash Team Racing.

How exactly is he supposed to hold a flag, anyway?

Opa-Opa,_profile.gif

It could just be stuck in him. Or maybe it's "magically" waved around. Maybe the flag replaces his wings.

It could also be Chip...

Instead of revealing more of ASR (or revealing nothing?), they could just focus on the other versions of the game. This way, we can learn more about the other versions without having droughts of information or spoiling too early. A lot of people have been asking about other versions and it would be cool to see the progress so far on them.

Speaking of other versions, can you please make an iOS version Sumo! The original was incredibly popular and even ended up winning "APP OF THE WEEK". I'm sure the success would carry onto the sequel even if it means pricing it low and having limited content.

please don't make an iOS version.

...Why? Since when has making a version (or port of the 3DS game just like Rhythm Thief) for a large audience a bad thing? I like taking my iPod on the go, and I loved to play the original ASR on it. Really now, what is the problem exactly? HD Retina Display racing on a multimedia device. Though, it might be a little complicated since the Z axis is involved but I'm sure tilting it forward/backward could be used to move the ship up and down.

Is it really that big of a deal that an iOS version exists? If it is profitable for Sumo to make a port or a version with a small amount of levels, I say why not? Extend the fanbase passed consoles and portables and onto devices that have sold millions of units. There is a large userbase out there and ASR Transformed is one of the only "hardcore" racing games that people would have access too. There is a reason ASR did so well on the iOS, what does it have to compete with? Mario Kart? Oh, that's a Nintendo game.

I think the flagman may actually be the guy from space harrier. Indeed Opa Opa has no hands otherwise I would have thought it was him

Edited by Djawed

So I heard on the SEGAbits Podcast that there is some form of co-op multiplayer mode, Kori from SEGAbits also mentioned that there' s a 4 Player Campaign co-op mode too!

I hope that's the case.

I also think the flagman is Ristar, he cameo'd in the previous game, what's to say that Ristar has a cameo again?

^ Ristar can't fly, though, so he could neither wave the flag in the air section nor hover above the water in that section.

About Opa-Opa; he could hold the flag with one wing while flapping the other (although I'd rather he were a racer).

^ Ristar can't fly, though, so he could neither wave the flag in the air section nor hover above the water in that section.

About Opa-Opa; he could hold the flag with one wing while flapping the other (although I'd rather he were a racer).

Perhaps not, but I can't see Opa Opa holding a flag as Opa Opa's not a character that holds things per se....

Unless it's wings ARE the flags...since Opa Opa is known for carrying strange items (The Tear for instance).

It could also be a Burning Ranger.

Edited by Ruhm

I wonder if Ristar is the character that they had trouble with and scrapped? I mean, the game itself doesn't really have any vehicles does it? And in terms of creating a vehicle that fits Ristar and his game, I can imagine it would be difficult to nail down a decent design. Not to mention the character wasn't built for 3D. As said many times before, he's a black ball in front of a yellow star from behind.

I don't know. I just don't see Sonic Team being that fussy about it. Why would they be so concerned about the portrayal of a character they haven't used in so long and probably won't again?

So there was news things in that podcast?

It sucks that I cant understan spoken english sad.png

I'd tell you the details, but it's quite hard to note everything they've mentioned but;

Characters are unlocked via the Challenges in the Story Mode was the impression.

Co-op seems to be more implemented this time around, I heard it can be used on an Online Campaign too!

The water in the game took awhile to create, as they couldn't do anything until that was sorted.

Air Drifting is something never done before, so they had to think of how to implement that.

You can go above the temple in Dragon's Canyon in one of the Challenges you are given.

The stickers are apparently hard to obtain, and to get the final one, it requires getting every single sticker.

The stickers themselves are more akin to badges and you need a collection of them to use them from what it said on the podcast.

They haven't implemented the Flagman's dance on the OutRun Stage just yet but they plan to.

There's much more to it then that but that is all I can remember.

Edited by Ruhm

As I've said before, I don't see why Ristar being a black ball from behind is such a problem? With the drifting, barrel rolls and continuous taunting you aren't just going to see the back of the character.

I'm still very intrigued to who the scrapped character could be... I do like Billy Hatcher but his vehicle seemed very uninspired in the first game (though I suppose I could say the same of Amigo and AiAi) and his game doesn't really have a unique art style worth drawing inspiration from to create a vehicle, hence everything based on that game just ends up being related to, well... eggs >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

If Billy were the lost character I'd be very happy. Yeah, I'm an asshole. But I've really grown to dislike the level of Hatcherness the first ASR had. It didn't bother me at first, but after a while I started to get annoyed by the fact that he had three stages and a roster slot. Thats a bit too much for a franchise like Billy Hatcher (which isn't really a franchise, given it had one game). This outing, I think he'd be best left out. I mean, if any of these characters are not in Transformed: Ryo, Ulala, Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter characters, Opa Opa. And Billy Hatcher IS in, I'll cry fowl foul.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Billy were the lost character I'd be very happy. Yeah, I'm an asshole. But I've really grown to dislike the level of Hatcherness the first ASR had. It didn't bother me at first, but after a while I started to get annoyed by the fact that he had three stages and a roster slot. Thats a bit too much for a franchise like Billy Hatcher (which isn't really a franchise, given it had one game). This outing, I think he'd be best left out. I mean, if any of these characters are not in Transformed: Ryo, Ulala, Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter characters, Opa Opa. And Billy Hatcher IS in, I'll cry fowl foul.

I think we're going to at least see a Hatcher track since, after Seaside Hill was revealed, S0L said not to be surprised if a couple of other tracks returned. As a track each from JSR, Monkey Ball, Samba and Heroes are already confirmed, that really only leaves Billy Hatcher and House of the Dead from the last game. If he has a track and isn't a racer, then he'll probably appear in it.

To be honest I'm not bothered either way.

Edited by Pawn