Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

This final unlockable character won't please me...I'll put "Dunce" all over my profile if this final unlockable character does please me. Segata will not please me and it's looking most likely him.

Well, we already know of a third mystery guest which may or may not be a PC exclusive. Also, they could slip in something for PS3 given that they don't get an avatar car. Perhaps a Sony character? Doubtful, but not impossible.

Kazuma Kiryu, I need it after him missing Playstation All-Stars.

Maybe Toro? Sony wants to make him popular in the west now.

Kazuma Kiryu, I need it after him missing Playstation All-Stars.

Maybe Toro? Sony wants to make him popular in the west now.

Thing is, though, unless marketing dollars pay for it (Ralph and Danica being cross-pormotions) or a console maker pays for it, I can't see SEGA spending the time and money on a SEGA character exclusive to one console. S0L seems to imply that it costs a LOT to develop one racer, so I just can't see a SEGA character being exclusive to one console. One platform, perhaps (like only on HD consoles or only on portables).

Is anyone else holding out on pre-ordering this until all the console-exclusive guest characters are revealed? I'd naturally get this on 360 but I'm still not sure if it'll be the right choice in the long run due to guests.

Uh, I have a question, a dumb one: will the characters still have their theme music when they activate the all-star move? I sorta heard a chiptune version of Reach for the Stars during Sonic's all-star move on that "old" Wii U footage. Can you say something, S0L? smile.png

All-Star moves have unique music and they're all remixed. Good chance it wasn't in there for the old WiiU demo version :P

---

S0L

---

Not sure if it's worth posting this. NYCC 2012 footage.

It's not as up to date as the Play Expo is... though I've not noticed that odd eyeball thing by the weapons icon before.

*goes and watches the play expo video.*

That eyeball thing isn't there either, is this something new or something old thats been removed?

It's not as up to date as the Play Expo is... though I've not noticed that odd eyeball thing by the weapons icon before.

It's gameplay footage... Why not?

I know this guy... He posted it on SEGA forums. I copied his impressions a few pages back.

*goes and watches the play expo video.*

That eyeball thing isn't there either, is this something new or something old thats been removed?

The eyeball thing was a placeholder for where the mods are shown in-game to remind you which one you picked. It's actually a bug, though one that was fixed. That places the NYCC demo at... Oh two weeks old. Unlike the 360 one I showed, which is virtually complete :P

Hey Sol! What is the exact number of items? If you can answer... I see very few Items, less than S&SASTR

Actually, I'd need to work that out. There are a few less than ASR, but then they have to work on land, air and sea, which means three times the behaviours...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey S0L, I know that some pages back you said that you'd give us more info about the PC version when you were allowed to. So, have you been allowed to tell us anything more?

As you may have read in another topic, I really like how you and SumoRex actually care about this game and are passionate about it, so I decided to buy it purely because of that. And of course, I'll be getting it on Steam. SEGA's website doesn't even mention that it's coming out on PC. Wikipedia says it is, but there's no source attached to that. The only way I know it'll be on PC is because you said so. I wonder why SEGA doesn't list PC as a platform on their site. Weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey S0L, I know that some pages back you said that you'd give us more info about the PC version when you were allowed to. So, have you been allowed to tell us anything more?

As you may have read in another topic, I really like how you and SumoRex actually care about this game and are passionate about it, so I decided to buy it purely because of that. And of course, I'll be getting it on Steam. SEGA's website doesn't even mention that it's coming out on PC. Wikipedia says it is, but there's no source attached to that. The only way I know it'll be on PC is because you said so. I wonder why SEGA doesn't list PC as a platform on their site. Weird.

It is coming on PC, indeed the platform was listed in the original reveal. However we work to one simple rule, if SEGA haven't announced it and it's a major reveal, then we can't. When they do talk about it, we will afterwards, but right now all I can say is it's in dev, addresses a lot of concerns raised last time and has some other special elements. But that's all I can say right now.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 4

If there are more platform exclusives, then that new Special Edition for the Wii U should be interesting. Maybe a Nintendo character like Mario? Maybe Bayonetta, since the sequel is Wii U exclusive?

Maybe Bayonetta, since the sequel is Wii U exclusive?

I'm sure that would make so many people impossibly angry, haha.

I'd love to see Mario join in the fun, though at the same time it would be that awkward thing where I'd probably hardly ever play him just because I never play him in Mario Kart either.

Edited by JezMM

I'm sure that would make so many people impossibly angry, haha.

I'd love to see Mario join in the fun, though at the same time it would be that awkward thing where I'd probably hardly ever play him just because I never play him in Mario Kart either.

If Mario joined in, I think the game would probably renamed to "Mario and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed" like with Banjo Kazooie before. Especially since 'Mario and Sonic' is already a brand that prints money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I'd need to work that out. There are a few less than ASR, but then they have to work on land, air and sea, which means three times the behaviours...!

---

S0L

---

Thanks S0L to response my question.

Sincerely, I'm feel a little bit disappointment for the items because I expected more Items and diferent design for the use on Air and Water but is ok.

I really miss the "Mega Horn", "Energy Shield" and "Pocket Rainbow" and the art of the items with the aspect of Sega Games.

Edited by Eatr61

It is coming on PC, indeed the platform was listed in the original reveal. However we work to one simple rule, if SEGA haven't announced it and it's a major reveal, then we can't. When they do talk about it, we will afterwards, but right now all I can say is it's in dev, addresses a lot of concerns raised last time and has some other special elements. But that's all I can say right now.

---

S0L

---

That makes sense. The fact that you take the time to come on here and say anything at all is enough for me.Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to SEGA's announcement :)

Just one kinda random question (lol): Do the people on the development team get a free copy of the game? I'd think the answer is probably yes but I still wonder sometimes

• Thumbs Up 1

That makes sense. The fact that you take the time to come on here and say anything at all is enough for me.Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to SEGA's announcement smile.png

Just one kinda random question (lol): Do the people on the development team get a free copy of the game? I'd think the answer is probably yes but I still wonder sometimes

Yeah, that's one of the perks. We usually get a copy on the platform of our choice, usually a couple of days before it hits release too! But then, we did make it :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

If there are more platform exclusives, then that new Special Edition for the Wii U should be interesting. Maybe a Nintendo character like Mario? Maybe Bayonetta, since the sequel is Wii U exclusive?

Bayonetta was deconfirmed long ago.

If Mario joined in, I think the game would probably renamed to "Mario and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed" like with Banjo Kazooie before. Especially since 'Mario and Sonic' is already a brand that prints money.

They've been playing it for years...I'm sure that they are a little bit bored of it by now. Maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

That makes sense. The fact that you take the time to come on here and say anything at all is enough for me.Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to SEGA's announcement smile.png