Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

How would split-screen work online? Split-screen is usually used for two people playing on the same console.

How would split-screen work online? Split-screen is usually used for two people playing on the same console.

Split screen online is where you would have two people playing on one system in the game, playing against more people online. So you know, you might have a friend with you and together you're playing against other friends online.

Because not everybody reads it...

SU_45-8-noscale.jpg

So if Eggman wins, he instantly claims ownership of every world in the universe? Well alright then,

So Sonic arrives and crashes right away? No wonder why people complain about him being in a car.

• Thumbs Up 5

I remember S0L saying on Sega Forums, that you can place the stickers in your car, but that's about it. He used as an example the stickers 'Sonic', 'heart' and 'hot-dog', so you can spell "Sonic loves hot-dog" in your car =D

You can only put the stickers on your license, though they also appear next to you in lobbies and the like. You can't put them on the cars, and even if you could, you wouldn't be able to see them!

I have a question for anyone who may know the answer.

With all the newer info coming out about the mods increasing stats and such, has it been said whether or not the mods visually/physically change the vehicles, or are the just invisable modifications that alter stats?

Thanks in advance.

As above, we don't change the cars. We did look at alternate paint schemes, but they actually detracted from the vehicles. So we stopped doing it tongue.png

Hey S0L, finally the game have CO-OP Online and sliptscreen online or not?

I read the IGN Preview and they say that the game don't have online splitscreen.

That´s scare me.

Thanks.

You can play 'offline' split-screen through pretty much everything but Time Attack on one machine. That includes World Tour, GP, Single Race and the Custom Game mode (where you can pick from a selection of the World Tour game modes on the track of your choice or battle arenas). Any non-competitive mode allows you to pass weapons between the split-screen players.

You can play Matchmaking and Custom Game online in split-screen too. So 4 players racing online on one console (or 5 on WiiU). So that's races, a selection of the World Tour games modes (in Custom Game) and battles online tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L

As above, we don't change the cars. We did look at alternate paint schemes, but they actually detracted from the vehicles. So we stopped doing it tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Thanks for the speedy answer!

It wasn't anything that would detract from me enjoying or getting the game (I've had it pre-ordered for over a month now, aha), but with all the talk about mods and stuff, I was curious to what extent it would go. Frankly, having some of my favorite characters and IPs represented in the follow-up to my favorite racing game is more than enough for me. Thank you to you and the rest of Sumo for such an astounding effort to what's sure to be a fantastic game.

Hey Steve, now that we know Shadow is getting some new voice clips (unless the "damn" is recycled from his previous actor), are any of Sonic's voice clips new?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, it was confirmed earlier in the thread. It's a damn shame, too, because as much as I don't like post-SA2 Shadow, the least they could do is try to redeem him as a character. >: I guess it's not even close to being important in the grand scheme of things, though.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's not forced or over-used like in the Shadow game.

Edited by sonfan1984

Yeah, Shadow occasionally using mild language ("crap" and "hell" is fine, "damn" is kind of pushing it though) would do well to at least separate himself from the straight laced Sonic.

Just don't make a spectacle of it like in Shth, keep it subtle.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Shadow occasionally using mild language ("crap" and "hell" is fine, "damn" is kind of pushing it though) would do well to at least separate himself from the straight laced Sonic.

Just don't make a spectacle of it like in Shth, keep it subtle.

I honestly don't know what makes "crap" and "hell" any less offensive than damn.

I agree though, try not to make him look like an outrageous self-parody. (Unless you're going to go the whole way with it, but I'm probably alone in thinking that.)

Edited by Solly

Pretty sure this was answered, i just can't find it... but will we be able to Tackle World Tour mode online with our friend? or is it reserved for local play only?

It's a preview. The actual comic features an issue-long race against Eggman and an appearance by Starlight Carnival at the end.

FGHFUGFBHJFGF

I really need to find a way to read this comic. I want to see Starlight Carnival in comic form.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

FGHFUGFBHJFGF

I really need to find a way to read this comic. I want to see Starlight Carnival in comic form.

... No...

rooftreereturns.png

Mother of Zeus...

When I first saw this, I thought it was vomit coming out of the lava & Sonic's car other than trees.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Thumbs Up 3

S0L, after today's news about the limited Wii U voice chat, will you guys be supporting voice chat on that platform?

We don't support voice chat on WiiU for those reasons, one of the side effects of being a launch title basically. Does support it on PS3 and 360 though!

Hey Steve, now that we know Shadow is getting some new voice clips (unless the "damn" is recycled from his previous actor), are any of Sonic's voice clips new?

We asked Sonic Team for all the available English VO they have (post Colours) and have used it for the Sonic Team characters. So there is a mix of things used in recent games as well as things that haven't been used.

Pretty sure this was answered, i just can't find it... but will we be able to Tackle World Tour mode online with our friend? or is it reserved for local play only?

Nope, World Tour is offline only for Split-screen co-op. I think I answered that a page or so back too! That said, we do make some of the modes available via Custom Game to be played online.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 4

That's disheartening! But not a big deal since the game is full of content to begin with, i'll just get my friends over for a Transformed marathon!

We don't support voice chat on WiiU for those reasons, one of the side effects of being a launch title basically. Does support it on PS3 and 360 though!

Aw, that sucks :( Lack of voice chat on the Wii version of the last game was a bother for me when playing with people on the SSMB. Was hoping that problem wouldn't return for the sequel when we have the console's successor now. Oh well, can't be helped. Thanks for your reply.

That's too bad about Wii U voice chat but never mind. Could barely hear anyone on the PS3 voice chat anyway when I did play lol. There's always skype.