Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Shame about the Wii U version (Not that I use the voice chat much with lovely randoms...). I have it preordered on Xbox but am on the fence with it. Still not sure if that'll be the one I end up with or not but whatever. Hopefully Alex Kidd is still around - one of the best things in the last one was beating some Americans with him when they didn't know who the hell he was.

Coincidentally I was just over by Sumo gathering supplies. Perhaps I should have Ninja'd in...

Because not everybody reads it...

SU_45-0-noscale.jpg

SU_45-2-noscale.jpg

SU_45-3-noscale.jpg

SU_45-4-noscale.jpg

SU_45-7-noscale.jpg

SU_45-8-noscale.jpg

So if Eggman wins, he instantly claims ownership of every world in the universe? Well alright then,

Sounds like a fair deal if you ask me!

I honestly don't know what makes "crap" and "hell" any less offensive than damn.

I agree though, try not to make him look like an outrageous self-parody. (Unless you're going to go the whole way with it, but I'm probably alone in thinking that.)

Crap is offensive?

Crap is offensive?

'Crap' is a more offensive term than 'hell' or 'damn' to some people. To me, crap is just an unpleasant word that doesn't sound appropriate for a young audience. 'Crud' would be a slightly better alternative, or rather it would just be changed to 'this sucks/stinks'. This is the problem with stronger language. Culturally and on a smaller scale the impact of these words varies a lot. Remember Sonic Rush Adventure? It was originally rated PEGI 12 in Europe because the words 'knackered' and 'bugger' are seen as very offensive, sexual terms in the UK. For reference, ShTH was also PEGI 12+.

This is why I think it's actually really stupid that they're even using voice clips that say 'damn'. Totally unnecessary when it causes the game's age rating to go up. I know people don't really pay too much attention to them, but you'd think it was something that SEGA would want to avoid.

Sounds like a fair deal if you ask me!

Is it really necessary to quote all the pictures?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

SU_45-4-noscale.jpg

About the last line of Tails: i feel sorry thinking about at least Big the Cat (and any other veteran that will be deconfirmed) crying depressed on his couch because he didn't checked the mail in time.

(Also, isn't "jerk" a no-no word?)

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 3

'Crap' is a more offensive term than 'hell' or 'damn' to some people. To me, crap is just an unpleasant word that doesn't sound appropriate for a young audience. 'Crud' would be a slightly better alternative, or rather it would just be changed to 'this sucks/stinks'. This is the problem with stronger language. Culturally and on a smaller scale the impact of these words varies a lot. Remember Sonic Rush Adventure? It was originally rated PEGI 12 in Europe because the words 'knackered' and 'bugger' are seen as very offensive, sexual terms in the UK. For reference, ShTH was also PEGI 12+.

This is why I think it's actually really stupid that they're even using voice clips that say 'damn'. Totally unnecessary when it causes the game's age rating to go up. I know people don't really pay too much attention to them, but you'd think it was something that SEGA would want to avoid.

I'm pretty sure knackered isn't a sexual term, knackers perhaps. You generally hear people say they're knackered when they're worn out. Originally it would be related to a Knackers Yard, where you'd send old worn out animals...

Bugger on the other hand, pretty much is. But in this part of the UK, you'll here people tell you to 'Bugger off' or 'You stupid bugger!'.

Which is probably why it's PEGI 7 or ESRB E10+. It's not strictly down to the speech of course, there are courses which may frighten younger children, what with all the fire and zombies and things.

We're not exactly in super sweary GTA territory mind tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure knackered isn't a sexual term, knackers perhaps. You generally here people say they're knackered when they're worn out. Originally it would be related to a Knackers Yard, where you'd send old worn out animals...

Bugger on the other hand, pretty much is. But in this part of the UK, you'll here people tell you to 'Bugger off' or 'You stupid bugger!'.

Aaaaand point proven.

I've always known 'knackered' to mean exhausted after sex, and bugger just to be a very unsavoury word. 'Bugger off' is every day language, but it's something you would normally avoid saying because it bothers some people. Of course I know the actual meanings, but that's not necessarily the context in which they are most often used.

Even if the rating isn't strictly down to speech, it's one of the factors and has to be declared on the boxart, doesn't it? It just seems really weird that you wouldn't pick an alternative to avert that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Team Sonic

Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with local friends in a 10 player Race

Pff, welp. Won't be getting this one. I don't have 3 others who are gonna wanna play this game on my PC. 2 players would be fine, but this wasn't going to be a party game for me.

Forever alone, yes yes.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aaaaand point proven.

I've always known 'knackered' to mean exhausted after sex, and bugger just to be a very unsavoury word. 'Bugger off' is every day language, but it's something you would normally avoid saying because it bothers some people. Of course I know the actual meanings, but that's not necessarily the context in which they are most often used.

Even if the rating isn't strictly down to speech, it's one of the factors and has to be declared on the boxart, doesn't it? It just seems really weird that you wouldn't pick an alternative to avert that.

TBH we never even considered it a problem. It wasn't until the age rating came back that it was highlighted and honestly - the elements we'd need to change to bring it down weren't anything we actually wanted to change. Bear in mind it's used in context when Shadow gets hit - and that we have limited speech anyway - it's really not that much of a deal.

If it was full on swearing, granted I could understand it, but I've heard far worse language from kids younger than 7.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway... loving some of the achievement name references in this especially "Blast Processing" :D

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was full on swearing, granted I could understand it, but I've heard far worse language from kids younger than 7.

Sounds right for Sheffield :P

With the "damn" thing I wouldn't have even thought about it honestly.

The achievement list looks decent. Can't wait to fire it up.

I'm happy to see not one, but two Daytona references. Hornet's a long shot, but I'm still hoping it's in.

Eyes on the road?

Welcome to Victory Lane?

The King of Speed?

think those 3 are Daytona references.

There's an expert mode? Sweet, that's gonna be FAAAAAAST!

Wasn't it the All-Star class? It isn't a secret achivement so maybe that's what it is.

Scud Racer 15 gp-g.png Finished 1st in a Race without getting hit by weapons

Ho Ho! HO HO HO!!!

That isn't going to be easy! Well unless theres an option to turn off weapons and it'll unlock in that mode.

Battle Outrunner 15 gp-g.png Did 5 overtakes in a single Drift

So in a single drift you need to over take over half the racers in a full race! Outch.

Team Sonic 10 gp-g.png Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with local friends in a 10 player Race

Local co-op needed to get 100%

Ho Ho! HO HO HO!!!

That isn't going to be easy! Well unless theres an option to turn off weapons and it'll unlock in that mode.

Gotta dodge'em like a boss.

Holy shit dudes... Have you seen this one...

House Party Of The Dead: Completed an event with 4 local friends

In order to get platinum on this game you'll need 4 controllers! Erm... thats really going to lock a lot of people out of this one. Not even sure I have 4 controllers, unless I can sync up the move navigation controller.

Anyone here going to be impacted by that one?

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit dudes... Have you seen this one...

In order to get platinum on this game you'll need 4 controllers! Erm... thats really going to lock a lot of people out of this one. Not even sure I have 4 controllers, unless I can sync up the move navigation controller.

Anyone here going to be impacted by that one?

...So you aren't worried about the one the requires you to 1-4 sweep an online race with full local splitscreen? XD

Barry's mock poster probably inspired that one.

Edited by FourCartridge