Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hum yeah, I've counted Metal Sonic, but he's downloadable and represents an extra slot. I don't know, but there's something telling me that this game will have more than 20 non-guest-non-DLC chars...

Edited by Jango

Fingers crossed for Alex Kidd, as he's an All-Stars staple and a very important part of SEGA's past.

Aye, if he isn't I am going to dress up as Zool, run along the Wood Bottom and throw Chupa Chups at Sumo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hum yeah, I've counted Metal Sonic, but he's downloadable and represents an extra slot. I don't know, but there's something telling me that this game will have more than 20 non-guest-non-DLC chars...

The numbers don't add up. Right now we know 23 racers, and if that 29 across all versions is still true, we're still missing 6. We've been told that the 23 number shown in Play Expo isn't final, and presuming Avatars and Miis are the only console exclusives, that brings us to 24 SEGA characters, counting Metal Sonic.

Edited by FourCartridge

The numbers don't add up. Right now we know 23 racers, and if that 29 across all versions is still true, we're still missing 5. We've been told that the 23 number shown in Play Expo isn't final, and presuming Avatars and Miis are the only console exclusives, that brings us to 24 SEGA characters, counting Metal Sonic.

Then I don't know. November we shall we. The rest of it hehe

S0L has said before that 29 is correct, but we'll have to wait and see for the reason why it's correct.

As far as what we do know, we know the XBOX version has 24 characters at least, with 20 of them being SEGA characters, two being guests and one being an avatar. On top of that, we will have Metal Sonic as a bonus DLC character.

S0L also stated that the Wii U has the Mii instead of the Avatar, and the PS3 is down one since they lack a proper avatar system that allows for easy implementation. Sumo tried to get Sackboy, but Sony said no.

So as of now we have:

25 confirmed, two of which are "?"

1 more guest, possible PC exclusive

3 that Sumo are being very shady on, possible DLC or timed exclusive or bonus characters added via methods we don't yet know about

-------

total: 29

We also know that 30 was the planned number, but they just couldn't decide on a certain character's vehicle so they scrapped them and apparently added a character that was to be DLC to the main roster. Need to find the original post where SumoRex or Steve said this, but I know it was said in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L has said before that 29 is correct, but we'll have to wait and see for the reason why it's correct.

As far as what we do know, we know the XBOX version has 24 characters at least, with 20 of them being SEGA characters, two being guests and one being an avatar. On top of that, we will have Metal Sonic as a bonus DLC character.

S0L also stated that the Wii U has the Mii instead of the Avatar, and the PS3 is down one since they lack a proper avatar system that allows for easy implementation. Sumo tried to get Sackboy, but Sony said no.

So as of now we have:

25 confirmed, two of which are "?"

1 more guest, possible PC exclusive

3 that Sumo are being very shady on, possible DLC or timed exclusive or bonus characters added via methods we don't yet know about

-------

total: 29

We also know that 30 was the planned number, but they just couldn't decide on a certain character's vehicle so they scrapped them and apparently added a character that was to be DLC to the main roster. Need to find the original post where SumoRex or Steve said this, but I know it was said in the past.

That's the closest I've seen yet to someone working it out properly. It's not entirely correct, but it'll do :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

Timed exclusives does seem to be the only thing that would make sense. It would also add to how the 23 number is "not final" if the rest get added to that system later.

The last guest character could possibly be a PC exclusive?! Nah. This character will be available across all platforms just like Ralph and Danica.

So, from a page back, what I'm understanding is that Nintendo wanted the Wii U version to not have Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay as Bonus DLC? Seems like a nice thing to me.

New videos from NYCC

Was it known that Big the Cat cameos in Ocean View?

• Thumbs Up 7

That is definately a new addition!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god, that Panzer Dragoon music is unreal! Mixing FLIGHT with the opening sequence and mission 3 just sends chills down my spines.

Oh my god, that Panzer Dragoon music is unreal! Mixing FLIGHT with the opening sequence and mission 3 just sends chills down my spines.

It is rather orgasmic but it's too busy with all the Danica... I had to go look for a clean version. Which was more annoying than I thought >.>

Hooray! Big joins the cameo list!

Think I'll make a cameo roster in the roster thread.

Well that was a cold shower. Ta, Chuck.

The Golden Axe one is too much nostalgia. Only some Streets of Rage music could be better.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

Hey SUMO guys))! Now that Sa2 HD re-release came out, I wanted to ask something of you.. Is it possible to make Big the cat a cameo like he was in Sa2 and Secret rings? It's not much, but it's incredibly awesome to look for him in the games and it's very funny also. I heard SEGA didn't plan to include Big in the HD re-release, but someone told him to do so (Was it Ken Balough?). If you didn't make Big the cat a cameo in Transformed I hope you will consider that in your next game if there will be one. Thank you)!

I knew it)))! Or maybe they decided to add him after my post (that is highly unlikely though). Anyway, this is great indeed! Thanks SUMO!

Edited by ArtFenix

I just thought of something... If Ralph is a video-game hopping character, does that make Danica, a real life figure, a game character in the Disney/Ralph?

Edited by FourCartridge

Reactions like this make it all worth it.

Hahahaha.

If you got slapped with a warning for trolling or making a stupid, pointless, annoying message I doubt you'd still be laughing.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 9

If you got slapped with a warning for trolling or making a stupid, pointless, annoying message I doubt you'd still be laughing.

Yes I would because I don't really give a shit anymore.