Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hi SOL i just wanted to tell you that i liked sonic and all stars racing transformed a lot. thx for making this game i played it for like 4 hours. and i like it more than sonic generations. and sonic is so awesome to use. because he's fast and he's like the only character i used. i'm going to use amy later to see how she is. and one other thing SOL a user called Captain n was asking you something but you never did comment can you plz go comment on what he was asking you.

@shadzter

Not fun because of the game mechanics? Or not fun because you cant handle them, and not easily becoming first by in every stage by just steering and drifting?

The latter is how i feel about the first game. As much i loved it, there was very little depth to winning. My brain would be locked, not concenrated and i would still win

Edited by Djawed

@shadzter

Not fun because of the game mechanics? Or not fun because you cant handle them, and not easily becoming first by in every stage by just steering and drifting?

The latter is how i feel about the first game. As much i loved it, there was very little depth to winning. My brain would be locked, not concenrated and i would still win

No, I agree the first game was probably too easy and I'm glad they made things harder this time around, but I think it's a bit too hard. Other than that, I think the drifting is too tight, the weapons are awful and the tracks, though beautiful, are too busy to see where you're going. I also hate how each track only has one music track and that opponents can push and shove you around everywhere. All of this is just frustrating for me. I adore the first game and always have a good time playing it, so I really wanted to enjoy the sequel.

I respect that a lot of work, love and effort has gone into this game, I really do, but it's just not as fun as the first game for me so far. I'll hopefully be trying out the multiplayer modes with my wife later. Hopefully I'll have fun with that part of the game.

I'll let you guys know what my wife thinks, too. Might try and get her to post herself, since she has an account here. tongue.png

Don't sweat it ^^. I am personally glad and on a positive note, at least the AI prepares you well for the competitive online mode right :P

For every traffic attack mission I used Ulala with the handling mod. In these missions you have to forget about drifting, just avoid the cars.

S0L can I come down to Sheffield and hug everyone at Sumo who worked on this game? It's wonderful and you guys are wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 9

Gotta say, I'm enjoying this game so far, the track looks great. I think Sumo have done a great job! The World Tour mode is a bit tedious though (sometimes gets fustrating on hard mode), but other than I'm having fun with this game. smile.png

Edited by C.J

Welp, I'm done with ASRT

It was fun having the game early on, but the last chapter of the world tour is way too hard.. Seems like there's 2 seconds missing on the last lap of the 3rd traffic challenge.

Game plays better than the first, you can really feel the difference between characters and mods, but I can't help but feel there should've been more tracks and an assortment of music tracks to choose from (like the first)

7.5/10

Segata Sanshiro should NEVER be playable. He is simply too much for one player.

But he had his own game on Saturn...

That means he's been playable before.

Edit: Notice I said Dreamcast. Changed that.

Edited by Dr Spudhead

Posted this in a status, but not sure how many people saw it so eh.

Apparently Liuxing-Li (account name, not real name) did some sticker concepts for the game, some of which have been posted on his own blog thing. He had something to say on it.

tumblr_mdr8sxZjA71r5eot8o1_500.png

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed :: Concept Sonic Stars Sticker Pack 01

Okay, so. I got to do some concept artwork a few months ago for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. This is a hilarious sentence. Only because it refers to my life, but I’m having an outer-body experience where it seems like I can’t possibly be talking about me at all.

In the end, these and another set of stickers which I will post shortly were not used for a number of reasons. But as much as I am very disappointed that they weren’t used in the final game, I am happy that I got to at the very least draw Sonic in a sort-of official capacity. It’s always been something I’ve dreamed of doing, and I finally got to do it.

If any of you are unfamiliar with this idea- Stickers are collectable items in the game which you earn by performing certain criteria. You can then use this stickers to customise your in-game licence.

What can I say? It’s been a bit of a crazy year!

WMG about one of the reasons below;

Sumo hired out to independent artists originally, only to be told later by SEGA that they only wanted their own official art to be used.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at those edgy teens playing ASR!

iZEZlYyi9xavg.gif

DUDEICAL

ibuva2Ip85FjCI.gif

BRODACIOUS

Segata Sanshiro votes shall ascend...

It's great to see Maximillian promoting Segata.

Not happy with the poll overall though. Selvaria being ahead of Welkin as Valkyria Chronicles rep just puzzles me. Not that either stand a snowball's chance.

Me and my wife have just tried out all of the multiplayer modes and arenas in S&ASRT and I'm happy to say we enjoyed ourselves. The arena modes are especially fun and I liked the Boost Race mode or whatever it's called that has no weapons/items.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad they didn't choose to use that art, it's not exactly great and Amy and Rouge are clearly packing some serious boobage from their actual characters lmao, Eggman looks weird and Rouge is TINY compared to the rest of them.

Sucks they got laid off because of SEGA's selfishness though.

When you play online and you accidentally hit another person...why do you bounce around like a pinball? It's silly, ridiculous, pissed me off constantly and has made me lose races which I had the bag on!

We ain't using Bumper Cars here.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

When you play online and you accidentally hit another person...why do you bounce around like a pinball? It's silly, ridiculous, pissed me off constantly and has made me lose races which I had the bag on!

Yep, my main peeve with this game besides the spammy A.I and rubber banding.

This happens offline with the AI, too. As well as simple knocking about, you and your opponents can actually be be pushed from behind and directed into walls. It really pisses me off.

So after a few months of simply lurking, I'm back to complement Sega and Sumo on such a great game. Just picked it up today and am having a great time with it. The game overall just looks, feels, and sounds better than the original; the increased budget really shows (as well as all the love put into this game, obviously). Also, while I haven't posted much (or at all; can't even remember if I ever posted in this topic >_>) during development, it was great to see that shout-out to the Sonic Stadium Community in the credits (haven't beaten the game yet, but saw it on here).

Congrats on a job well done, S0L (and everyone else at Sumo)!

Posted this in a status, but not sure how many people saw it so eh.

Apparently Liuxing-Li (account name, not real name) did some sticker concepts for the game, some of which have been posted on his own blog thing. He had something to say on it.

tumblr_mdr8sxZjA71r5eot8o1_500.png

WMG about one of the reasons below;

Sumo hired out to independent artists originally, only to be told later by SEGA that they only wanted their own official art to be used.

I liked that. Like it a lot. Even if they are not official, it's a way to join Sega with its fan-base a little more. Too bad it didn't worked out.

Edited by Jango

This happens offline with the AI, too. As well as simple knocking about, you and your opponents can actually be be pushed from behind and directed into walls. It really pisses me off.

Odd...it doesn't happen to me when I play offline mellow.png

Yep, my main peeve with this game besides the spammy A.I and rubber banding.

If you don't mind me asking...what's rubber banding?

Edited by KrazyBean

It happens all over, online, offline etc. it's a serious problem when the A.I is stopping you from winning because they keep bumping you off the track.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you don't mind me asking...what's rubber banding?

You go slow, the AI goes slow to let you catch up.

You go fast, the AI goes faster than normally possible to keep you from opening a gap.

Edited by Tornado