Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Is Amy good for this as well? I got the balanced mod for her and her handling is on full bars.

Also how do you unlock S-Class?

You got to unlock Final Showdown (get 95 stars if I can recall correctly)

JESUS CHRIST i just spent the last several hours trying to beat the shibuya downtown traffic attack mission on expert.

Just forget about it. That fucking mission is so hard that diamonds break against it. Spent hours trying to beat it with Ulala, gave up and went with Sonic. I finally beat it with him.

Guess Sonic's never met a problem he couldn't solve by going fast...

By the way, just out of curiosity, why did you decide to use Pudding's voice clips from the first SC5? She could have awesome lines like "The scoop is mine!", "Get your coverage from Channel 42!", "Come on sister, get with it!" or "Are you the clumsy one?", but now, the only line I frequently hear from her is "Yes!"...

Maybe preferance or maybe rights related? Part 2 dub was made by Sony not Sega, because they had the publishment rights in the west (thats why NO Dreamcast verison in the west). Also thats why the cast is all different,except Ulala.

Though there's Ulala voiceclips from Part 2 in the game..

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it's because of right issues. As you mentioned, Ulala uses several voiceclips from Part 2, and Pudding did have a few lines from Part 2 in Sega Superstars Tennis.

This, along with the rerelease of Part 2 on XBLA/PSN, makes the change a bit weird in my eyes...

It might be because of Sumo's preference after all, but I'd be glad if SumoRex or S0L could clarify it.

If I can beat the last traffic attack then I'm quite sure I will be able too... unless expert GP really is stupidly hard.

But from what I've heard, your completion rate actually goes above 100% Someone has said to have 102% and it's still going up.

Someone still has a way to go then. About 8%'s worth!

It was lovely. I should really do a write up on it at some point.

You can, providing you think about your NDA. Personal experiences fine, but name no names tongue.png

Is Amy good for this as well? I got the balanced mod for her and her handling is on full bars.

Also how do you unlock S-Class?

Amy is also good. Really you want to look for the shorter cars length wise as it will let you drift through the traffic with ease. Avoid larger or slow accelerating characters. As I say, handling is more important than speed for these ones.

I doubt it's because of right issues. As you mentioned, Ulala uses several voiceclips from Part 2, and Pudding did have a few lines from Part 2 in Sega Superstars Tennis.

This, along with the rerelease of Part 2 on XBLA/PSN, makes the change a bit weird in my eyes...

It might be because of Sumo's preference after all, but I'd be glad if SumoRex or S0L could clarify it.

Actually it's down to a really boring licensing reason which meant we couldn't use the Part 2 Pudding VO assets and had to stick with approved Part 1 speech. It's a shame, but that's why.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 7

Got a question for you SOL. The Race of Ages track gives off a really dark, 90's era style in the tall buildings and whatnot. It kind of reminds me of early CGI and shows like Reboot. Was there any particular influences to the stylization of that track? I love it, personally.

Anyone got any tips for house of the dead drifitng challenge on expert mode?

I have to slow right down for the initial jump otherwise I'll crash/skip out the first drifting section, however, the problem comes when you enter the spider area, it just doesn't seem like theres enough time to get from the start to the end of the rooftop before your time runs out?

You can, providing you think about your NDA. Personal experiences fine, but name no names tongue.png

lol oh don't worry, I'm well aware of that and have no intention of breaking it.

I have to slow right down for the initial jump otherwise I'll crash/skip out the first drifting section, however, the problem comes when you enter the spider area, it just doesn't seem like theres enough time to get from the start to the end of the rooftop before your time runs out?

lol oh don't worry, I'm well aware of that and have no intention of breaking it.

Just curious, what purpose does the NDA have after the game is released? Like what kind of stuff is still restricted for you to say? Because once the game is released, there isn't really anything to leak that we can't legitimately find out anyway at this point, right?

Edited by Frogging101

tumblr_mdst2bmYzh1r5eot8o1_500.png

The second set of unused designs.

...I preferred the first set. The only ones that looked wonky to me in that were Tails and Knuckles (and him to a much smaller extent).

You can drift cars in the air... Providing you drift as you leave the ground. Watch your lap times plummet with that trick :P

Just curious, what purpose does the NDA have after the game is released? Like what kind of stuff is still restricted for you to say? Because once the game is released, there isn't really anything to leak that we can't legitimately find out anyway at this point, right?

He will be privy to internal discussions, elements that may have been cut from this game but could appear in another. Team size, working practices, software used, even the places we frequent to get food from overnight. Potential other projects he may have learned about too. Believe it or not, some of this would be very interesting information to a competitor.

I trust Hogfather to be sensible and actually, I'd be interested to see what he made of the whole experience. But we remind folk about the NDA as whilst I personally don't mind about some things being revealed, we have a duty to make sure we stay in business by not be judged leaky :P

Worse comes to worse, it can always be run past me first!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

He will be privy to internal discussions, elements that may have been cut from this game but could appear in another. Team size, working practices, software used, even the places we frequent to get food from overnight. Potential other projects he may have learned about too. Believe it or not, some of this would be very interesting information to a competitor.

WOW! I could have learnt all that!?

But yeah I've got a really good idea as to what I can/can't talk about. I was thinking more how, game creation is such a closed thing, yet you and the other guys at sumo more or less opened it up for people, whilst I don't think many people here are under the illusion of 'WE SHOULD ADD IN 50 TRACKS AND 200 CARACTERS!" I don't doubt some people have that mentality. It was kinda an eye open as to just how much hard work it actually was.

Edit: OMG! You can drift in the air! Who needs a brandly guide when you've got the S0L of power!

EVENT FAILED!

Ah... back to the drawing board. =p

Well just got house of the dead drift done on expert.

Save the boost for the drop into the water, you'll need it for there.

When you head up the first ramp into the house, do 2 double flips, you can also steer your character to land on the drift zone. You'll drift and turbo at the same time.

After the bouncy castle drift zone, theres a staircase/ramp, do an air drift for this one (you may miss a chunk of it but it's ok).

Imediately after, do a flip stunt.

Dropping down into the spider, do another flip stunt. Then hit the boost pad.

Do another flip stunt... then just follow the drift zones, oh yes... do a flip stunt at the end of the rooftop. Then just boost when you get to the transform gate.

SOL i asked you something. but you did not reply why.

Hi everyone i unlocked eggman he's easy to unlock. and for people who don't know how to get eggman. you have to beat GP and the MGP.

even the places we frequent to get food from overnight.

Secret_Squirrel_01_Yellow_PinkieOE002848S20D45W35K.jpg

Pretty well situated for easy late night food, honestly~!

Not the best stuff to eat regularly though o_o

I found a picture of Hog at Sumo though!

zelda_secret_to_everybody.jpg

I dont know if its my game but always that theres an IA Ralph in the race, he is the fastest of the IA racers. Im starting to hate that guy.

I agree, Ralphs A.I. is pretty dag brutal compared to the others

Ralph is pretty solid stats wise, actually. When I play as him, if I get a lead and make sure I don't screw up, not even the cheating AI can keep up with me.

Edited by King Of Awesome

At least Ralphs stats are better than what they gave Banjo & kazooie in the first game, that and Mods can make characters more faster or more controllable once you obtained them for that character.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did brought back Banjo, since the mods can make characters better to use.

My main is Beat with the balanced Mod and my fav stage is Graveyard Gig, if you happen to see my Gamertag on 360, NextGrandcross, that would be me.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Have we had any confirmation as to whether the Wii U version will be getting the DLC in future?

It shouldn't really be an issue, but then Nintendo do have a history of incompetence and missing out when it comes to anything remotely involving the Internet...

Am I right to assume that Billy Hatcher was the cut character due to not being able to settle on a vehicle design?

I'm gonna take a massive guess and say that Shadow was the character initially planned for DLC that was moved into the main roster as well.