Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

It's been forever since I posted here, but man, am I enjoyin' the game! I got around thirty achievements already. I'm really liking the battle races. Fun, fun, fun.

Sonic and Ralph's my best characters. I read that a lot of people are sayin' John C. Reilly ain't the VA for Ralph after listening to him in the trailer, but I bet you money he is! I checked in the credits and they didn't list the voice actors to what I seen (the text is hard t'read on televisions that aren't widescreen) and I haven't been able to find any information online about it. I'll be ashamed if I'm wrong since I swear it sounds just like him.

I just wish the leaderboards were free to use like the first game (to my memory) instead of needing a gold membership.

I've been thinking, perhaps ONM was frustrated with the fact that you have to play through the annoying World Tour mode to unlock like, anybody. I can overlook this but, it's still bringing an otherwise amazing game down.

I'm fine with having a challenge if it engages me but, this isn't. It's just annoying, and it's essentially mandatory. No alternate method of unlock is a major don't in these days, everyone plays games for certain reasons. I bought this to race online, not sit here for several days trying to unlock Reala of all things.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm fine with having a challenge if it engages me but, this isn't. It's just annoying, and it's essentially mandatory. No alternate method of unlock is a major don't in these days, everyone plays games for certain reasons. I bought this to race online, not sit here for several days trying to unlock Reala of all things.

Exactly (minus the online).

These missions are so insanely infuriating that it sucks the fun out of the game. I, for one, suck at this game. I've practiced quite a bit, but I have a job and a family that take up a lot of my time. I don't have time to memorize and perfect a strategy for beating every single mission on the hardest difficulty, but I really want Reala. As a huge NiGHTS fan, I'm pretty disappointed at the fact that I probably won't be able to ever play as him. :\

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't see why you can't unlock them through anything else, like GP mode, or playing for so long, or racing so many times (I mean, seriously. Even MARIO KART does it). Honestly, the single player takes the worst part of the original game (the Mission Mode) and makes it front and center.

Edit: I seriously just spent an hour and a half just getting 4 stars. This is horse shit.

Edit 2: Gonna get hated for this but, this game still doesn't match Mario Kart, and can't beat Mario Kart due to decisions like this.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I just got the game together with a friend. I.... I am speechless

I find the challenge amazing. I had moments(especially at the beginning) where it took me over 6 times to become 1st ( i dont settle for 3rd), but the game really trains you to master it. Especially the side missions.

I really don't think you guys should complain about the difficulty. The game requires total attention, but in no time(or longer) things will become second nature just like in any game. Only difference is that this game requires so much input for you to become first, which is something found rarely in videogames nowadays.

You know what? This game doesnt only capture sega's roots in representation, but also captures the golden days of gaming, This is everything I loved and still love about videogames

All star racing transformed is my GOTY. 10/10

Edited by Djawed

I can complain all I want because, the game forces you to suffer through its unsufferable AI in order to unlock anything of value. They want to be better than Mario Kart but, they're doing something everything always complained about in Mario Kart, so much so that Nintendo doesn't even ask you to bother with their higher difficulty modes anymore if you're not a masochist. And here's the funny thing, for all the complaining people do about Mario Kart, on this board and others, it's easier.

I can complain all I want because, the game forces you to suffer through its unsufferable AI in order to unlock anything of value. They want to be better than Mario Kart but, they're doing something everything always complained about in Mario Kart, so much so that Nintendo doesn't even ask you to bother with their higher difficulty modes anymore if you're not a masochist.

Well considering I skipped straight to 150cc in Mario Kart 7 and beat every grand prix my first try, I must either be a god or you're just overreacting. That's part of being a gamer man. You have to have the patience to try again and again until you finally beat it. Sometimes it seems like you'll never win, but when you finally do, it's an amazing feeling. Just put on some epic music, picture the award in your head and beat those challenges!

@awesome

I agree. It takes a while before you unlock vyse as well. Yes I guess it does take some time, but it's all fun to me so I don't mind as long as i'm "really" enjoying it. This game doesn't even start as a snoozefest. That's a good thing because you want to feel involved. This game requires your total attention. And I really dont mind restarting. Every retry is another fun experience in proving myself.

I think this is also a great thing for online gaming because it makes the one who is skilled stand out better to the average. In your typical todays game, everyone is able to reach that standard. But here it felt really good winning a race.

Edited by Djawed

I kinda wish that they stuck with the Sega Miles system from the previous game. With that you could play whatever the hell you wanted and then unlock whatever the hell you wanted once you had the points for it, instead of having to fulfill X or Y Criteria specifically. It just seemed overall more convenient, prevented annoying and tedious situations like the World Tour seems to be giving this game, and just left more room for you to have fun in the way and manner that the player wanted,

Edited by Ciiro U
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well considering I skipped straight to 150cc in Mario Kart 7 and beat every grand prix my first try, I must either be a god or you're just overreacting. That's part of being a gamer man. You have to have the patience to try again and again until you finally beat it. Sometimes it seems like you'll never win, but when you finally do, it's an amazing feeling. Just put on some epic music, picture the award in your head and beat those challenges!

I myself have no trouble with any difficulty in the Mario Kart games. But, the general consensus online seems to be that they're the cheapest racing games ever created. That's why I used it as an example. Though to be fair, Mirror Mode in Mario Kart Wii was kind of a bitch. And I guess I USED to have the patience but, I don't anymore because, I can't just sit around and play games all day anymore. I have stuff to do.

I agree with World Tour being a total drag and certain shouldn't be putting the GPs in the back seat.

The way Mario Kart gets you to play through the cup at different CCs, getting harder and faster (lol) every time whilst gradually unlocking things as you go is a great way to get new players used to the tracks and mechanics whilst constantly giving them a stream of incentives to continue, with the best unlocks left for mirror mode super hard cups or even greater challenges still. ASRT kinda entices you to play on Hard the first time you play. Didn't the first game give you stars based on how well you did at a mission? I much prefer that system rather than choosing the ranking you're aiming for because at least newcomers can still get high scores if they happened to do well at a mission.

I wouldn't mind so much if the missions weren't so uninspired but they seriously are, you're constantly doing the same stuff on a different course and it does get dull very quick. At least ASR had some original and quirky missions, again hate to draw comparisons but Mario Kart DS did mission mode right.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore this game and have so much praise for it but I feel these were the game's biggest weak points. Still, you've got this transforming game engine all set up now, I hope you make some more use of it in another sequel xD!

Don't get me wrong, this game is WONDERFUL. Everything is so inspired, save for the World Tour mode. I highly recommend this game but, with a warning that the single player is a total drag.

I love the gameplay....except driving on water. I feel like I'm losing control of my vehicle every time I go on water. =/

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

All of the missions are great in my opinion. Of course I enjoyed the races the most, but every mission to me feels like "oh great I can revisit this place again, oh wait I have to do something different this time" so its a win win for me.

The flying through ring missions have been the toughest so far to me, but boy have they helped me improve my flight skills.

Gaaawwwwd, I'm so crap at this game! I can't get any of the hard modes done to get the rest of the characterrrrsssss...

God damnit, the AI is hardcore in those damn races.

And why is my best character Knuckles? Dangit, you're so balanced, you silly echidna.

So I just this moment beat all the GP's... on Expert, on my first attempt.

it was quite funny watching 5 seperate trophies pop up.

But those of you who are saying, Expert is too hard... oh my my... you are in for a horror of horror.. You've not seen the 'expert' ghosts yet. These things are mental! They're so hard to beat it's insane, this is up there with Wipeout HD's beat Zico's trophy, it's that hard!

You act as if we'd even bother once we actually unlock all the characters. I certainly won't, had enough of Expert mode in World Tour.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello. I have a question that I like to ask of you. If I want to get "Yokozuna" achievement, do I have to beat the "Expert Ghost" too? That's going to be tough.

Hello. I have a question that I like to ask of you. If I want to get "Yokozuna" achievement, do I have to beat the "Expert Ghost" too? That's going to be tough.

Yokozuna: Beat All the Staff Ghosts in Time Attack.

Yes you dooooo yes you dooooo.

Man i am so disgusted at this. The characters in the game are fine. Do you really think a different skin is going to change how you perceive the game? Maybe ristar would have kept you entertained for 5 mins while you tried him out, only to realize his play style isnt your type, then thrown him aside, never to be thought of again.

Man i feel so sorry for sumo and sol. This game is basically perfect. Addicting/ challenging and very very thought out.

The fact that anyone is complaining to this extent about this is disgraceful.