Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

this is so much win, I can't handle it! Now that's a reveal :)

It is obvious to say that the first concern for most of us will be the new characters addition, just for a fan thing, but I have to say I'm really intrigued about the game mechanics and mostly the vehicle design, which seems a lot more original. Please, don't leave Eggman's monstertruck behind! That was maybe the best vehicle in the first game!

Really curious on how they'll handle Ryo Hazuki...knowing quite for sure to see him again is very refreshing :) Dreamcast shaped hovercraft for him? :)

I really hope for huge number of characters and franchises' rep in stages, as well as some variety in vehicles and extras

characters I want?

ALL THE PREVIOUS +

NiGHTS

Bayonetta

Blaze the Cat

Chaotix

Vectorman ( transfooooormiiiiing)

that's all I really want :)

Death Egg's back in this game, so I really hope Metal Sonic is too. And this time he'll actually be playable because no more hovercrafts. Same for Tails :D

Vyse has been hard to spot, but here he is in another screen:

rHky5.png

---

Also, known roster:

Confirmed

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Eggman

Beat

B.D.Joe

Gilius Thunderhead

Vyse

Hinted at

Segata Sanshiro

Aiai (since he has a track)

From the last game, yet to be confirmed

Shadow

Big

Billy

Amigo

Ulala

Zobio/Zobiko

Ryo

Jacky/Akira

Chu Chus

Robo/Mobo

Alex Kidd

Opa Opa

Metal Sonic

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how Opa-Opa will be done this time? Will he just grow parts for driving and swimming and turn into his normal self while flying?

Man this is gonna be one of a hell of an holiday/Christmas, makes me wanna pass to buy a build a new computer.... hope my pocket can keep up D:.

I'm kinda afraid that this game won't make it to the States. You know, SoA firing their entire QA and all. I really hope this game makes it over here. :(

TheSonicShow has a 720p trailer up:

I'm kinda afraid that this game won't make it to the States. You know, SoA firing their entire QA and all. I really hope this game makes it over here. sad.png

Of course it will. Sonic's in it and the first sold well.

Just having Vyse in is an epic win! The only thing I dont like too much is Beats new vehicle, sure it looks a bit more like him, but that car was just awesome.

Also I dont see NiGHTS anywhere near the finish line... does this mean? ...

EDIT: Around the 0:48 mark when Sonic goes airborne you can see Vyse to his right, also transforming. Cant see his flight vehicle too clearly though. And wow even Amys car is looking awesome.

Edited by dabbido

Oh god, S0L returned, a new sequel to the lovely All Stars game, and now I see Vyse.

Mother of god, what else could I ask for in this game!?

I'm kinda afraid that this game won't make it to the States. You know, SoA firing their entire QA and all. I really hope this game makes it over here. sad.png

That will have absolutely zero impact on whether or not the game gets a US release. They're unrelated matters entirely

I have a love affair with this game already!

I would like Rouge in a car similar to the one in the SA2 mission. (not trying to bug anyone about characters there, I was just mentioning).

I wonder how Opa-Opa will be done this time? Will he just grow parts for driving and swimming and turn into his normal self while flying?

I really think that some racers from the first will not carry over. Perhaps in exchange, we'll see a Fantasy Zone/Space Harrier track. I mean, that sort of track would be a dream for flying. I could see Opa Opa stepping aside for another character, and Opa Opa would chill out as an NPC at a themed track from his own series.

Shadow is pretty much in, he's just too popular with certain fans to not be in. Big, I'm on the fence. He could be in, or could step out for some other Sonic characters like Rouge or Blaze. Billy, I think will be in. As will Amigo and Ulala. Unlikely/uncertain racers are Zobio/Zobiko, Ryo, Jacky/Akira, Chu Chus, Robo/Mobo and Opa Opa. Metal Sonic, given his strong presence this year in Sonic 4, is probably in. Alex Kidd is also probably in, as he was in Tennis as well as the last game and his knack for using different vehicles would work really well in this game.

That will have absolutely zero impact on whether or not the game gets a US release. They're unrelated matters entirely

A preview was held in the US, so it will make it to the states. This game is being touted as a "flagship" title, which matches SEGA's new direction.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

The trailer music sounds scarily like

No complaints there, but jesus the likeness is uncanny!

I'd be totally fine with Vectorman BEING the vehicle but not sure if I'd want the same to happen to NiGHTS, I know he/she/it *could* fulfill the entire role himself but I don't know... Although flying as NiGHTS would be pretty fucking amazing!

Also, am I the only one who doesn't want a bunch of secondary Sonic characters clogging up the roster, Metal Sonic I'm fine with and Shadow I suppose will unfortunately make it in anyway but Blaze, Rouge, Cream, Chaotix (as much as I love them) ect. I just don't think need to be playable, by all means have them in the background but they do seem a bit... undeserving of playable status.

Also again, dream stage would be Planet Scorch from Ristar, I'm not normally one for fanwanking but racing to that music would be the best thing ever.

Well, hopefully you're wrong. I hope for all the characters from the last game to return.

Of course it will. Sonic's in it and the first sold well.

Hopefully you're right. I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced and I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't get a release over here.

A preview was held in the US, so it will make it to the states. This game is being touted as a "flagship" title, which matches SEGA's new direction.

Well, this brings my hopes up pretty well now. :)

OMG YESSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSS! biggrin.png

Best news I've heard all day and WOW those screenshots look awesome and the trailer looked cool! This sequel also looks really UNIQUE too with the addition of transformation, NOW no one can complain about Sonic being in a DAMN CAR! ph34r.png the first game was great, this sequel could even be better though, I expected to hear some news about this sometime in May but BOY was I wrong, WOW I'm so EXCITED for THIS! cool.png Hopefully we will have a variety of levels and a big amount of characters...and THE ANNOUNCER BETTER BE IN THIS D:

Edited by C.J

Unlikely/uncertain racers are Zobio/Zobiko, Ryo, Jacky/Akira, Chu Chus, Robo/Mobo and Opa Opa.

...Don't you dare... :P

They just can't leave Ryo out. After all the demand for him and the value the series has, and mostly, he was the best surprise of the previous game, and there was an explosion of fangasm in response to his reveal trailer

I really like the look of this so far... though what are the chances of both the 'Sonic All-Stars' team and the 'Mario Kart' team to come up with the exact same ideas? I suspect foul play, but I'm not sure on who's part.

Oh god, S0L returned, a new sequel to the lovely All Stars game, and now I see Vyse.

Mother of god, what else could I ask for in this game!?

Hmmm...(*LBP*) yup a map editor would be nice :P .

I'm certain Sumo are aware of NiGHTS.

Remember, Vyse and Gilius Thunderhead were brought up a lot in early interviews and are now in the sequel. Segata was pushed real hard, didn't make the first but is being teased as being the ultimate unlockable in the second.

So NiGHTS has a very good chance. The "transformed" aspect also leads itself very well to NiGHTS him/herself as NiGHTS can transform within the games. Also, flight is a very important part of the game, and NiGHTS can fly. So at the very least, a NiGHTS track has to be in and probably will be.

The trailer music sounds scarily like

No complaints there, but jesus the likeness is uncanny!

That's because

• Thumbs Up 1