Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

1 hour ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Infinite (to tie into Forces, could also be a stage hazard with illusions)

So, we'll finally have Null Space debuting in a game....

(no, those 5 seconds it's on screen in forces do not count)

• Nice Smile 1

21 minutes ago, SaberX said:

I don't discard the possibilty of Classic Sonic in a future ASR, but I would rather prefer not have him wasting any character slot.

They are known for wasting slots: Pudding, MeeMee, Reala, Gum, all the PC guests except Ryo, plus that charity character. Might as well use those slots for popular characters, which includes Sega and Sonic characters. We know there will be a lot of characters IF this game is real, since there would likely be 10-12 racers in a match. That's the reason they added Pudding & co. in the last game. I probably should not discuss the roster since the game is still a rumor.

• Nice Smile 1

Do we really have to make Classic Sonic his own character now? This guy should just stayed the younger version of Sonic. Also, in my opinion, this would be just a wasted slot. We really do not need so many Sonic characters. Their will be enough Sonic in the future but no more chances for other Sega Ips. It is so shocking for me, that Sonic is the only Sega Ip that matters now while Nintendo themselves actually have so many other characters from other series besides Mario, that are beloved. When ever a new Smash game comes out, people hoping for other characters besides the once from the Mario universe. K. Rool is a beloved character that a lot of people wish to come back, Ridley has many fans, Splatoon has got its own growing fanbase going own, Isabelle from Animal Crossing is a popular character etc. But with Sega it seems the only thing that matters is Sonic.

I really do not want to see characters like Blaze, Rouge, Silver, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Sticks or Classic Sonic making the cut, that would be such wasted slots for other Sega characters that really need some love. Why put in Blaze if can get Orta from Panzer Dragoon? Why waste a slot on Team Chaotix if we can get Toejam & Earl? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

16 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

They are known for wasting slots: Pudding, MeeMee, Reala, Gum, all the PC guests except Ryo, plus that charity character. Might as well use those slots for popular characters, which includes Sega and Sonic characters. We know there will be a lot of characters IF this game is real, since there would likely be 10-12 racers in a match. That's the reason they added Pudding & co. in the last game. I probably should not discuss the roster since the game is still a rumor.

People need to get this "slots" nonsense out of their heads. There's no such thing.

Making brand new, individual characters characters is a long, expensive process. Making clone characters takes an absolute fraction of that work, because upwards of 50% of the work is already completed. Beat and Gum for example share animations/a skeleton and their vehicle. Beat was created first and Gum is mostly just a model swap with tweaked stats.

Clone characters are only ever added to expand the roster. They don't say "we can only have 10 characters, and we'll make 3 of them clones to make it easier". It's more like "we can only have 10 original characters, but we can bump that up to 13 if we're also able to include some clones". Slots don't exist. The characters are also decided upon rights, permissions, developer preferences and of course fan demand. 

EDIT: Looks like @NastCF beat me to it.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

A new ASR would be cool. Just make unlocking characters less annoying. I gave up partway through because I just didn't feel like it anymore.

Not sure if they should keep planes and boats. I didn't have a problem with them, but my little sister could not deal with the planes. The rest of the race was fine, but once planes came, she just fell apart.

Also, make items less generic and based off of the games.

Funnily, despite my complaints in the mainline games, I'd be totally OK with Classic Sonic.

And Ristar. But I probably shouldn't get into that again xD

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope that this is what they're going to announce at SXSW, it has been a long time since we got a Sonic Racing game.

• Fist Bump 1

I honestly don''t want any more Sonic characters than we already have. Sega should use these crossovers to popularize their lesser known IPs. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 3

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I honestly don''t want any more Sonic characters than we already have. Sega should use these crossovers to popularize their lesser known IPs. 

Excuse me? It's not "All Stars" if you're missing the Biggest star of them all.

4269225783_9ac3f9a89b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

42 minutes ago, SaberX said:

I think the "Sonic" on the tittle is merelly attached to increased the zone of capture of potential buyers.

Sure. This was the only reason they made this decision. Let's be honest here guys. Besides Sonic, are their any other Sega characters that are really well known outside of the Sega community? If you would show a kid a picture of Ulala or Nights or Billy Hatcher, they will probably not know who those characters are. Heck, I think that not even most adult gamers have a clue who they are. But if you would show a kid or a gamer a picture of say Princess Daisy, or Pit from Kid Icarus, Slippy Toad or even some like Lanky kong they will automatically know, who those characters are and from were they come from.

With Sega you really can not do that because Sega has let all of their other franchises die in favor of more mediocre Sonic games. Heck, I even heard some rumors, that a lot of ideas for gameplay, stories and soundtracks were taken from other Sega Ips and than were used for a next Sonic game. Which would explain, why Sonic games are so different in tone and gameplay. 

4 minutes ago, Swing said:

Okay, now you just trolling. 

Not at all. Absolute sarcasm when it comes to those two bloody levels that I don't want to see ever again. But I love Big and seriously want him to make a comeback  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

ASR2 removed some characters I liked (Big, Billy Hatcher, Chuchus) and I want them to come back in a sequel. They also better not get rid of Vyse.

• Thumbs Up 4

I grew up with the Dreamcast so I knew quite a few Sega characters. Pretty much everyone from Sonic that I like is already in, other than Silver, I guess.

As for Sega characters, I'm pretty sure I had a list somewhere. Right now though I know I'd love to see someone from Valkyria Chronicles. Welkin or Alicia... Or maybe both in one tank, like the zombie couple. Miku would be a cool guest character (unless she's partially owned by Sega, I actually don't know for sure).

Any characters they cut for no reason would be nice to see again. I never got to play as Ryo in Transformed since I didn't have the PC version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Big was a fun character. But I really do not want to see him back. He is funny, but if he comes back than a lot of Sonic fans dement to put in that character and that character here. When it comes to Sonic, it seems fans have some sort of a system that shows which character is equal to another. If Big, a character who is on the bottom of the list, is playable, than according to those fans, they need to make Blaze playable, and Silver, and Espio, Rouge, and Cream and Omega and Stick and so many more.

I really do not want to see to many of those Sonic characters again. They will have so many chances to be playable in the future. Maybe even in their own new racing game like Riders. But for this game I just want to see the other guys and gals from Sega. Heck, I would throw out any character besides Sonic and Eggman in favor of some other face from Sega. Screw Tails, give me Ristar, go away Amy, I want Orta, get out of here Blaze and Shadow, I want to play as Toejam and Earl! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd rather see Big than any of those besides Espio and Blaze.

Not that it matters since Big already got in over them once and he can do it again.

The main appeal of this racing series is that I could...well, race with my favorite Sonic characters. Removing Sonic characters in favor of other SEGA characters would be a bad move. Sonic's name is in the title, after all. The best course of action would be to take all previous characters (maybe except for Ralph and Danica Patrick) and just add to the roster. There's no reason why they shouldn't do that considering that file size isn't an issue anymore.

10 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

The main appeal of this racing series is that I could...well, race with my favorite Sonic characters. Removing Sonic characters in favor of other SEGA characters would be a bad move. Sonic's name is in the title, after all. The best course of action would be to take all previous characters (maybe except for Ralph and Danica Patrick) and just add to the roster. There's no reason why they shouldn't do that considering that file size isn't an issue anymore.

With me it's the other way around.You can play as Tails, Shadow, Blaze or Amy in the Riders games, or in Sonic R, or in Drift, or in the storybook games, or in the Olympic games, or in Runners and many other mobile games, but when do you have again the chance to play as Vyse or Billy Hatcher? Probably never. This is what made the All-Star games so special. You see pretty much the history of Sega in them. It is like with Smash Bros. Super Smash Bros. would never have that big appeal towards the fans, if it wasn't an All-Star cast game. If Smash would be the same, but only with Mario characters, than it would be just another Mario game and would never as popular as it is now. Same also with the Sega All-Stars series. The Sega characters made this game so special. With out Nights, Ulala and the others it would just be another Sonic game that will be overshadowed by many other future Sonic games. 

30 minutes ago, Swing said:

Big was a fun character. But I really do not want to see him back. He is funny, but if he comes back than a lot of Sonic fans dement to put in that character and that character here. When it comes to Sonic, it seems fans have some sort of a system that shows which character is equal to another. If Big, a character who is on the bottom of the list, is playable, than according to those fans, they need to make Blaze playable, and Silver, and Espio, Rouge, and Cream and Omega and Stick and so many more.

I really do not want to see to many of those Sonic characters again. They will have so many chances to be playable in the future. Maybe even in their own new racing game like Riders. But for this game I just want to see the other guys and gals from Sega. Heck, I would throw out any character besides Sonic and Eggman in favor of some other face from Sega. Screw Tails, give me Ristar, go away Amy, I want Orta, get out of here Blaze and Shadow, I want to play as Toejam and Earl! 

Big was clearly added as a joke character, because Sumo Digital loves him, while Sega just doesn't care, it's really up to Sumo Digital about who gets picked in the roster, they are Sega fans, I read a comment that it's Sega that pushes for more Sonic characters, if it was for SD, they'd only have Sonic and all SEGA characters in it. Then I say split it, make a Sonic spin-off where we can actually play as our favorite characters, and make a game for the Sega fans, we'll see which one kids (the main audience) will love more.

Edit: And obviously I'd rather have a Sonic game made by Sumo Digital than a spin-off by Sonic Team, because Sumo are amazing developers. The Riders series is so mediocre.