Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

2 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Big was clearly added as a joke character, because Sumo Digital loves him, while Sega just doesn't care, it's really up to Sumo Digital about who gets picked in the roster, they are Sega fans, I read a comment that it's Sega that pushes for more Sonic characters, if it was for SD, they'd only have Sonic and all SEGA characters in it. Then I say split it, make a Sonic spin-off where we can actually play as our favorite characters, and make a game for the Sega fans, we'll see which one kids (the main audience) will love more.

This doesn't surprise me at all, if Sega pushed them to included the other Sonic characters into the game. Sonic sales. I won't be even surprised if they would force them to include Tangle as a promotion for the IDW comics or Classic Sonic for Mania 2.

• Nice Smile 1

I'd be very surprised if Tangle was in this game. SEGA doesn't particularly care for the comic characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dug out the first game a month or two ago to finally unlock everything. I usually enjoy playing racing games more with friends than by myself, and none of my friends are really into the Sega franchises, so they'll pick Mario Kart every time. I think I'd agree I like the Mario Kart games more, but I still liked All-Stars Racing a lot. The boost system in particular made it stand out for me. What I really didn't care for were the recycled asset courses, the dramatic difference in difficulty for the later courses, and the generic items. I like that Mario Kart feels like I'm free to zoom around various Mario areas without it getting too frustrating or repetitive. I suppose that just makes Mario Kart more of a casual game, but that's the appeal at least for me.

I didn't get the sequel. Honestly, it was mostly due to the roster. I love seeing older classic Sega franchises get representation, but all of the minor characters really didn't get me excited for the title. Add to that how Nights was incorporated and that several characters from the first game were taken out and it drained my interest. The DLC characters mostly being third party didn't help either (I loved Banjo in the first game though!). I liked Joe, Vyse, and Gilius being in the game. Not so much Gum, Pudding, or MeeMee. Especially in place of say the ChuChus, Bonanza Bros, Billy Hatcher etc.

I don't know how I would have felt about the transformation mechanic, though I wasn't opposed to it. I honestly don't mind the first game being a sort of Mario Kart clone and as detailed earlier I think copying Mario Kart more in certain respects would improve my enjoyment of it. Though I certainly appreciate it trying to have it's own identity.

If a new game were to remain a Sega crossover title, I'd like to see the changes I described here implemented. I probably would enjoy the game more if it just used the Sonic ip and we got to see characters like Silver, Blaze, Classic, or even Zavok and Infinite. But I'd still like to see more unique courses and items than the first game - in either scenario.

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

I just realised, I hated ASRT, I dunno why I'd want the possible sequel to be like that. 

Maybe because it had less Sonic fanservice in it? 

1 minute ago, Swing said:

Maybe because it had less Sonic fanservice in it? 

Actually, I think I recall hating it because the controls were way more dodgy for me compared to the original, and the World Tour mode was garbage. It was like extra vehicle modes ended up with a sacrifice in other areas. 

Since I've been asked about my earlier post by a few people's.

I was... accidentally told some information a few months back. But can't go into too much details as to who and why and what because I don't want someone's accidental mistake to get into bother.

I'll explain in full detail once it's revealed exactly what this is (This is not by any means confirmation it is ASR3) what happened to explain the #KnowingSmirk

Please do not go messaging Sumo staff about the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Personally, I would like it if the cast got a bit more of a Sonic focus in general and having the SEGA characters - I.E Major ones or at least memorable ones remaining. The issue is as others said, there isn't many IPs SEGA have which are particularly memorable right now, and the ones that are already received decent representation while others were pretty filler without being memorable at all.

Probably controversial opinion to have since SASR was already focused on Sonic more than other IPs but then to be fair, there's lesser known Sonic characters I'd take over random characters who are pretty forgettable just to give a series with a better known rep already included a bit more representation so to speak.

In terms of who I'd like in a hypothetical third entry.

-Joker/Phantom Thieves - Kart - Morgana (Vehicle Form) - Persona 5 

-Hard Boiled Heavies - Kart - Egg O Matic OR Giant Motobug turned into a kart - Sonic Mania

-Guest Character: Mario (Switch version), Ratchet (PS4), Banjo (Xbox) 

If this does turn out true, I'd say it's likely Ralph will be in again, given that Wreck It Ralph 2 is coming out, Sonic had such a big focus in the original movie and if comments from WIR's cut scenes is any indication, Mario is going to have a role in WIR2 - in which case it'd be likely they'd try to get Sonic again for interactions between the two.

I hope if world tour mode comes back they expand upon it a bit more, going back to it recently really made me remember just how much I loved the different challenges in it that it provided and a bigger and better version of that would truly make what already is the 2nd best kart racer in my eyes (CTR fanboy represent) even better. I think this time they should give alternate ways of unlocking characters ala smash bros though since I remember the difficulty being a big point of complaint and while it never bothered me all too much, more options never really hurt anybody.

22 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Actually, I think I recall hating it because the controls were way more dodgy for me compared to the original, and the World Tour mode was garbage. It was like extra vehicle modes ended up with a sacrifice in other areas. 

World Tour is what made me quit the game. It wasn't fun it was just one giant chore. 

Remember folks.

If it is ASR3. They're bound by what licenses that Sega (Either SOE, SOJ, or SOA --- whoever commissioned them) will let them have.

Then they have to get final approval from whoever originally designed them as per SOJ's random rule.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wasn’t a fan of the controls of the non car transformations, so hopefully they’ll not have them or drastically improve on the controls if this ends up being ASR3

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Do we really have to make Classic Sonic his own character now? This guy should just stayed the younger version of Sonic

Well.. Mario Kart has baby versions of characters

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I honestly don''t want any more Sonic characters than we already have. Sega should use these crossovers to popularize their lesser known IPs. 

What's the point if they don't want to use them?

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

What's the point if they don't want to use them?

Even if they don't, it's nice to see them again at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Go home everybody 

Then what, exactly is SUMO’s project? Does Webber really know everything going on at Sega, especially if Sonic Team ain’t there on the job? Is he trying to keep it a secret? 

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

Then what, exactly is SUMO’s project? Does Webber really know everything going on at Sega, especially if Sonic Team ain’t there on the job? Is he trying to keep it a secret? 

Aaron Webber wouldn't outright lie - it's not in his interest or SEGA's. In fact, he'd probably be in a lot of trouble for doing so. He doesn't know everything going on with SEGA, but in his role as Sonic brand manager he would surely be well aware of any upcoming Sonic game (/game starring Sonic) well in advance of any public or press reveal. His team and SOA/SOE works closely with Sonic Team and SOA when it comes to the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 7

Have you seen how much speculation was raised in less than 12 hours alone? You don't want that going on for months if you know it's baseless. 

To bad. Well but what could it be instead. It was said it was a well-known IP. Maybe it is LBP, or Crash Team Racing or maybe F-Zero. Who knows.