S0L

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

If this is Sonic and All Stars Racing, I would love love see Ristar playable. Anyway, in terms of gameplay concepts, I was thinking they could make the vehicles customizable, but have different vehicle parts allow you to access different shortcuts, kind of like that cancelled Crash Team Racing are from 2010.

On 2018-02-04 at 4:31 PM, LukA8 said:

If I remember correctly, despite an allegedly huge budget Transformed's roster was held back because the team had to create four vehicles for each character, the land/sky/water ones and the vehicle in its transforming state. Only with reskins they were able to buff the cast up to be comparable to the first game's roster (Although Pudding did have a unique vehicle, but I love Pudding so screw you haters lol). They skipped the fourth vehicle type for DLC characters by having the cars transform in a puff of smoke or similar animations.

There were definitely strong opinions about the Sonic representation, but I personally didn't get why the series shouldn't have gotten one/two new racers for each installment similar to how the Mario side grows in Smash Bros. Especially if the alternative is Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph.

I was thinking about this, and unless they added a considerable number of new characters, wouldn't a lot of the groundwork for these vehicles already have been done?

On 4.2.2018 at 8:32 PM, Thigolf said:

So, grain of salt here, but here's an interesting tidbit. Again, don't take it as a confirmation, but... yeah.

Spindash.de was at the Spielwarenmesse (Toy Fair) in Nuremberg, Germany, and they had Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Toys, the 2012 ones. (it's in German, but give it a look for the pics)

According to Zappies, the toy maker, they were put on the shelf again as a representation/placeholder for upcoming, not yet finished toys for a new Sonic Racer coming out in 2018. They didn't specify anything (with or without Sega Characters), but that's what they said.

Again, take it with a grain of salt, it's just a toy maker and noone directly involved with the games, but keep in mind that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was discovered the same way, only on the New York Toy Fair 2012

So, uh... the ride never ends, huh?

Man. I really hope this happens!