Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I really like the look of this so far... though what are the chances of both the 'Sonic All-Stars' team and the 'Mario Kart' team to come up with the exact same ideas? I suspect foul play, but I'm not sure on who's part.

It's not the exact same idea. In Mario Kart 7 you just went underwater with everything staying the same. Here you stay on top and it plays like Hydro Thunder. In Mario Kart 7 there was gliding, here flying. They're definitely similar, though. I was more reminded of Diddy Kong Racing myself, though.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

as soon as i seen the blue dragon from Panzer Dragoon

i squee'd

THIS GAME CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like the look of this so far... though what are the chances of both the 'Sonic All-Stars' team and the 'Mario Kart' team to come up with the exact same ideas? I suspect foul play, but I'm not sure on who's part.

If you read the preview on IGN....

Sumo's game had already been conceived before Nintendo's E3 conference, and the developer watched in horror at the airborne and aquatic sequences in the trailer. SEGA had been all but gazumped by its former rival.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow! just wow! My jaw-dropped literally! Can't wait for this sequel! It's gonna be a blast! :D

It's not the exact same idea. In Mario Kart 7 you just went underwater with everything staying the same. Here you stay on top and it plays like Hydro Thunder. In Mario Kart 7 there was gliding, here flying. They're definitely similar, though. I was more reminded of Diddy Kong Racing myself, though.

It practically is, but one of them changed it around a bit to make it seem less like a copy. I'm not saying All-Stars is a copy. We don't know that. Maybe Nintendo even got the concept off of one of the people that pitched it to Sumo Digital or something along those lines. Who knows.

If you read the preview on IGN....

Which is why I said "What are the chances that they both came up with the same ideas"

Implying I read the article.

The game does look great and it has exactly what I thought about when thinking of the sequel to ASR - air and water vehicles, and the transforming gimmick makes it even more awesome!

Gotta love the CG opening ^_^!

Oh please. TSSZ is full of hedgehog shit. They were not invited to any press showings and a LOT of that sounds like total bull.

Am I missing something here???

Well...something tells me its fake, but it wouldnt be that shocking since Ristar even made it as a cameo.

Heres the Vyse turning-into-jet/plane screenshot:

vysetransformed.jpg

Claiming that Ristar and Vectorman will be playable can easily be accounted to a process of elimination.

It's like stating the obvious and expected.

lol, SEGAbits.

Don't be such a witty assface.

• Thumbs Up 6

Am I missing something here???

TSSZ has a long running case of false information apparently given by "reliable" contacts

the lead person Tristen, also has had a lot of clashes with the Stadium and its writers/mods in the past.

there has been a few times he's just made wild rumors up himself and claimed them to be legit, until said games release and blew all his wild accusations out of the water.

• Thumbs Up 1

Claiming that Ristar and Vectorman will be playable can easily be accounted to a process of elimination.

It's like stating the obvious and expected.

Ah, so thanks for the confirmation. smile.png

Press Release:

SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED™ CHANGES THE RULES OF RACING

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO – 30th April 2012 – SEGA® Europe and SEGA® of America Inc. are excited to announce Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™, a thrilling new racing experience featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and a fantastic cast of SEGA All-Stars competing across land, air and water in vehicles that fully transform from cars, to planes to boats. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will speed on to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation® Vita, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and PC Digital Download late in 2012.

Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star’s Racing™, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain. The line up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favourites – including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi – return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia. The brand new dynamic environments and tracks in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are once again inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. When the road falls away beneath you on Super Monkey Ball’s Temple Trouble track your car transforms into a boat and speeds down the rivers and rapids, whilst the Panzer Dragoon inspired track, Dragon Canyon, takes you into the sky in complete control of your plane, barrel rolling to out-manoeuvre rivals and obstacles before transforming back in to a car and racing to the finish line.

“Given the fantastic feedback we received from critics and consumers alike for the first game we really wanted to push the boundaries on our follow up game, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed” commented David Corless, Global Sonic Brand Director. “The transforming vehicles allow us to do this – as well as drifting your car around the corners of a track, you get to fly your plane and pilot your boat against others all within one race. Add to this a grid full of star characters, retro IP, fun, fast race modes and cool tracks and racing fans of all ages are sure to love this one!”

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed also sees the popular All-Star moves return with a brand new mechanic allowing your All-Star bar to power up faster if you race daringly and stylishly. An all new fair weapon system ensures that weapons fired at your vehicle can either be blocked or evaded once you have gained the skills to do so, making each race a unique and exhilarating experience whether it’s on water, in the air or on land. Old rivalries can be settled and new track records set in the enhanced online multiplayer mode, whilst the Grand Prix mode and competitive Battle Arenas will prove that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is certainly set to change the rules of the race.

To view further information visit: www.facebook.com/sonic

For assets on SEGA games, please visit www.sega-press.com

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com.

About SEGA® of America, Inc.

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com.

Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo.

AiAi confirmed.

Monkey Ball stage: Temple Trouble

Panzer Dragoon Stage: Dragon Canyon

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

Doesn't this count as flaming?

Also, I don't see how SEGAbits is reliable either. :/

A new all star move bar?

Sounds better than just picking an all star move up.

So daring and stylish is how to play.

Is that Tails' car from sonic drift?!?

Similar, but not exactly the same. The new one has a spoiler, headlights, no engine parts on the sides and a doesn't sport the same pointed nose. A redesign of sorts, or very convenient coincidence.

Doesn't this count as flaming?

Also, I don't see how SEGAbits is reliable either. :/

No, it counts as stating the obvious.

SEGABits is reliable because that's info they've recieved from Sumo themselves-whereas TSSZ is likely pulling that info out of their arse.

• Thumbs Up 7

No, it counts as stating the obvious.

SEGABits is reliable because that's info they've recieved from Sumo themselves-whereas TSSZ is likely pulling that info out of their arse.

Stating the obvious? Bullshit.

Also, give me proof that SEGAbits is reliable.