Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Also: Can All-Star moves be online? One of the biggest issues with the first was the fact that when you were around 4th or below you couldn't really get back in the race, having All-Stars should remedy that.

Also: Can All-Star moves be online? One of the biggest issues with the first was the fact that when you were around 4th or below you couldn't really get back in the race, having All-Stars should remedy that.

• Thumbs Up 3

S0L, buddy, pal, random but probably obvious question...

...will there still be All Star moves?

I'm an indigoiot. Disregard.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Another good question is: Will the game support additional DLC characters and stages?

Thought of another: The hit animations on the first were really unsatisfying (pretty much just spin and a flickering animation), have they been improved? There was a lack of satisfaction when you hit an opponent with an item. I hate to draw this comparison but when you hit someone on MK with a shell it feels satisfying.

Edited by TheAnvil

Oh... Good question. New engine is imaginatively named Sumo Engine, but we use the Starlight editor to build everything, so generally we refer to it as Starlight. You'll remember we used Sunshine last time, so I guess it's an upgrade! We've been working on this for about a year and a half, switching to the new engine 6 months in. Caused us a few headaches, but the results are there on the screen tongue.png

Wait till you see a level with fully dynamic lights...

>Engine is called Starlight

>Level with Fully Dynamic lights somewhere in the game

>Looking outside of Heroes for tracks

Starlight Carnival officially hinted?

Edited by Magnus
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gilius is in the game. That is all I needed to know. I quite liked SaSASR, though I found it rather generic. It played well, but lacked personality in my opinion.

>Forgets Star Light Zone

Starlight Carnival...all those lights shining everywhere whilst you're flying in your plane. God that would be A-mazing!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Im just playing catch up here but yeah, the game looks great. Can't wait to hear those sweet ass tunes by Richard Jaques himself.

Holy CRAP, this game is looking fantastic. I'm loving all of the improvements over the original with the superior graphics engine, lack of copied tracks, remixed music, and more involved gameplay system while also implimenting something a bit new with the vehicle change system. I also love that more fan favorite franchises that people wanted in the last game are finally being utilized in this one like Panzer Dragoon and Skies of Arcadia. I can't freaking wait to see what other new faces make the roster. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games of the year. I LOVED the original and this one just looks all around better in every way. Looking forward to taking it for a test drive. :)

Thanks for answering my question S0L :3 I guess you might not be able to tell me this but...

since Gillius is confirmed and they say he will be riding a beast that will change forms...(I guess its a given) is one of those beasts the famous rideable beasts from the Original games?

Since Sumo Digital worked on the Doctor Who Adventure Games that obviously means the TARDIS will be a secret track, right?

(though while it's totally unrelated I do wonder if there's any crossover at all between whoever's working on this and those. I assume it's safe to say it isn't much of the same format)

I do wish that having something from the DS Rub Rabbits games wasn't so unlikely, but I think the first All-Stars Racing was one of the only games to reference them at all via achievement, so here's hoping for another nod at least. Maybe it's too much to hope for a cool Riders style amalgam stage with a Rub Rabbit cameo in it? >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

So PC version has online now? Woo. I hope there's a retail release. I mean, Generations and ASR got boxed PC releases over here but not in the Americas.

I've got a question S0L, if you're able to answer- will characters have different voice clips this time around? I'm especially looking at the Sonic cast with random comments like "shut up!", "aren't you worried?" and "nooooooooooo!", and of course the brilliant announcer who couldn't get Ryo's name right. I know that most of the lines were stripped from other games which is fine, but the selection was somewhat iffy in both ASR and SST before it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

Looks interesting.i always enjoyed the first so im sure its gonna be a great game.i always liked racing with my avatar :3

So S0L, in this article they mention vehicle mods, is this in any way connected to "leveling up" your vehicle/character, or are they completely different functions?

>Forgets Star Light Zone

Star Light Zone's lighting wasn't all that dynamic, especially when compared to Starlight Carnival's

Edited by Magnus

Thanks for answering my question S0L :3 I guess you might not be able to tell me this but...

since Gillius is confirmed and they say he will be riding a beast that will change forms...(I guess its a given) is one of those beasts the famous rideable beasts from the Original games?

Turtle, Piscine, Bird.

Wait... Why is the title Sonic & All Stars Racing?

Doesn't really make sense, shouldn't be just Sonic All Stars Racing, or Sega All Stars Racing? The "&" in the title doesn't really make sense.

Doesn't really make sense, shouldn't be just Sonic All Stars Racing, or Sega All Stars Racing? The "&" in the title doesn't really make sense.

It makes sense- all the non-Sonic character are All Stars. It just doesn't sound right. "Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing: Transformed" is more long winded but it works better.

I think the thing was that "Sonic All-Stars" implies the game just has the Sonic franchise heroes. Somebody like Ryo Hazuki isn't a Sonic All-Star, he's a SEGA All-Star. But since they're dropping "SEGA", possibly because it's implied they're SEGA characters given Sonic is the headliner and SEGA is on the box. Thus "Sonic & All-Stars", meaning Sonic and Friends & the SEGA All-Stars.

I've got a question S0L, if you're able to answer- will characters have different voice clips this time around? I'm especially looking at the Sonic cast with random comments like "shut up!", "aren't you worried?" and "nooooooooooo!", and of course the brilliant announcer who couldn't get Ryo's name right. I know that most of the lines were stripped from other games which is fine, but the selection was somewhat iffy in both ASR and SST before it.

You can hear Roger as Sonic in the video preview, so I'm assuming that at least the Sonic characters (barring Dr. Eggman, of course.) will be given new voice clips. Also, I believe that the IGN article confirmed that the announcer won't be returning.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1