Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

_-New-Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-Screens-are-Golden-_.jpg

I'm loving the SEGA Genesis (Pixels) throwback. I don't think many people would catch it. It is nice that developers are putting subtle cameos!

/inb4 people take me srsly

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm loving the SEGA Genesis (Pixels) throwback. I don't think many people would catch it. It is nice that developers are putting subtle cameos!

That's a really nice detail haha!

Wow! This game seriously looks better and better every day! I have to say Sumo, Good job! *Still prayin for Ulala and a space channel stage!*

That framerate is looking super smooth since I last played the demo at Comic Con and about ten times smoother than when I first played it in San Fran. I'm impressed.

I like how quickly the vehicles transform. It's so fast that it doesn't distract you or slow the gameplay in anyway. That's the one thing I was concerned about. I see no reason now why this game shouldn't be an excellent, successful sequel.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Actually, it would be kind of cool if each character's shadow had the graphical quality of the console they first appeared on, it'd be a neat little reference and what not :U

Actually, it would be kind of cool if each character's shadow had the graphical quality of the console they first appeared on, it'd be a neat little reference and what not :U

Uh... I don't think so. They're just shadows.

Ok, maybe that's a stupid question, but it's about the translation of the game in the european version: it will be limited to text or it will be even for the voice acting?

Since Sonic Generations had translated VA, i wanted to know this.

Ooh, I hope so. But I don't think so. M&S didn't have them.

But the European version whats dubbed too no?

The speaker was dubbed in Spanish here. ofcourse the voice clips of the racers werent, but because they all were reused clips.

Ok, maybe that's a stupid question, but it's about the translation of the game in the european version: it will be limited to text or it will be even for the voice acting?

Thing is, this game doesn't have new voice clips. They're all ripped from old titles wherever possible. If these games didn't have multiple languages, then that is how it will stay I guess. Billy Hatcher only ever had a Japanese voice, and as such he's used that in every game since. Even though Generations gave Sonic characters voices in different languages, it's the only game to choose from so far. There isn't a very good selection. So it's only a guess, but I sincerely doubt there'll be anything other than English when it comes to voices.

But the European version whats dubbed too no?

The speaker was dubbed in Spanish here. ofcourse the voice clips of the racers werent, but because they all were reused clips.

I meant the characters. The announcer was always dubbed as far as I know.

Did this get posted at all?

It's from the reply events expo a few months ago, Not strictly ASRT related, but interesting all the same.

Maybe we're cooking up a trailer with them in? Who can say...

---

S0L

---

Source

Would this trailer show off the third guest character by any chance? =D

All text and the announcer VO is translated, but the character voices aren't. It would cost a fortune due to the large cast and amount of VO we'd have to translate and record!

LOL - it's actually a bug that, since been fixed :)

Did this get posted at all?

It's from the reply events expo a few months ago, Not strictly ASRT related, but interesting all the same.

Source

Would this trailer show off the third guest character by any chance? =D

Not so much :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL - it's actually a bug that, since been fixed smile.png

Erm, could you not make it an option to turn on 16bit shadows, only I think it looks pretty cool!

• Thumbs Up 5

Yep. One of the lovely complicated things about that platform is the sheer amount of controller we have to support. Wii Remotes on their tod, Wii Remote with Nun Chuck, Classic Controller Pro and GamePad. Thanks Nintendo tongue.png

Forgot to reply to this before. Good to know, I won't have to worry about having controllers if I get it for Wii U. Thanks for the answer.

All text and the announcer VO is translated, but the character voices aren't. It would cost a fortune due to the large cast and amount of VO we'd have to translate and record!

---

S0L

---

Make sense; it's ok, it makes not so much difference for me. Thanks for the answerhappy.png

Edited by Teoskaven

Was at PAX last weekend and demoed the game a bunch of times... I think it's impressive. It surprised me in a lot of ways, how much fun a Sonic racing game could be (even if we all wonder why Sonic's using vehicles).

I didn't like the first Sonic All Stars Racing game, so I was skeptical playing this (I really just wanted the swag lol), but it was a lot of fun and the controls are smooth when it comes to drifting. You definitely get an adrenaline rush from racing and the transformations... I didn't really notice them, so they didn't distract me from my race. Someone mentioned the Comic Con demo was choppy (I was there too), and they really improved it since then.

Snowballs still seem like a stupid weapon to me, but I suppose they are useful for blasting away obstacles.

Now... whats interesting about this is that in the background, I can make out Arron Webber talking about something.

Can anyone tell what? At various points I pick out words like "Sonic, eggman, bad guys and sequel" Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think it's anything too special, he might just be pitching Sonic the Hedgehog 4 to people. Or explaining how people can get under 4:30 for their swag prize.

This is a bit of a weird request... S0L. Behind your desk, when I was there, theres a huge framed CD/DVD and if I recall correctly, it's somethig to do with the arcade version of ASR (the original game folks).

What was that? And any chance we can get a pic on it because well... I'm curious and it's cool looking.

On a side note, Sega has confirmed through Facebook that...

304907_10151130280807418_129886872_n.jpg

this is Carrier Zone (inspired by After Burner). A few people (me included) thought it was Metal Harbor when seeing the trailer... Oh well, we still have SA2 HD. :)

Edited by Faseeh

It was kinda confirmed that it was an After Burner track the day the trailer was released :U

Oh, then for those who haven't seen that... or those people who have been mislead by DaGuAr.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a bit of a weird request... S0L. Behind your desk, when I was there, theres a huge framed CD/DVD and if I recall correctly, it's somethig to do with the arcade version of ASR (the original game folks).

What was that? And any chance we can get a pic on it because well... I'm curious and it's cool looking.

It's a commerative plaque for All-Star Racing Arcade and has the first ever printed Ring Wide installation disk for the game in there. When I get chance I'll grab a picture of it and pop it up somewhere...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

I AM SHADOW!

THE PERFECT CHILDRENS TOY!

*watches clip*

I wonder how long it'll be before someone discovers the trick you can do with the blowfish.

Good use of air tricks there. I've been wanting to see what Shadow's boat looked like for some time now.