Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I liked MK7 more than wii honestly. Wii is fun, just not perfect, and not hard to pass in the fun areas. Double dash I found quite enjoyable. again nothing special.

The last game was pretty awful, though this one seems to be looking much better. Not quite sold on it just yet though.

I wouldn't say awful. I mean It's better than most Kart games that aren't the MK games. It's decent to good I'd say.

They're by far the most fun to play competitively because they were done by a Nintendo who actually knew what the hell they were doing.

The new games allow you to turn the intensity down on the items or even turn them off altogether.

Mario Kart 7 even brought back a bunch of features from 64.

No idea. You can draw parallels between the 2 series since, they're quite similar. Both are a lot of fun, though ASR killed my hands more than MK Wii and 7 did. Man, keeping those drifts going made my index finger hate me. I will say items were also pretty damn useless in ASR, did you guys do anything about that? I know some people don't like the chaos of other "fun" racers but, it gets pretty damn boring, and aggravating, when no one can touch the guy in first.

Edited by King Of Awesome

They're the only ones that actually reward skill and aren't just luck based heaps of shit.

Yeah, you gotta need skill to deal with those rubber band ai.

That is one thing that I hope that isn't in Transformed, I think that there wasn't rubber band ai in the original, but I may be mistaked.

Edited by Tmsp

I recall rubber-banded AI was able to be turned on or off, though I may be mistaken from memory.

Someone took and edited some gameplay and trailer footage together with Skies of Arcadia footage. I mistook it from tiredness a bit, but might as well post it.

Edited by Agent York

It looks like the last trailer with a new music track over the top?

Edit: No it's not new. The description makes it clear, the guy just decided that the world needed the same trailer only with some different music over the top of it.

It looks like the last trailer with a new music track over the top?

It is, I had a derp moment in tiredness. XD;

Also, i should ask this. I played the game at PAX and caugfht some gameplay and have some impressions, would this be the best place to post it at? I actually got a good feel for some of the changes I can report on, but no impressions topic.

Edited by Agent York

S0L was nice enough to appear on the "SEGAbits presents Sonic Talk" podcast. I wasn't a part of it, but I'm told there are some new exclusive details that he shared. We'll all find out Monday what those details are. ph34r.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad

S0L was nice enough to appear on the "SEGAbits presents Sonic Talk" podcast. I wasn't a part of it, but I'm told there are some new exclusive details that he shared. We'll all find out Monday what those details are. ph34r.png

As the game is also SEGA related instead of just sonic,why didn't they join you guys in the swinging report show instead? I also find the swinging report show hosts more entertaining to listen to but that's more of a personal thing Edited by Djawed

As the game is also SEGA related instead of just sonic,why didn't they join you guys in the swinging report show instead? I also find the swinging report show hosts more entertaining to listen to but that's more of a personal thing

Thanks for preferring our show! :)

The Sonic Talk guys just happened to take the initiative before we did. To be honest, George has been busy this past week so we didn't get to recording a show. Fingers crossed we do one tonight, given all the news from today.

To be honest, I would have loved to talk to Steve. Who knows, maybe we can get him onto our show at some point?

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice, I'm liking the new power ups. They look fun and creative.

Also the track looks nice, with some nice details.

Also new sonic render, YAY, to bad it looks just like all the others YAY...sorry...tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

That video doesn't quite show you just how awesome the bees are. Unless it's been changed since I played it.

Gotta say though, I hate the fact the map is on the controller, so much easier/less distracting to glance at a part of the screen on the tv than down at the pad in your hand.

Cool. But it seems like the only thing the guy had a major problem with was the framerate and well.....that's it.

That video doesn't quite show you just how awesome the bees are. Unless it's been changed since I played it.

Gotta say though, I hate the fact the map is on the controller, so much easier/less distracting to glance at a part of the screen on the tv than down at the pad in your hand.

Do they slow you down or stop you completely?

Cool. But it seems like the only thing the guy had a major problem with was the framerate and well.....that's it.

Well... there is also the obvious issue that the Wii-U's pad has a design flaw if that gameplay vid is anything to go by, and nope I'm not talking about the screen, though that is distracting as hell by the looks of it.

Do they slow you down or stop you completely?

Now you know I can't tell you that, but they are quite a good weapon. That and I saw one of the pax 2012 vids use them to decent effect. =p

Now you know I can't tell you that, but they are quite a good weapon. That and I saw one of the pax 2012 vids use them to decent effect. =p

Oh I though since it was already showed it wouldn't be a problem asking, sorry.

Well It's good to see that weapons are a lot better than in the previous game.

Edited by redhellc

Eh, Ocean View seems pretty bland here, it's awfully short and nothing seems to really happen in the first two laps (Other than look gorgeous),and I really hate how the only time you go into the water is the last lap. Though I'm guessing that it will be a relatively early track, so it's to be expected I guess

Oh I though since it was already showed it wouldn't be a problem asking, sorry.

Well It's good to see that weapons are a lot better than in the previous game.

I'm just playing it safe really, though there is a vid somewhere which does show it in much better effect. Also anyone else notice how some of the weapons now seem to show a 'what the weapon does' explanation that pop up when you collect them?

Eh, Ocean View seems pretty bland here, it's awfully short and nothing seems to really happen in the first two laps (Other than look gorgeous),and I really hate how the only time you go into the water is the last lap. Though I'm guessing that it will be a relatively early track, so it's to be expected I guess

Considering how people have been playing the demo's, it's probably something of a learning curve.

I'm just playing it safe really, though there is a vid somewhere which does show it in much better effect. Also anyone else notice how some of the weapons now seem to show a 'what the weapon does' explanation that pop up when you collect them?

I remember S0L saying the tutorials were gonna take the form of onscreen prompts when you first do something.

Edited by FourCartridge

I really like what I've just seen! And I love the sense of speed in this game as well. But god, I hope the framerate will be fixed before release. I know it might be an early build, but still, it does make my worry. A good framrate would help to increase that sense of speed, which means more fun. But I guess the guys from Sumo should be aware of that haha!