Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Back home from work and just read through all 12 pages of this topic and caught up. I was already pretty hyped after looking at our coverage last night and after seeing that IGN video preview and reading the new details from previews and S0L's posts, I'm about to explode with excitement. Disappointed that the announcer has gone. I was a fan sad.png

I expect the Wii U version won't be announced until E3. We've known since January that it exists, just like we have the game itself :P As there are PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions, it would appear that Sumo Digital has a team working on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions and another working on the 3DS, Vita and Wii U versions.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with the game so far, S0L. You can expect me to buy all versions except for the PC one, like last time :D I don't game on my PC, and it's not set up for gaming anyway :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks alright so far. Toejam and Earl still have a chance too. I really hope for a Japanese voice option personally if there is going to be a story mode.

Maybe this time the PC version won't be stripped of multiplayer.

Probably won't have a JP voice option. First game wasn't released in Japan and didn't have it. This one probably won't be either. It's an English release title, developed and published.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because this game isn't doing anything wrong. At all. This is truth.

It's still way too early to say that (unless you want to count as Sonic driving a car to be wrong which some people is already complaining about) especially in the upcoming months when people will most likely complain about the levels selection or that their favorite SEGA character(s) didn't make it in. Hell, people is already going nuts about level selections and characters a few pages ago and another ASR topic. Sonic Generations didn't do anything wrong just from the teaser either.

When Sonic Generations or Sonic 4 hype is abound, people tend to go nuts over things like physics, level selections, and originality.

When S0L drops the ASR bomb, we all join harmoniously in awe and ecstasy. This is truth.

I think Classic Sonic's reveal in Generation from last year got a much bigger reaction out of people, honesty.

Edited by sonfan1984

I want an Alex Kidd themed stage, with the Alex Kidd theme playing in the background. I was super pissed when the music was so goddamn quiet for Alex Kidd's all star in the first game! Was so hard to actually hear it.

Guys...

Sketch Turner, riding a piece of paper. The paper folds into an airplane, and a boat.

Make it happen Sumo.

• Thumbs Up 7

Guys...

Sketch Turner, riding a piece of paper. The paper folds into an airplane, and a boat.

Make it happen Sumo.

But the paper will get all soggy in the water :(

• Thumbs Up 2

But the paper will get all soggy in the water sad.png

melina07,paper,boat,water,photography,art,blue-9b4f117b1ff49d12d42e49c8cfed6522_h.jpg

I disagree!

But yeah. Sketch Turner would be a cool addition, but what would his all star move be? Would he erase other racers?

E racer.

Eraser.

hahaha

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh cool, I may get this some time. I only played the first ASR on the iPhone for .99¢ so I disn't get a good impression of it.

So now we've got the Dimps game and the spinoff with different gameplay. I predict we will start hearing about the next main series platformer soon, maybe around E3 or shortly after, due for a November release with Dimps making the watered down version for the 3DS/Vita. Colors and Generations were good, let's hope it continues the trend.

This might be veering a bit off-topic, but this interview implies that Sumo is unaware of Project X Zone (and doesn't think much of the Olympic games, while we're at it):

GC: This is a bit off topic but I don't understand why there's never been a Kingdom Hearts style crossover game either with just Sega's own titles or some combination of Nintendo or Capcom or somebody else. It seems such an obvious thing to do and yet Mario and Sonic's crossover is wasted on a banal Track & Field clone, one whose gameplay has nothing to do with what the two franchises are best know for.

JN: It's irrelevant, but it's successful!

GC: Well, yes that is the obvious answer I guess.

JN: But I agree, a Kingdom Hearts style game would be brilliant.

Well, there we have it: two different crossovers for two different 'smores. Personally, I'll be sticking with this one.

I am so excited for this! Seriously I'm liking what i hear about the stages, Characters and Music! I hope we get a level out of one of the Modern games. I want to see Sweet mountain or TROPICAL RESORT.

Has anyone mentioned Ecco since this announcement? Cause, you know... water.

• Thumbs Up 4

Has anyone mentioned Ecco since this announcement? Cause, you know... water.

I want to see how sega will turn a giant fish bowl holding a dolphin into a plane.:P

I like how sites that covered our ASR sequel article in January (which was proved true today) are running ASRT Wii U speculation articles when our article CONFIRMED the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay! Another game that I will buy, making me poorer. I'm so glad Sega loves me so much.

• Thumbs Up 5

S0L, did you work at Gremlin Graphics? If so, how do you feel about Oban Star Racers copying the plot to Top Gear 3000? Are you going to include a noseless mode in retaliation?

I want to see how sega will turn a giant fish bowl holding a dolphin into a plane.tongue.png

Have Echo turn into a future dolphin.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Myyy.... gaaawdddd

I just remembered alex kidds boat and helicopter.... Yeah this is going to be excellent

Edited by remy
Merged your double post.

Wow! This looks better than I could have hoped. The first game was better than Mario Kart Wii, but this one is going to blow it out of the water. I'm glad we won't have levels repeating again, playing Final Fortress three times was a bit much. I hope we get a Colours level, preferably Starlight Carnival or Sweet Mountain. As for characters, wasn't Big in the first game because S0L or one of the lead developers wanted him in? For that I doubt he'll be taken out though I'd prefer Blaze to take his spot in the initial roster and then release him as DLC, possibly with a level based on Mystic Ruins/Lost World. Sketch Turner would be amazing as I was hoping for him to be DLC for the first game.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen so many popular stars in a single thread before. Just goes to show how excited we are about this game!

I demand sumo to give me my Toe Jam and Earl in this along with Bayonetta and Silver or things will get messy!(Really though can't wait to see the new characters!)

So, there's a rumor about console specific characters again, eh?

Hmmm...

Wii U console specific character: Waluigi. Because trolling Mario Kart 7 has never been easier.

Do it Sumo, I dares ya.

• Thumbs Up 9

This genuinely looks excellent, if there's nothing super-exciting out at the time I can see myself getting this day 1 or close to it. The adventure-sounding single player, transforming vehicles, fantastic visuals and locales, etc all have me excited to see how this turns out. I definitely want to see more before release but it's off to a good start.

So, there's a rumor about console specific characters again, eh?

Hmmm...

Wii U console specific character: Waluigi. Because trolling Mario Kart 7 has never been easier.

Do it Sumo, I dares ya.

Nintendo fanboys:WHERE'S WALUIGI?! Nintendo:Oh he's at sumo busy being in a Sonic Racing game! Sumo:Problem?!
  • Thumbs Up 2