Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

While I don't think Billy should be completely excluded (at least give him a place in the character roster or the final returning track since we don't currently have an ice track) the last game was a little overwhelming with his presence.

I can see Opa-Opa as flagman as well, as much as I liked playing him the last game I can't quite see his transformations being all that interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Billy were the lost character I'd be very happy. Yeah, I'm an asshole. But I've really grown to dislike the level of Hatcherness the first ASR had. It didn't bother me at first, but after a while I started to get annoyed by the fact that he had three stages and a roster slot. Thats a bit too much for a franchise like Billy Hatcher (which isn't really a franchise, given it had one game).

Sonic's nine tracks that were mostly uninteresting duds bothered me far more than Billy Hatcher's three. Rampart Road is actually one of my favorite tracks in the game. Lava Lair is the biggest pile of shit ever tho' I'll be honest. I think everyone realized it too whenever I played online.

I remember a few times I played online a host got angry because I had a win streak, so they picked Lava Lair. I beat them on that and they picked Lava Lair again immediately afterward. Yeah no, fuck that stage. I immediately disconnected so I wouldn't be forced to play it again.

Well, I'm glad that interview came out. People's hype levels were dying out with the drought of reveals. Can't wait for the new trailer!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd tell you the details, but it's quite hard to note everything they've mentioned but

Thanks mate! Back to the hype train I guess...

Lava Lair is the biggest pile of shit ever tho' I'll be honest. I think everyone realized it too whenever I played online.

I.... liked that stage...

He got that star from an item box. So it`s like the first game after all........

And at the risk of sounding stupid, what was that all-star move supposed to be doing? I saw Sonic's car in flight mode and four rings surrounding it. What's the attack there?

Oh god that Toot Toot Sonic Warrior remix

Maybe his air one is Super Sonic?

Edited by Zero

Now that I've re read this I dont think so sad.png

"Every All Star Move has been re-done due to the game now taking place on land, sea and air"

Because what if a character activates an All Star right in front of a Transforming Gate? its easier if its just one.

Super Sonic as his air would've been nice though.

Edited by Zone Seeker

THE POWER IS IN YOUR MIND TO SAVE THE PLANET AND CONQUER TI-I-ME YAY!

MAN I LOVED THAT INSTRUMENTAL REMIX!

By the way, what's up with that all-star move?

Edited by Jango

Loving the remix of You Can Do Anything. Sonic's All Star move looks intresting. It's no Super Sonic but it's diffrent.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

So why are the rings there? I mean I assume they act like shields but I thought you were invincible durring all star moves. Though I like that Sonic homing attacks the near by competition.

He got that star from an item box. So it`s like the first game after all........

Thats really strange, in all the other versions we've seen, thats not how you get an all star move. In fact looking at the track I can see how you're supposed to get an all star move. so unless they've decided to random add them back into the item boxes in order to balance it out a tad. But they definately were not item boxes before.

Yeah that struck me as odd too. Some item boxes must have a yellow star inside them, and he just happened to need only one more, rather than there being an All Star item.

Edited by Pawn

After looking at that footage again he gets the All-star right before the Item Box, It also isnt broken after he passes it like a normal one should be. Since this is the Wii U version could the All-star meter just be on the gamepad? otherwise we would have seen it filling up.

Edited by Zone Seeker

The player got the same star in an item box later in the footage by taking a short cut tunnel and didn't get an All-Star Move. The star appears to be a rare item that helps fill your All-Star meter.

• Thumbs Up 3

I Really hope theres more versions to an All-Star move, cause while it did look er..."unique" It didnt seem too "All-Star" I dunno. I think theres more to it, I mean why would it change to air form? I think we havent seen all, but I can say Id rather have Super Sonic than this. :/ Hopefully S0L will shed some light.

Wii U Preview

• Game is washed out, not as colorful as ASR or previous Sonic games.

• Framerate is choppy (Drops heavily below 30FPS), sense of speed is lost in a Sonic/Racing game

• Worried that the game won't be fixed by release date

• Was enjoyable though

• Seaside level feels "very lifeless", should have been more vibrant for a Sonic stage game. Not memorable at all.

• SUMO hasn't nailed level designs/colors yet, but the music is nostalgic.

• ONLY had one Sonic stage and ONE playable character

• Compared to E3 PS3 Demo, which was choppy but has got better - Ironically, E3 demo had more stages/characters

• Negative views, scared that it may not be good by launch due to lack of content shown and current problems

• Thought the level was bland, but got better during the last lap when the course fell apart, boat felt weird though.

• Hopes the game will "transform" into a good game.

Ouch!

Wii U Preview

• Game is washed out, not as colorful as ASR or previous Sonic games.
  • Framerate is choppy (Drops heavily below 30FPS), sense of speed is lost in a Sonic/Racing game
  • Worried that the game won't be fixed by release date
  • Was enjoyable though
  • Seaside level feels "very lifeless", should have been more vibrant for a Sonic stage game. Not memorable at all.
  • SUMO hasn't nailed level designs/colors yet, but the music is nostalgic.
  • ONLY had one Sonic stage and ONE playable character
  • Compared to E3 PS3 Demo, which was choppy but has got better - Ironically, E3 demo had more stages/characters
  • Negative views, scared that it may not be good by launch due to lack of content shown and current problems
  • Thought the level was bland, but got better during the last lap when the course fell apart, boat felt weird though.
  • Hopes the game will "transform" into a good game.

Ouch!

So...he's talking about the Wii U version only, or the game in general. I don't know how the PS3/Xbox 360 versions play so far but it seems that the game runs better than the Wii U version on those platforms. I hope that they delay the Wii U version if need be.

Edited by KrazyBean