Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The guy was pretty much a terrible player himself, allthough he does make one good point. Particularly that the stage is not memorable. Very accurate there.

Edited by Djawed

I don't think I like the look of Sonic's All Star move... :/

The animation looks incomplete, I think he's supposed to turn into Super Sonic.

The guy picked out really bad negatives:

Bad Colours.....wow....that's just.....a very pointless argument. It looks good, no one can deny that.

Worried it won't be fixed by release? Have they seen the improvements from SoS and E3 to now? I am sure it'll be fixed by release.

Seaside Hill track is lifeless - I agree, but it's the first track of the game.

He pretty much called it a Sonic game....which it isn't.

He wasn't sure the game had multiple franchises, or at least was unsure....wow....way to not do your homework before reviewing.

States that JSR and Billy Hatcher tracks didn't do it for him in the last game. If he said having 3 tracks per franchise then fair enough, but in general? lol....no.

He also didn't acknowledge how well designed the other tracks are, if you insult one track at least play another to compare....

He based it on only playing Sonic and Seaside Hill....you can't help what yo are offered, but why review a build that has so little then? Giving it a negative as you can only play as Sonic and saying "I worry this game will not be good" without even asking whether they are FOCUSING ON THE GAME RATHER THEN A DEMO pretty much made them lose their otherwise friendly approach to the review.

Sorry for the rant, but they were too negative in this regard...the colours negative pretty much dismayed me. The track is dull, but the graphics weren't.

Worried it won't be fixed by release? Have they seen the improvements from SoS and E3 to now? I am sure it'll be fixed by release.

Um, no, this is the Wii U version and it's the first footage we've seen of it.

The SOS/E3 builds were the PS3 and 360 versions so those "improvements" you mention are moot as this is an entirely different version.

To anyone getting defensive over his podcast, keep in mind he played both Wii U and PS3 versions. That means stuff he was bashing the Wii U version on (Colors are washed out, not as good compared to PS3) isn't "pointless" bickering as he knows what they're supposed to look like.

*sigh* old demo code gets shown, framerate gets discussed again. It's better now, it'll be better on release.

It doesn't help we forced the demo to the Beginner difficulty with the reduced speed, plus I can see loads of things that have changed in the last week alone which has pushed this way past what was shown.

Have a little faith chaps. I write this at the end of another epic 15 hour day - we're putting our backs into this...!

---

S0L

---

Don't worry SOL, we love Sumo! We'll always put our faith into you guys.

<3

• Thumbs Up 4

*sigh* old demo code gets shown, framerate gets discussed again. It's better now, it'll be better on release.

It doesn't help we forced the demo to the Beginner difficulty with the reduced speed, plus I can see loads of things that have changed in the last week alone which has pushed this way past what was shown.

Have a little faith chaps. I write this at the end of another epic 15 hour day - we're putting our backs into this...!

---

S0L

---

I don't know why people always think Demo code is the latest code, it never is. I'm sure you guys are getting the hang of the Wii U's different architecture.

SOL, the game looks fantastic and I cant wait to play it!

But..... dont get me wrong, its only my opinion. I think the All-Star move had a downgrade in this game. I really did not understand the Sonic All Star move.

I wonder if all All-Star moves force the player into a sort of turbo-powered Plane mode, hovering over all the waves in the water and bumps on the ground, with the rings on Sonic's serving as HP due to All-Stars being obtainable even in first place, thus the possibly of being spun-out if you get too cocky and lose them all?

It could also tie in to what they said they did to make the All-Star moves work properly online, making Sonic's Spin-Dash/Homing Attack move is technically a projectile object so they can use the same networking code.

So about the multiple difficulty levels:

Is it necessary to play through the easier difficulties to unlock everything? Can I jump straight into the hardest difficulty and see all there is to see in the game? I ask because Mario Kart has you slog through the boring, slow engine classes.

I would assume the game uses "SEGA Miles" to purchase unlockables, like in the first game. That means you could play whatever you want.

SEGA Miles have been done away with this time.

So then either everyone is available at start or unlocked through beating cups? Well then yeah, hopefully it just stacks difficulty so you could say, unlock the beginner class unlockables when you beat Intermediate cups.

you gain XP for winning races and driving skillfully which all tallies up to upgrading your car with these Mod's that have been briefly mentioned...i'm guessing they improve handling and speed and stuff? that's what i think anyway.

i'm guessing things are unlocked from completing certain challenges, and not having to pay for them in a store.

you gain XP for winning races and driving skillfully which all tallies up to upgrading your car with these Mod's that have been briefly mentioned...i'm guessing they improve handling and speed and stuff? that's what i think anyway.

Edited by FourCartridge

S0L, you care to explain what Sonic's new all-star move is all about? How does it work?

I'm trying to figure it out.

Let's see, there's a bunch of rings floating around him and his car turns into its flight mode... the rings are moving as fast as his car, so he can't collect them, which must mean that they serve some other purpose. Perhaps they're supposed to be ran into by enemies or projectiles. Also Sonic is seen leaving his car and traveling down the track as a projectile.

Quite a strange thing indeed. How's anyone supposed to figure out its use just from looking at it?

i read somewhere that Sonic's All Star is basically his homing attack, but how i pictured it is he turns into a spinball and rockets down the track smashing into the competition, but all the extra stuff we seen was a bit.. excessive.

So Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed has mild language and animated blood in it... Thoughts? http://www.sega.com/...ng-transformed/

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: E10+

Comic Mischief

Mild Cartoon Violence

Lyrics

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: E10+

Animated Blood

Mild Language

Mild Cartoon Violence

So Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed has mild language and animated blood in it... Thoughts? http://www.sega.com/...ng-transformed/

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: E10+

Comic Mischief

Mild Cartoon Violence

Lyrics

Animated Blood

Mild Language

Mild Cartoon Violence

How can a 7+ racing game have blood...interesting. Then again, look how gory the Dark Gaia battle was in Unleashed, and that was a 7+ game.

P.S - 7+ is the PEGI rating (the rating system we use in Europe) for ASRT.

Edited by KrazyBean

I guess we'll see a little (probably green?) blood in a House of the Dead track this time.

EDIT: What constitutes as 'Mild Language'? 'Darn', 'butt' and things like that?

Edited by Pawn

Animated Blood

Mild Language

Mild Cartoon Violence

Where's that "DAMN" fourth Chaos Emerald....am I right? lol

Animated Blood? Hmmm....House of the Dead probably, although Shinobi would be violent on the PS2 version.

Although Valkyria had no blood in it, so it could have a chance in this game after all!

Cartoon Violence is more of a 3+ thing since Tom & Jerry have done that sort of thing before it was rated a 7/10+.

So this means the ESRB website should be updating with a description soon, right? We pretty much knew Ulala was in last time because of the ESRB description:

One of the female racers wears a short skirt with a laser gun that clings to her thigh; she taunts opponents by gyrating her hips and blowing a kiss.

Let's keep our eyes out for something similar this time.