Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Will it be new, the last returning track, or both though? The other 3 retro tracks have new versions too.

Edited by FourCartridge

Blood that is green isn't really blood, it's like squishing an insect doesn't make it that their blood is spilt, since they are "squished".

I assume they are playing it safe.

Animated blood? Hell yes. That means there's gotta be scary zombies in the HOTD stage! Just what the doctor ordered.

Maybe they're also able to say "House of the Dead" instead of Curien Mansion.

Don't think you've won our arguement from a couple of months back just yet! We'll just see! *fist shaking* >8U

• Thumbs Up 2

Ehh i have to agree that Ocean view looks very bland from a visual and gameplay standpoint. I mean I know it's the first level, but still. And while It may have a giant robo octopus thing and whales, they honestly don't seem to do that much that's exciting or that we haven't seen already done. I mean Generations seemed to be more alive with it's seaside hill compared to this.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's the first stage, it's meant to be easy, simple and short as you learn the ropes of the gameplay in it, the only thing that puzzles me is the lack of flight in the first stage, you'd think as a tutorial level of sorts they'd have a bit of everything so you can have a taste of what's to come for the next or later tracks.

Even if it's the first stage, It seems like a very boring start to the game. That's probably just me though. I mean I'm not expecting Sandy drift like levels for the start of the game, but something a little more....interesting? As for the flight thing, I thought Sol said something about it including flight.

• Thumbs Up 1

for a starter stage it's ok, they tried to add new things to stop us moaning about Seaside Hill getting represented yet again, from what we've seen we haven't seen the entire course as in the video the player missed the stepping stones short cut which looked like it took you to a more grassy area rather than the white raceway, i m bummed out by there only being one lap on water though, we only get to interact with the robo squid briefly, i expected it to fuck shit up on a grand scale because of it's size, like cause big waves to disrupt the player, wrapping around the raceway, busting holes in the road you have to slalom around and naturally being a pain... but it just sorta sits there and flails every once and a while.

unless it's on a low difficulty setting... S0L will track hazards become more active on higher difficulty levels?

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't watch much to avoid spoilers but I'm guessing the fact that it's a returning locale didn't help matters much with the excitement factor. As for not featuring all three transformations I can only assume they didn't want to throw TOO MUCH at the first time player. I imagine the second track will probably feature flight but not water, and then they start throwing all three at us from that point on.

I feel like the only one who looked at the stage and thought "man, that looks way better than the starter stage in the first game!'

Not saying we should all have low standards, but keep in mind that as the first level it has to introduce more mechanics than most other racing games, without making it too complicated for new players.

• Thumbs Up 7

I feel like the only one who looked at the stage and thought "man, that looks way better than the starter stage in the first game!''

I thought Whale Lagoon was a lot better than Ocean View. It had a load going on with the split paths at the start, the wooden path that climbed upwards and the loop. This... doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 5

Dang, that game looks pretty fun. And they DIDN'T use Super Sonic for once? Holy shit, color me surprised.

Also, very glad we're getting Sonic Boom here in the US...You Can Do Anything can go fuck itself.

STOP FUCKING CALLING IT TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR GODDAMMIT

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario

Well if the american version really get Sonic Boom with no option to switch to You Can Do Anything, I'm buying from EU tongue.png And especially if there's another Sonic CD music remixed, I dislike most of the american soundtrack.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3

I feel like the only one who looked at the stage and thought "man, that looks way better than the starter stage in the first game!'

Despite my disappointment of the plainness of the track, it does look better then Whale Lagoon for sure...although I would have rather had Lost Palace as a retro track in this case.

Edited by Ruhm

Well if the american version really get Sonic Boom with no option to switch to You Can Do Anything, I'm buying from EU tongue.png And especially if there's another Sonic CD music remixed, I dislike most of the american soundtrack.

The off chance that'd happen, I'd be pretty mad. Making songs exclusive to one country is pointless, especially since we've seen both of these songs in both regions just recently.

Plus, Europe getting YCDA over Sonic Boom would be a real kick in the nuts.

I'm pretty sure S0L just meant it's a funny coincidence that the track they chose was from the Japanese soundtrack, rather than the American one, when you consider the game is targeted (at least primarily) at a western audience.

• Thumbs Up 1