Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

What if we decided we weren't going to reveal any more characters... tongue.png

Just think, you'd have to wait till launch day. Oh the stress!

---

S0L

---

Yeh... hehe who is stressed about that!? excited_zps8b9e665f.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

---

S0L

---

Well then my interest would be pretty much dead.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for other games, especially games where characters are one of the most important things in it and having them being revealed and shown in action from time to time always brings up my hype to high levels.

Now having characters revealed only in name isn't the same thing and we have ones confirmed for 4 months and haven't seen them at all.

Some videos like the old Ryo one would do wonders.

Edited by Tmsp

---

S0L

---

I'll just buy PlayStation All-Stars since that comes out the same day this is in the US.

Oh joy~!

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm buying the game because it looks like a damn good kart racer (probably the best kart racer you can get on the PS3/Xbox 360), characters wouldn't make or break my decision of buying the game...but it would be nice to who's in the game and see them in action.

We have just under two months left till release, and that's quite a while to wait. I'm not expecting you to reveal everything like what SEGA did with Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations, but can we at least get some reveals? Hype building is always a good thing.

Edited by KrazyBean

c'mon guys, It is impossible they aren't going to reveal anything 'till the release. we have 8 characters, 6 tracks (one of them beeing returning), the game modes, all the All Star moves (except the Sonic one) and most of the music tracks yet to be revealed.

if they want to keep something secret they could release a trailer next week with 2 new chars and 2 new stages, with some hardly seen yet like NiGHTS, Ralph, Gum and Danica. Death Hangar, Sunshine Tour and Shibuya Downtown shown might be fine too.

October might be time for some multiplayer modes reveals, new versions showed, and 2 char & 1 new stage and the last returning stage

November for 2 chars and 2 stages, and so we'd have 2 secret characters and 2 secret stages.

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Revealing stuff just by name doesn't really have an impact one me.

I know that Gum and Danica are in the game for a long time now, but I haven't seen them. What's the point in that? Aren't they finished or something?

If they did something like

or
once in a while the hype would be pretty high, but instead we get characters revealed only in name by magazines or conferences.

I know they can do it, remember that Ryo trailer? Yeah, that is what I'm talking about.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have to say though that the hype for the previous game was handled way better... I really have no idea why SEGA is not promoting this game like it should. Danica and Ralph are the cash-in ones, and w've only seen a couple of articles and a blurry not public trailer at Sonic Boom event that never became public.

SEGA has smart ideas, but doesn't know how to do marketing (they actually never did). I hope they'll surprise me this time, but I'm not that faithful

Anyway SUMO is doing a great job, but SEGA has to learn that having SOL, Rex and Spartan here teasing us is not enough to keep the crowd interested. I'll buy this game no matter what, but because I follow the news every week and I feel this will be a great game, but casual gamers hardly know about this game, and that's sadly true

Completely disagree. What SEGA has shown so far is really the amount I would prefer for any games. I don't see why people are so keen to have everything spoiled for them these days. I hate to sound like a moaning old fart, but back in the 90's, we only got bits and pieces revealed about a game before hand through magazines and TV ads. I miss that. I think it's so much better to discover a lot of the content through playing the game instead of seeing it all beforehand.

I have to say though that the hype for the previous game was handled way better... I really have no idea why SEGA is not promoting this game like it should.

SEGA has smart ideas, but doesn't know how to do marketing (they actually never did). I hope they'll surprise me this time, but I'm not that faithful

• Thumbs Up 4

Completely disagree. What SEGA has shown so far is really the amount I would prefer for any games. I don't see why people are so keen to have everything spoiled for them these days. I hate to sound like a moaning old fart, but back in the 90's, we only got bits and pieces revealed about a game before hand through magazines and TV ads. I miss that. I think it's so much better to discover a lot of the content through playing the game instead of seeing it all beforehand.

It's not that most of us want EVERYTHING spoiled. We'd just like....a little more to keep our interested. A stage reveal in a trailer, A new mode reveal, it doesn't have to be big. But the teasing us thing just doesn't do it for someone like me.:/

This is why games shouldn't be revealed so far in advance of their planned release period. If they had revealed it later, they could easily spread out some content reveals without revealing too much and without these long gaps of no info/media.

• Thumbs Up 2

The most importante thing in crossovers are the characters that are in it.

Believe it or not many people only get the game or try it if their favorite character is there, I did that with Brawl thanks to Sonic.

Characters are the most fundamental thing to create hype for a crossover game, when they stop appearing the hype gets down quickly.

Have a character revealed in X convention, then one next month in X gaming website with some bits of item, all-stars, stage here and there so the wait isn't that long. This way people will be always entertained talking about the new stuff.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

we're not in the 90's anymore, the media changed, the promotion strategies changed, everything is faster and the more u get the more u are interested to buy a certain product. We have internet, we have youtube, we have video reviews and so on...u can't just compare now to yesterday. I also miss the days I read the official Dreamcast Magazine as a child in Italy (unbelievable, we also had it here) where I could find so much about Sonic Adventure 2 and Shenmue, spending days in the same article 'till the release of the next magazine. The Hype was really well handled back then!

The truth is that SEGA never cared so much about promoting (aside from the Genesis era), failing with Saturn and Dreamcast, as well for everything else not concerning Sonic. To be honest, even with Sonic they kind of messed some things up in the early past

This is why games shouldn't be revealed so far in advance of their planned release period. If they had revealed it later, they could easily spread out some content reveals without revealing too much and without these long gaps of no info/media.

..How is that even relevant now when the game comes out in less than two months?

..How is that even relevant now when the game comes out in less than two months?

I didn't say it was supposed to be relevant. huh.png I was replying to Sora's post saying that they should have revealed the game later. I wasn't talking about the here and now.

Well, technically, the last characters revealed we have seen in a trailer are unfinished NiGHTS and Reala models; Ralph was just screenshotted and Danica and Gum are still in the shadows.

If not bringing new reveals, why don't show what we already know in better details?