Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I think it's worth-while to remind everyone that we, altogether, counting every instance, know who over twenty of the characters are. That's nearly as many as were in the first game, and is almost the entirety of the roster in this game.

I just don't get it. You're not going to buy a game because of the lack of reveals? It's likely we're going to know every character before the game's street date anyways due to leaks and what not, what's the big deal? Chill out. If you can't get excited for this game already due to the content out there, or by Sumo's track record, I don't think this game is for you. Holding out for "that one character" will likely just end up in disappointment.

I wouldn't be amazed if we get a character trailer next week, and then people start demanding more 6 days later. What does amaze me, is that S0L still bothers to check this thread and reply with all of the negativity, and immaturity this topic has seen. We've got a fantastic thing with Steve coming here and talking about the game with us. When was the last time a Sonic Team member swung by the SSMB and did a Q&A with us?

Keep feeling how you feel already, I suppose. Just try and keep some perspective. I hope I didn't offend anyone either, it's just frustrating to me to see this.

• Thumbs Up 6

Nah, i'll still buy the game as i said. It's just that the timing doesn't sound right.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have praised SUMO so much in this forum that I'm starting beeing repetitive. I'm here to talk and to confront ideas. I've pre-ordered the game, I won't change my mind for any reasons. I just said my opinion about SEGA beeing quite bad at promoting. The only thing I could really complain is the lack of Ryo (if this will be the case). Even in that case though, I would simply start a massive DLC request and unite Shenmue fans to do something like the NiGHTS campaign last time :P

back to topic, there's really few things to complain, and that's not about technical aspects of the game, at least for now :D

• Thumbs Up 1

We've got a fantastic thing with Steve coming here and talking about the game with us. When was the last time a Sonic Team member swung by the SSMB and did a Q&A with us?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well By the time the demo comes out(I think they said they wanted it a month before the actual game somewhere), We'll have ripped everything out from it.:P I mean, look at generations!

I never bothered to mention it before, but holy hell there is so much going on on the Wii U GamePad screen I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it.

So when are we going to see a new trailer atleast?

I'm still planning on buying the game but there's hardly nothing for me to really get excited about.

I wouldn't say that tongue.png

Are you implying what I think you're implying?

Please be implying what I think you're implying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone who thinks I'm scared of forums hasn't met me in real life. I'm a big lad for a start, and a biker, and you especially don't want to ge on the wrong side of me after a few jars... tongue.png

I'm not posting less as I'm scared, I'm just priortising the game first - we don't have long to get it finished smile.png

---

S0L

---

I was talking about one of the Sonic Team members being scared/hesitant to hang around here but okay.

Sol are the NiGHTS and Reela animations changed up yet? or at least different from what we saw before. Cause I hope that they end up having a bit of life put into them. From what I've seen they look like regular cars with a decoration face on.

I wouldn't say that tongue.png

---

S0L

---

OMG I really hope thats some sort of confirmation but I guess youre just trolling us here :P by the way I just wanna say this looks better and better every time. Cant wait to get that new trailer!!! I was precisely talking with a friend about how this game just beats Mario Kart in so many ways. And he was like nahh ... then I explained all the features and he changed his mind, I sure hope this gets as much advertisements as it can get.

Sol are the NiGHTS and Reela animations changed up yet? or at least different from what we saw before. Cause I hope that they end up having a bit of life put into them. From what I've seen they look like regular cars with a decoration face on.

I can get behind this. I want to play as NiGHTS and Reala, not a Nightopian and Goodle. Fill those Nightmaren sons of Wizeman with LIFE!

Segata Sanshiro is by far the worst-kept secret about this game. So apart from him, what other games are in? Any newcomers we haven't seen yet?

But in that SegaBits interview, I thought it was clear that Segata Sanshiro might not be in it, due to the whole likeness thing?

Unless the Segata Sanshiro theme is one of the music tracks?

Segata Sanshiro is by far the worst-kept secret about this game. So apart from him, what other games are in? Any newcomers we haven't seen yet?

What are you talking about, he's not been mentioned at all except for that Segabits interview.

• Thumbs Up 1

How so? There haven't been any leaks or anything to suggest he will be in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

What are you talking about, he's not been mentioned at all except for that Segabits interview.

What are YOU talking about? He's been mentioned constantly in interviews since the game was announced. There have been a steady stream of implications, insinuations, and if he wasn't in the game they would've deconfirmed him by now like they did with Vectorman. They've basically said EVERYTHING they could possibly say without just directly confirming him outright. IGN said that the final unlockable in the game is the "biggest piece of Sega fanservice ever", what the hell else could it be but him? There is nothing in Sega more obscure and fanservicey than him.

I'm just going to treat it as if it's a foregone conclusion that Sanshiro's in this game. I want to hear about other games and stuff being represented. I still have yet to hear word about whether Streets of Rage or Ristar are in the game...

Edited by PsychoJosh

What are YOU talking about?

*looks around, spots the forum title*

Aparently Sonic All stars Racing Transformed?

He's been mentioned constantly in interviews since the game was announced. There have been a steady stream of implications, insinuations, and if he wasn't in the game they would've deconfirmed him by now like they did with Vectorman. They've basically said EVERYTHING they could possibly say without just directly confirming him outright.

There has? Not that I don't believe you since I don't read every single thing about the game, but I can't remember a single interview that has done this. The Segabits interview almost totally deconfirms him. Have you got any links to said interviews to back this up?

IGN said that the final unlockable in the game is the "biggest piece of Sega fanservice ever", what the hell else could it be but him?

The Cyber-razor Cut man,

The Sega Pirate

Sega carnival style track.

The Sega Neptune

The founder of Sega as a playable character.

A Joypolis/Sega World track.

Or even IGN sexing up its own article.

And those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head without really spending too much time on it. It sounds to me you're just jumping to conclusions without actually thinking it through, theres tons of possabilities as to what/who it could be.

The Cyber-razor Cut man,

The Sega Pirate

Sega carnival style track.

The Sega Neptune

The founder of Sega as a playable character.

A Joypolis/Sega World track.

Who? What? Now you're just being intentionally myopic. None of those would be NEARLY as big a piece of fanservice as Sanshiro. I mean, the founder of Sega? Seriously? How the hell would that be fanservice if there's literally nothing about him in Sega fan culture? None of what you listed makes any sense. Sanshiro is by far the "biggest" thing in Sega fan culture so there's no reason to expect it'll be anything else, especially NONE of those things you listed which barely have any impact on fan culture in comparison to Sanshiro. They said the "BIGGEST" piece of fanservice, none of what you listed would be anywhere near as big a reveal as Sanshiro. Use some logic here.

Also, not that anything's been said on this, but I fully expect a Sega Carnival-style stage as well. It wouldn't be surprising. Sanshiro would be surprising.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I really don't give that much of a shit about Segata Sanshiro to ever consider his inclusion in a game like this to be "the biggest piece of Sega fanservice ever." I don't even want to think about his inclusion when we don't know about all the veterans from the first All-Stars Racing coming back yet.

If what IGN said is to be believed then I'd like to think it's a really long and super awesome crossover track that makes use of a ton of different Sega IPs. That'd kick the shit out of anything Segata Sanshiro related as far as I'm concerned. Really don't get everyone's obsession with him lately. :\

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who? What? Now you're just being intentionally myopic.

No, I think I'm intentionally pointing out that you're not being open minded and instantly jumping to Segata Sanshiro since you've done what most people do when they read articles like that and not think it through.

The interpretation of IGN's Rocket Chainsaws article can mean absolutely anything, and please don't try to be funny with the whole what, who thing, you know perfectly well who/what some of those things are on the list and long term fans of Sega would certainly recognise them as well as people who are not nessesarilly sega fans. The Cyber Razor cut advert and Pirate Sega are two IP's which would actually cross culture since even if you didn't own a Sega system you would have been exposed to them and likely seen them in some way.

Also the links to the articles/interviews that hint at him being in the game? Where are they exactly?

None of those would be NEARLY as big a piece of fanservice as Sanshiro. I mean, the founder of Sega? Seriously? How the hell would that be fanservice if there's literally nothing about him in Sega fan culture? None of what you listed makes any sense. Sanshiro is by far the "biggest" thing in Sega fan culture so there's no reason to expect it'll be anything else, especially NONE of those things you listed which barely have any impact on fan culture in comparison to Sanshiro. They said the "BIGGEST" piece of fanservice, none of what you listed would be anywhere near as big a reveal as Sanshiro.

Yes they did say the biggest... did they also happen to say as to what level of iconography they put that too? One could say that about anything and mean something completely different to another person.

Stating 'Biggest piece of fanservice' does not mean it could be one specific thing, because it's open for too much interpretation. It could mean utterly anything.

A Sega Carnival stage is to be expected as well.

And you know thats not what the line is talking about... how exactly?

Edit: For gods sake... It wasn't even IGN that said that line it was a random blog website called 'rocket chainsaw.'

I can't reason with you. Like I said, you're being intentionally myopic.

Also, IGN said it in this preview. Just FYI.

The fan service here is phenomenal, and the final unlockable in particular is one that will delight long-term Sega acolytes.

There you go.

If what IGN said is to be believed then I'd like to think it's a really long and super awesome crossover track that makes use of a ton of different Sega IPs. That'd kick the shit out of anything Segata Sanshiro related as far as I'm concerned. Really don't get everyone's obsession with him lately. :\

I don't care much about him either. I mean don't get me wrong, it'd be very neat to have him in. But there's other stuff I want to hear about before his inevitable reveal.

Edited by PsychoJosh