Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

^ Good question. I always look for that kinda info myself.

consider me crossing my fingers that S0L can answer that one ^^

I got to play the game at the EB games expo, and I had a lot of fun with it. They had both the PS3 demo from E3 and the Seaside hill demo on both Wii U and 360, and there were no lines for the game despite it being right at the entrance.

Maybe it's just because I played the original game too much, but I found the game a bit hard to control at times, only really when I became airborne in boat form though, which would often result in me facing a different direction. Another thing I didn't like was how there was no all star meter on the screen or on the Wii U gamepad, but that wasn't too annoying.

One thing I discovered and I don't think has been posted here is that when Sonic uses his all star move, the spin attack that can be seen in the video about 20 pages back is performed by pressing the item button and can be done two or three times.

It was easily the game I played the most at the expo, and I cannot wait for it to come out.

Edited by lbyrd2

Don't know how much you can say about the 3DS and PS Vita versions, S0L, but will it be possible to play local multiplayer with only one game card on them?

To add to this, how many players will the multiplayer in the 3DS version support..the 2 player limit was highly disappointing last time..

Edited by kalion

i'm just itching for some gameplay for the 3DS, i want to see what it looks and plays like since i've got it on pre-order

that and Gum - ^ -

I feel 3DS users' pain because I want it on PC and no details have been said about anything regarding that version.

I mean at least you guys are able to pre-order the bonus edition. I'm not able to do anything because they've been mum on the PC version so much.

I feel 3DS users' pain because I want it on PC and no details have been said about anything regarding that version.

I mean at least you guys are able to pre-order the bonus edition. I'm not able to do anything because they've been mum on the PC version so much.

It's a fair bit different cause the 360/PS3 version is identical to the PC version. The only news you can really be waiting for is to see if the Bonus Edition will go up for order. And system requirement perhaps? The 3DS version we know nothing of.

No, the PC version is supposed to be the ultimate version since it will run at 120fps and is said to surpass the Wii U version. There's no reason it shouldn't as it is the most powerful system. I really don't think it's a 360/PS3 port.

If the main bullet points are that it will run at a higher framerate and resolution, that would make it a port. There's nothing "ultimate" about it that they went out of their way to implement. It's just the same game running on better hardware.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

No, the PC version is supposed to be the ultimate version since it will run at 120fps and is said to surpass the Wii U version. There's no reason it shouldn't as it is the most powerful system. I really don't think it's a 360/PS3 port.

As is true of most PC games compared to their console equivalents. It's a simple case of what the hardware can handle. It's a PS3/360 port in exactly the same way that Generations was.

If the main bullet points are that it will run at a higher framerate and resolution, that would make it a port. There's nothing "ultimate" about it that they went out of their way to implement. It's just the same game running on better hardware.

Incorrect. It has had some love spent on it this time, so higher resolution textures, PC specific rendering options and more. Just none of which I can talk about right now. Same with the handheld versions, we can't reveal anything SEGA hasn't, hence the keeping mum.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

Incorrect. It has had some love spent on it this time, so higher resolution textures, PC specific rendering options and more. Just none of which I can talk about right now. Same with the handheld versions, we can't reveal anything SEGA hasn't, hence the keeping mum.

---

S0L

---

Well the PC version did have some different textures last time...

But does the PC version of ASRT actually offer anything different in terms of content, or is it just better tailored to the platform this time?

Well the PC version did have some different textures last time...

But does the PC version of ASRT actually offer anything different in terms of content, or is it just better tailored to the platform this time?

Refer to my previous post. Can't talk about it :P

---

S0L

---

Refer to my previous post. Can't talk about it tongue.png

---

S0L

---

I'm going to place my bets on it not being any different then. Standard console version, optimised better for the PC. I can't see any reason to expect otherwise.

So, guys, which consoles are you getting ASRT on? I'm getting it for the 360, PS3, and the Wii U (once I get one for Christmas).

At the moment, none of those. I'd probably get the Wii U version if I could afford the console but, since I can't right now, I'll likely be buying the PC version.

Edited by Pawn

So, guys, which consoles are you getting ASRT on? I'm getting it for the 360, PS3, and the Wii U (once I get one for Christmas).

Edited by Debug Ring

I'm going to place my bets on it not being any different then. Standard console version, optimised better for the PC. I can't see any reason to expect otherwise.

I could make some easy money here, but I'm not going too :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

PC for sure. I'm a PC gamer and I want to let Sega know that if they release their games on PC, I will buy them.

Getting the Vita version since it needs something in it(Pre-ordered the Bonus-edition) and cause I wouldn't mind my ASR with spiffy graphics on the go.

Will get the PC version when it's available.

Edited by Godot

I'm still planning on getting the Wii U version. The Wii U GamePad features actually intrigue me.

• Thumbs Up 1