Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

So after seeing the trailer, I was expecting the model of Danica to looked Unleashed-esque, but it looks like it's Sonic '06 somewhat realistic styled.

Unfortunately, some NASCAR drivers aren't very good (voice) actors since they don't have much experience, you should (not) see the commercials they've done.

An Indy-esque Hot Wheels car? Didn't see that coming, I was expecting a stock car, but that's still cool.

"Out of my way, Yellow Stripes!" is a NASCAR term for "Rookies" when you see the rear bumper of actual cars with yellow rectangular decals.

You sure it's "Hooked up!", not "Pumped up!"?

Danica's done plenty of voice-over work before and is quite experienced at it. She's been in Blur and The Simpsons.

I'm positive she's saying "hooked up" as that's a commonly used phrase in America to describe a car that's heavily customized. She could be saying "pumped up" I dunno.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Sounded unmistakeably like 'hooked' to me, despite having pre-read the 'alternate' interpretation. Actually I'm not sure how the two can sound alike, but I suppose in some accents might. And 'dang' is like 'darn'; it's what adults say when kids are around and what kids say when Mom is around, 'cause she won't let you use the stronger version. Sort of swearing with training wheels.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hooked up. I've got the script.

In-game we process the speech so it's a lot more natural, for the video the dub is a little off in volume...

One thing I realised earlier today, is if you prefer not to have Danica in a race, you have the option. She's unlocked in our World Tour mode, and if you don't select to unlock her, she'll remain locked. Of course, we went to a lot of effort on the character and car so we'd prefer you did, but the option is in your hands :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

Yes, that's REALLY what she said. She's swearing in a video game for kids. Come on, man.

Also, SASR is not a "kids" game. It is a video game for all audiences which includes kids.

Edited by Autosaver

If I said I wasn't surprised, I'd be lying.

So you're using voice clips from Shadow the Hedgehog? aren't you not allowed to do that because of the new voices or something?

If I said I wasn't surprised, I'd be lying.

So you're using voice clips from Shadow the Hedgehog? aren't you not allowed to do that because of the new voices or something?

Or more likely there's been new lines recorded. Not all the lines are recycled.

Though that makes me wonder why they'd record new lines with "damn" in them. Not only is that image of the series looked down upon by pretty much everyone, it just seems totally daft for a game targeted at kids to do something like that that will bump up the rating. What gives?`

another racetrack contains giant spider hazards that emit splashes of green liquid when struck.

Oooh, a bit of further confirmation and details on that House of the Dead track, looks like we're getting more than just zombies this time around. biggrin.png

Edited by The Marvelous Munchlax

Were they testing 3 year olds?

S&ASRT 3DS confirmed for kiddywinks, or is it a Sonic Colours type PR error? :P

Some info on Mods if anyone hasn't gotten 'em:

Mods increase one stat, but at the cost of another. You could apply a top speed mod, but it will potentialy lower acceleration.

It's done like this to ensure balance, and also so you can tailor characters to you play when online tongue.png

Poster: So can you level up every mod to the highest point to have the 'perfect' car? So can you level up every mod to the highest point to have the 'perfect' car?

S0L: No - else it would hugely unbalance the game online. You can only move points around, not make a car which is fully maxxed out. Every change comes with a trade off, but it works rather nicely. Our balance test team really liked the system tongue.png

Poster: So then, can you have more then one car for each character with different mods? Eg. The mod for speed is high in one car and another car where the acceleration is highest?

S0L: It's pretty easy, when you pick a character, you then (if you have them unlocked) pick from their selection of mods. Each one affects the car in a different way. But you can only choose one tongue.png

Each character has their own collection of mods, which you unlock by levelling that character up (or finding in World Tour). They each have several, but you can only use one at once.

Edited by FourCartridge

The mods are a cool idea. If Reala, or Gum, or whichever character I want to play as doesn't handle quite the way I'd like them to, I can shift their stats a little.

From the sounds of it, I get the impression they're talking about whatever this game's equivelant of a mission mode is. I also get the impression that the 3DS mission mode is gonna have much less imaginative/unique missions, much like the DS version did in the original.

That's a shame if so. 8C I mean I had the original on PS3 and DS, and while I liked the fact that they had some variation in content, I can't say the DS missions were anywhere near as engaging as the console ones.

Also, SASR is not a "kids" game. It is a video game for all audiences which includes kids.

Sorry folks but this beats it all(skip to 0:35)

• Thumbs Up 3

First Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS Details

http://www.sonicstad...ed-3ds-details/

Ew. Very poor excuses for shafting the 3DS version. Removing game modes because they're too hard for kids? Really? Ugh. Well, at least the Vita version isn't getting the short end of the stick. If I get a handheld version I'll just get the Vita version.

Do we know if these mods actually modify the vehicles themselves? Or are they invisible upgrades? I'd love it if some franchise specific visual add-ons changes the vehicles stats. Like a Chao hood ornament or a graffiti decal on Beat's vehicle or something like that.

Am I the only one still inetersted in the 3DS version? :<

Not at all, I'm getting both the PS3 and 3DS versions, it's nice that there's a difference between the two, even if it's "dumbed down".

I mean, the DS version of the first game was different enough to warrant a seperate purchase, I'm kinda hoping it's the same here.