Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I'm sure the iOS version will share the same as the 3DS version. Just like the first game. So I'll be getting the iOS version instead out of the two.

I'm not so sure it will be a copy of the 3DS version. I understand the DS being a copy but the 3DS might be more powerful than the iPhone. Well, unless Sumo plans on releasing SASR Transformed only for iPhone 5, but I doubt that.

I'm sure the iOS version will share the same as the 3DS version. Just like the first game. So I'll be getting the iOS version instead out of the two.

Yep, me too. I own a 3DS, but...uhm... it's collecting dust. Mario Kart 7 was fun for some weeks, but if I use a mobile gaming device, it's mostly my iPod Touch 4th gen.

I think Transformed won't be bad on 3DS. I mean, 3D isn't really useful when playing racing games (turned it off in Mario Kart), but at least the 3DS has buttons, an analog stick and a lower screen to show the map. But the iOS version will surely be cheaper, and most iOS devices are more powerful and have a better screen. Moreover there's Game Center, cross play with other iOS devices and better chances to get updates. Moreover I have the opinion that the controls for ASR iOS were great, so I think Transformed will work, too.

Let's wait and see how the versions for 3DS and iOS prove to be. I hope both are great.

Sorry, but removing modes because the modes are too hard for kids is a bad excuse IMO. I would understand something like "There's not enough space on the cartridge" or something, but this? That's just... ugh.

Sumo, you clearly showed in ASR 1 and in this game that you want the teens and adults to enjoy your games by putting lots of oldschool things in the games and a pretty hard single player mode, so why are you making such a decision? I don't get it.

I was really looking forward to this version of the game (since it's the only version I can play), but... I don't know, after hearing this, my anticipation isn't as strong as before.

Edited by Thigolf

I'm not so sure it will be a copy of the 3DS version. I understand the DS being a copy but the 3DS might be more powerful than the iPhone. Well, unless Sumo plans on releasing SASR Transformed only for iPhone 5, but I doubt that.

iPhone 4S is definitely powerful. Don't forget about the new iPad too. So that's 3 iOS devices capable of running the 3DS version. With iPad Mini coming out soon this year. And by the time Transformed for iOS comes out, a new version of the iPad (iPad 4) will be around the corner.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Impressions from a poster at another forum(and a long one!)

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?424027-I-played-Transformed-at-The-New-York-Comic-Con-%29

*I apoligize for not typing this up yesterday but I literally went in there with 0 hours of sleep. Many energy/caffeinated beverages were consumed yesterday.

So I went in and located the "Archie Booth" right off the bat because I found out Sega chills with them and they did so last year which is why I had no clue they were even there to begin with lol. In any case , the lines were small and t hey had two HDTV's set up with two different pre-set builds of the game. So I couldn't pick any characters or tracks. The first build I played had a playable Sonic on the new Seaside Hill track and the woman next to me was very kind and naturally was explaining to me the game and if I anyone got in top 3 you'd get a Transformed Lanyard to wear.

So let me just say I knew this game was going to be fantastic but damn , it's really incredible. It visually looks better and much more brighter and detailed. The track designs are gorgous , everything just played so damn smooth. I feel like drifts in this game are so much more seamless and maybe I'm crazy saying that but I keep connecting and chaining boosts and it just came off super smooth. Where as the first SASAR had moment where it didn't feel all together here and there very rarely. I think the thing I love the most is I don't feel like this game has abandoned it's fans at all. The game still feels the same but much more tuned up and much more in your face and in a great way.

The items were great , TBH I was just too busy admiring the great track design and detail (like the wind on Sonic's hair and the Octopus) to really foucus a lot of them. But they are very effective and very fun weapons. I didn't get enough to build up an All Star move but those are interesting to get because they seem to spawn in different areas so not everyone can get one every track.

But man does the game really change up once you hit the water and sky. I would say water is personally a lot more challenging but very , very impressive seeing the waves form and crash the living crap out of your vehicle . You can be a dude in say 2nd place in a race like I was and that water will make either a veteran or a baby out of you and toss you the hell to the side.

I managed to get 3rd and grab a lanyard , I was playing it on medium (you can set the difficulty). And the next T.V had a playable Danica Patrick on The Panzer Dragoon Canyon. I would say this one had a full package deal with all 3 terrians supported as opposed to Seaside. Danica's car felt surprisingly fast but her drifts were downright strange. Like imagine B.D Joe's awesome wide turns but even wider? XD. Anyways she actually had a really cool car despite this and it performed interesting , her car in the water was very hard to control. Makes sense though , she's obviously more suited to land performance at the end of the day. The Sky portion was downright amazing. For some strange reason to me , it felt right at home. Almost like what we all have been playing on land but in air form. The barrel rolls are fun and I believe cause boosts or at least help propel you. And the things in your way are just fantastic.

Anyways I really found this game to be the real deal , thought everything was great. And I cannot wait to go back today and play some more smile.png.

Not sure where this was filmed, but it's only just been uploaded.

Edit: Quite sure this was filmed at Pax, but it's only just been uploaded yesterday.

Edit 2: "Weapon power ups combine, so if you see a CPU player hit a player with 2 snowballs, if you then hit him with one, he'll spin out as if he were hit with all three."

Edit 3:

ASRT lanyards being given out at NYCC

• Thumbs Up 1

Manchester Play Expo Footage, Ristar, Wreck-It Ralph, and MeeMee seen

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 7

2 Achievements:

Cosmic Smash - 10G

Mega Jet - 15G

I wonder if this is the final build since Achievements are active.

seems the all star coins work similar to wumpa fruit in Crash Team Racing, when you take damage/deal damage you lose coins/can swipe coins from other players...huh.. does this mean the competition can deplete your all star meter?

Urm... where is MeeMee in that video?

The :36-:41 Mark. She's in what looks to be a purple version of AiAi's vehicle. There's also footage of Ralph, Ristar, some new items, and 360 Achievements.

Edited by FourCartridge

Urm... where is MeeMee in that video?

As FourCartridge said, at the 0:36-41 mark. You can just make her out and you can see her name, too.

Manchester Play Expo Footage, Ristar, Wreck-It Ralph, and MeeMee seen

Is it just me, or do the game's graphics look a lot better in this build than in past offscreen demos??? Seriously, it looks much more fluid, detailed, and fast than in all the previous media I've seen! Definitely makes me more hyped for this title. Also, is it sad that I now want Pudding in this game? I mean, heck, if we're gonna have Reala, Gum, and Meemee in the game, why not just have a full SST reunion (tho I admit NOT having Meemee would've been much better)? XP Just no more supporting characters after her. I think it'd be reasonable if the final 6 characters looked like this (lol, don't worry, I won't be updating my prediction list every time a new character gets confirmed ;P):

1. Alex Kidd

2. Pudding

3. Billy Hatcher or (new, non-supporting character)

4. Ryo Hazuki or (new, non-supporting character)

5. ("ultimate fanservice character")

6. (ambiguous guest character)
Edited by Jinbe

I had already committed to buying this game purely on account of how awesome the developers are, but that video just makes me want it more. It looks pretty awesome I have to say.

That game play video was beautiful. The game has improved greatly since the first couple of videos, and even those old ones looked good. The boating looks like it handles smoothly, and DAT FLYING! The whole game looks fantastic.

About a month left until release.

Edited by wOrm

VRRRROOOOM!!!!

Who wants 30 min of new gameplay footage from the Play Expo?

Not watched it all yet, but mystery solved as to what 'Sega' chime they used to start the game... also we get a good look at MeeMee in this.

meemee.png

Oh hey MeeMee... some people here don't like you.

Spotted another achivement: Magic Second: Finish 5 seconds ahead of another apponent.

• Thumbs Up 5